Bruce Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If ASADA's prosecution consists of transcripts and recordings, how can you consider them fairy tales? There's nothing paraphrased or interpreted in a recording.

We're not living with the fairies at the bottom of the garden either.

It is actually OK to admit that ASADA has cherry picked evidence, not handed it all over, changed witness testimony or ignored witness testimony, if the end justifies the means it OK ... right ?

Is that your argument ?.

There is no proof of manipulation or misrepresentation. There is proof of the accused wanting all evidence they provided thrown out.

The behaviour of the Essendon Football Club in this whole issue has been an absolute disgrace and makes a mockery of the notion of fair play.

"I'm very disappointed, shocked is probably the best word. As a coach I take full responsibility for what happens in our footy department. If there have been goings on within our football department that are not right we want to know."
James Hird, Feb 05, 2013

"[Over] the past five months, there's obviously been some truth put out there, but the constant innuendo, rhetoric, half-truths and probably lies that have been spun about the club, the players, the great people that work here, and the half-truths, rhetoric and lies that have been spun about myself, are very hurtful and very damaging."
James Hird, Jul 19, 2013

"I disagreed with what Mr Evans was going to say the morning he said it,"
"I was asked by the Essendon Football Club not to shirk the issue."
"I was told it would be better for the club if we went along this path."
James Hird, Aug 11, 2014

Well James, you've been active in the innuendo, rhetoric, half-truths and probably lies that have been spun about the AFL, the other clubs, and the great people who work for ASADA.

There is a lot of proof of manipulation and misrepresentation by ASADA. If you open your eyes you might see it.

Quite a lot of instances where they have been accused of evidence and witness tampering (by people who have a lot to lose if caught out).

No evidence at this stage though, and isn't that what you demand of the other side? (or are you just trying to trash innocent people's reputations?)

Hang on a minute ... who exactly is the innocent people here ?

Guys

As you know I am almost an ‘atheist’. Apart from Tony Nolan QC, Chip Le Grand, Tracey Holmes, Alan Jones and Graham Cornes, I have had no faith in the media or any of the legal participants including Justice Middleton, Garry Downes, Burnside, Grace, Hargreaves, Dillon, Hardie or anyone on ASADA’s team from the janitor up to the hopelessly out of their depth CEOs.

I have forced fed you like little babies examples of ASADA changing a witnesses’ evidence; omitting evidence; fabricating evidence; lying; accepting evidence from a key witnesses, which the investigators knew was wrong, etcetera

Now we have today’s debacle where Chip Le Grand has quoted Nima Alavi saying that ASADA tried to persuade him to sign an affidavit which they knew was false.

If there is an ounce of decency in any of you, you should be demanding that your editors write a front page story insisting the case be dismissed immediately.

I know enough about the law that perjury is a gaolable offence. Hopefully, trying to persuade someone to knowingly commit perjury carries the same penalty.

Bruce Francis
What a strange post. Not sure why you think Bruce only posts on Big Footy. Obviously havent been reading
But did he take it to someone that can do something about his concerns, if he thinks an offence has been committed and according to the below comment he does then why doesn't he do something about it, or is he afraid that will end his moment in the sun and affect future book sales, I gather he does plan to release a book at the end of all this?

"I know enough about the law that perjury is a gaolable offence. Hopefully, trying to persuade someone to knowingly commit perjury carries the same penalty."

It is actually OK to admit that ASADA has cherry picked evidence, not handed it all over, changed witness testimony or ignored witness testimony, if the end justifies the means it OK ... right ?

Is that your argument ?.
My argument is that ASADA are completely justified in picking the parts of the evidence that supports their case. If the defence think something's been left out that changes the substance, they can simply point it out and ask for the tape to be played. I'm sure ASADA will comply, and the tape can be judged on it's merits.

Should the tape confirm what ASADA said though, is it cherry picking?

Depends if he trusted them? He he (rightly or wrongly) believed AD tipped Evans off.

AFP do sound like a fair point, beyond my level of law. Sometimes paranoia steps in rightly or wrongly too Would the AFP move in on one of their own while McDeitt was there (esp when he had a role with the ACC too)

People have different reasons for things, perhaps conections he had.

Pretty sure the ACC is the best place to investigate corruption in a Federal Government agency. AFP next on the list but either way, thats where any evidence should be directed. Not doing that and then complaining that Bigfooty isn't doing him justice is just absurd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a lot of proof of manipulation and misrepresentation by ASADA. If you open your eyes you might see it.
There are lots of insinuations mostly by people with an agenda or a dollar to make, I've seen very little proof, is this the same proof that ASADA were leaking like sieves only to be cleared of this by the ACC?

My argument is that ASADA are completely justified in picking the parts of the evidence that supports their case. If the defence think something's been left out that changes the substance, they can simply point it out and ask for the tape to be played. I'm sure ASADA will comply, and the tape can be judged on it's merits.

Should the tape confirm what ASADA said though, is it cherry picking?

But they even left bits out of the initial reports mate, ... the initial report .... the initial report, you just don't get it do you, it was designed as a stitch up.

The manipulation and misrepresntation by ASADA of information provided to them makes their case an unequivocal disgrace and makes a mockery of the notion "model litigant". Model abuser of process more like it.
Was sitting in court one day during a big drug case.
The defendants lawyer used your defence for an hour or so,Then the prosecutor said yep agree with your sentiments,"now present facts"
Unfortunately for the defendants,their cashed up lawyer produced nothing but the above rhetoric.
Expected nothing=Got nothing.
As a well written efc poster said on this site many times.Put up or shut up,and so far asada has fput up.
Ball firmly in efc court.

The innocent are the people doing the thankless job of finding out the truth - and are having their reputations trashed by the accused.

They are faceless nameless public servants individuals except for McDevitt who seems to be a career cop anyway and attempting to play both good cop and bad cop not very well.

I would have thought the innocent people are the players who AFAIK ( but probably not according to you ) are still innocent.

But they even left bits out of the initial reports mate, ... the initial report .... the initial report, you just don't get it do you, it was designed as a stitch up.
You got some proof, or is it MABO.

Why are you so happy to jump on wild ass speculation of people who are trying to get out of the s**t as proof of guilt in this case, but on the other hand, everything is this amazing bunch of coincidences and conspiracies? It would be a really time to re-evaluate things IMO.

They are faceless nameless public servants individuals except for McDevitt who seems to be a career cop anyway and attempting to play both good cop and bad cop not very well.

I would have thought the innocent people are the players who AFAIK ( but probably not according to you ) are still innocent.
You're trying to tarnish the hard workers (even named one in particular above) for no other reason than the boys wearing the colours you like look like they're farked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back