Past Bryce Gibbs

Remove this Banner Ad

thats pretty classic , apparently gibbs was gonna be the next goddard > not quite a KP and not quite a MID....

Where are the stats for this weeks game? :eek: Reminds me of the match he had against Adelaide, poor performance. Ellis has caught up to him now after only 5 games in the midfield and will now begin to pull away.

Seriously though, where is the possession by possession description from Bluebear this week? :eek:

Just like him . . . nowhere to be seen after a bad week.

Ellis
22 Possies
2 contested
10 Marks
No contested marks
1 inside 50
2 rebound 50
No Clearences
No Goals
No goal Assists
Supercoach points for round 65
Season Average 72
30 POINT LOSS TO RICHMOND

Gibbs
16 Possies
5 contested
4 Marks
3 Inside 50
3 Rebound 50
3 Clearences
No Goals
1 Goal Assist
Supercoach points 72
Season Average 91
50 POINT LOSS TO KANGAROOS

Kangaroos > Richmond

Yet you still try you stupid Arse Clown

Go back to making your delusional polls and to Bay 13 where you belong!

Podgy is on my ignore list, so couldn't see what he had written until you quoted it.

Have done the possie by possie for the Port game.......SMASHED Cassissi.

Haven't done the Roos game yet. Between rennovations and my birthday celebrations, haven't quite got there, but it will come.......as will the year in review thread where I point out Gibbs year compared to other notable so-called superstars and what they did in their second years.

:thumbsu:

Ellis
22 Possies
2 contested
10 Marks
No contested marks
1 inside 50
2 rebound 50
No Clearences
No Goals
No goal Assists
Supercoach points for round 65
Season Average 72
30 POINT LOSS TO RICHMOND

Gibbs
16 Possies
5 contested
4 Marks
3 Inside 50
3 Rebound 50
3 Clearences
No Goals
1 Goal Assist
Supercoach points 72
Season Average 91
50 POINT LOSS TO KANGAROOS

Kangaroos > Richmond

Yet you still try you stupid Arse Clown

Ellis averages more cps than gibbs, but anyway, gibbs got 67% efficiency for that game :eek: , ellis was up at 86% :eek: .

You get off on efficiency stats waaaayyyyy too much. In fact, stats full stop.

Besides, anyone even just looking at those stats from last weekend, and considering the opponents (Kangas and Richmond) played, can see that Gibbs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ellis. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You get off on efficiency stats waaaayyyyy too much. In fact, stats full stop.

Besides, anyone even just looking at those stats from last weekend, and considering the opponents (Kangas and Richmond) played, can see that Gibbs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ellis. :thumbsu:

Don't bother replying.

Podgy won't be able to read it...........he has been stung.:thumbsu:

Even if he could read it he would troll you into some patheitc arguement.

He is one of the main reasons why people leave BF.

This thread can now belong to Gibbs........and I will get around to updating it when I get a chance.:thumbsu:

Agree with everything you said Bluebear except for him Beeing stung. Bee, I have a request for you. As 99.9% of people on this site would have enough intelligence to figure out the difference between the Carlton Board (or the Blues Buddy Draft to be exact) and Bay 13 (even tigerboyz can figure that out), I request you ban Hodgepodge from our board. It is the only way to stop him. Thank you.

Agree with everything you said Bluebear except for him Beeing stung. Bee, I have a request for you. As 99.9% of people on this site would have enough intelligence to figure out the difference between the Carlton Board (or the Blues Buddy Draft to be exact) and Bay 13 (even tigerboyz can figure that out), I request you ban Hodgepodge from our board. It is the only way to stop him. Thank you.

Ummm.....that's what has happened.......hence my ref to Bee and her nice work.:thumbsu::eek:

Oh, cool. Sorry I'm not a mod, I just assumed you'd get carded. Oh well, good ****ing riddance to him. He's a cancer on Bay 13 yet alone here. I've put him in his place before without needing to use the ignore button don't you worry about that.;)

BG vs Roos, round 20 2008.

The Summary:
17 possies (10k, 7h/b)
5 contested possessions
69% Efficiency:(
3 Clearances
1 Clanger (Goal :()
4 marks
3 tackles
3 rebound 50's
3 inside 50's (for 2 goals)
8 i50 through play (for 4 goals)
1 goal assist

Opponents - 8 kicks, 5 handballs, 5 i50, 3 goals.
Harvey - 1 k (1t/o - goal Blues), 2 h/b
Rawlings - 1 k
Brown - 1 h/b
Harding - 2 k i50 (goal), 1 h/b
Wells - 1 k, 1 i50 (goal)
Harris - 2 k, 2i50 (goal)
Sinclair - 1 k, 1 h/b i50

1st Q - C Sq on Rawlings
Gibbs - 6 kicks, 1 h/b, 2 i50, 2 r50, 2 i50 through play (2 goals), 1 t/o goal Roos
Harvey - 1 kick (t/o goal Blues), 2 h/b
Rawlings - 0
Sinclair - 1 k, 1 h/b

Gibbs doing well with 7 to 5 disposals and setting up goals through play for the Blues. His fortunes mirror the teams.

2nd Q - C Sq Harris
Gibbs - 1 h/b
Harris - 2 kick 2 i50, 1 goal
Harding - 1 k, 1 behind
Brown - 1 k

Moved forward to the goal square for a period and had no touches, then after a rest came onto the wing on Brown.

3rd Q - CHF on Harding
Gibbs - 4 h/b, 1 smother, 3 i50 through play
Harding - 1 k, 1 h/b
Rawlings - 1 k

Gibbs getting back on top this Q, but was part of the play on our HF line that allowed Harvey, Wells and HArding to run through and link up through the middle. While his direct opponent didn't get loads of footy there didn't seem to be a plan to stop the run either, from players or coaches.

4th Q - C Sq on Rawlings, then to Harris in Gen play
Gibbs - 4 kicks, 1 h/b, 1 i50 (1 goal), 3 i50 through play (2 goals)
Wells 1 kick, 1 i50 play (1 goal)
Harris 1 kick, 1 i50 play (1 goal)

Again, despite the team being down, Gibbs gets more footy than his opponent and gets it inside 50 directly or through the direct passage of play.
Its a mark of his quality given that it wasn't a good game from him, yet he still had more possession than his direct opponents and had more scoreboard impact by 6 goals to 4.

BG vs Lions, round 21 2008.

The Summary:
21 possies (7k, 14h/b)
7 contested possessions
90% Efficiency :D
4 Clearances
2 Clangers
5 marks
5 tackles
1 rebound 50's
1 goal assist

Opponents - 5 kicks (1 t/o), 2 h/b (1 t/o) = 7 possies........5 effective.:eek:
Brenan - 0 (despite Dunstals comments, Brennan didn't get a touch until he went into the ruck vs Hampson/Kreuzer)
Moody/Rishitelli - 0
Adcock - 1 kick (t/o - goal Blues)
McGrath - 2 kicks, 1 i50 play (1 goal)
Corrie - 1 kick i50 (goal)
Handley - 2 h/b (1 t/o), 1 kick

1st Q - HF on Brennan
Gibbs - 3 kicks, 4 h/b, 3 marks, 3 i50 play, 2 1st possie, 2 tackles
Brennan/Moody - 0
Adcock - 1 kick, t/o goal Hoops

Neither Gibbs nor Brennan had a possie for the first 10 mins. Gibbs to bench for a brief rest. Brennan into the ruck for blood rule to Charman and gets int the play, Gibbs onto Moody and picked up Adcock on an overlap.
Gibbs not dominating but beating his man and contributing to a good team performance.

2nd Q - HB on Brennan first half, then goes to HF on McGrath
Gibbs - 3 h/b, 1 kick, 1 i50 play (1 goal), 1 mark
McGrath - 2 kicks, 1 i50 (1 goal)
Brennan - 0

Quieter Q for Gibbs, again playing his role but not the "go to" guy tonight with Judd, Murph and Stevens on fire. Still finished ahead of his opponents though allowed McGrath a couple of runs from HB one of which set up a goal.

3rd Q - On Rischitelli HF, then goes to Corrie in HB
Gibbs - 2 kicks
Corrie - 1 kick, 1 i50 (goal)
Rishitelli - 0

Gibbs very quiet along with his teammates as the Lions pile on the goals, yet despite this dominance, Gibbs still keeps his man quiet and beaqts him in the possession count.

4th Q - HF on Handley
Gibbs - 7 h/b, 1 kick, 6 i50 through play (2 goals)
Handley - 1 kick, 2 h/b (1 t/o)

Gibbs rising to the top and dominating his first gamer opponent as he sets up 2 goals and gets the ball inside 50 through play with 6 of his 8 possies. Had a knock on to Fev at the top of the goal square as well that scored 1 beind from the snap.

All in all a good game without the brilliance, but again keeping his opponents to very little influence while having a good effect.
Starting to become a theme with young Gibbs.

BG vs Hawks, round 22 2008.

The Summary:
32 possies (15k, 17h/b) - career high
7 contested possessions
81% Efficiency
3 Clearances
1 Clangers
11 marks
2 tackles
5 rebound 50's
1 i50
12 i50 play (2 goals)
2 goals
1 goal assist

Opponents - 7 kicks, 3 handballs
Osborne/Ellis - 0
Dew - 1 kick, 1 handball, 1 t/o
Mitchell - 1 handball
Ladson - 4 kicks, 1 handball, 2 i50 (1 goal), 2 i50 play (1 goal)
Lewis - 2 kicks, 1 r50

1st Q
Gibbs - 4 kicks, 1 handball, 2 marks, 1 r50, 1 i50, 1 i50 play.
Osborne - 0
Dew - 1 handball, 1 kick (t/o)

Playing mainly across half back on Osborne, Switched to Dew on the Wing, then back to Osborne, and pushing forward, limited Osbornes influence, and Dew had 2 touches, 1 ineffective. Gibbs with a little impact, but not big.

2nd Q
Gibbs - 2 kicks, 6 handballs, 3 marks, 1 goal, 2 r50, 3 i50 play
Osborne - 0
Ellis - 0
Mitchell - 1 handball

Playing more genuine midfield now starting on Osborne on the wing (BG 4 touches), then onto Mitchell at HB (BG 3), and then to Ellis in the C Sq (BG 1). Really helped set up the play but wasn't getting a lot of support. Again his opponents doing nothing to hurt us.

3rd Q
Gibbs - 5 kicks, 8 handballs, 5 marks, 1 i50 (goal), 3 r50, 3 i50 play (1 goal), 1 goal assist.
Ladson - 3 kicks, 1 handball, 2 i50 (1 goal), 1 i50 play

Went to Half Forward manned by Ladson. Used the ball well across HF and the wing and contributed 2 goals through play. Ladson got away for a couple of runs forward, but again with limited impact.

4th Q
Gibbs - 4 kicks, 2 handballs, 1 mark, 1 goal (left foot snap), 5 i50 play (1 goal)
Lewis - 2 kicks, 1 r50
Ladson - 1 kick, 1 i50 play (1 goal)

Started in the C sq on Lewis and had 3 possies to 2, then went forward on Ladson and had 3 possies to 1. Kicked a great snap which due to Fev fever was booed, but was a great rove and snap. 5 out of 6 possies ended up insdie 50, and the other was his own goal. Very damaging. Sadly, had no support in the midfield.

Finished the year in style with a career highfor possessions, almost half of which ended up inside 50 directly or through the play. Again limiting his opponents to only 9 effective disposals, to contribute 2 goals......to Gibbs 31 effective disposals and contributed 5 goals.

For a guy who has played 43 games now, he has a great platform to build on for next year.:thumbsu:

Reckon this guy is in for a big year. Saw some signs in the second half of last season that this kid is going to be special. Eagerly looking forward to seeing how Gibbs performs in 2009.

Reckon this guy is in for a big year. Saw some signs in the second half of last season that this kid is going to be special. Eagerly looking forward to seeing how Gibbs performs in 2009.
You wouldn't of needed to see the second half of last year to know that he will be special but kudos to you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back