Traded Brisbane trade Docherty to Carlton for #33

Remove this Banner Ad

Bargain for Carlton, feel sorry for Brisbane and the situation they were put in. But I guess they kind of made their bed (Voss).

Good pick up.

Bargain for Carlton, feel sorry for Brisbane and the situation they were put in. But I guess they kind of made their bed (Voss).

Good pick up.

These 5 were reported to be rejecting contracts they've got since the end of last year, long before the Voss non-renewal. Made their bed definitely, but I doubt it's because of Voss leaving.

Great deal for Carlton.

These 5 were reported to be rejecting contracts they've got since the end of last year, long before the Voss non-renewal. Made their bed definitely, but I doubt it's because of Voss leaving.

Great deal for Carlton.
Fair enough, I just presumed it would of had a small effect.

Pretty s**t trade but once a player digs in their heels there's no much else going to happen. Mid to late 20s probably would be fair (pick 12 in a compromised draft, started to cement a best 22 spot this year) so 33 isn't huge unders... but leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Pretty s**t trade but once a player digs in their heels there's no much else going to happen. Mid to late 20s probably would be fair (pick 12 in a compromised draft, started to cement a best 22 spot this year) so 33 isn't huge unders... but leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

It was compromised, but it was a stronger draft. Docherty for pick 33 is a good deal in a good draft, in a weak draft, it's a steal. Carlton basically swapped Docherty for Hampson. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel bad about how much we have taken advantage of Brisbane.

Fev, barlett and 33 for Henderson, Lucas and docerty

Very happy with this trade from a Carlton perspective.

Managed to bring across a young talent relatively cheaply, and certainly for perceived 'unders'.

Looking forward to seeing him in Navy Blue in 2014 and beyond. Will be interesting to see if he slots straight into our best side or if he starts off at VFL level.

Perfect long-term replacement for Heath Scotland. Very similar footballers.

Bastards wouldn't even give us Pick 32 out of sympathy.....

Good trade for Carlton but I think it's easily forgotten that this draft was one where some of the top talent was taken out of it the year before. Doubt he will be automatically in Carltons 22, maybe after half a season in the reserves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back