Bulletproof® Lifestyle / BP coffee etc...

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been shaking up my BP coffee in a jam jar to try and get the emulsified taste but I've just bought one of these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000NPF3JU/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item
31J%2Bki2RURL.jpg

It's effectively a battery operated whisk, should be great as having the fats properly mixed through makes a lot of difference to the taste.

Hey all, as a complete BP n00b was wondering if you could tell me if what I stumbled across on ebay (seller seems reputable) is what I need, and is reasonably priced?

Found a seller selling a package with: 2 x 12 OZ BP coffee (2 x 473ml), 1 x 32 OZ (946ml) bottle of BP Brain Octane Coconut Oil. Priced at $136.

Does that sound reasonable? And if not, can you point me in the direction of where might be a better place to buy? Cheers.

Don't get sucked in by the marketing. Buy regular coffee beans from a local roaster and coconut oil from your local supermarket. The BP coffee guy is a snake oil salesman, his idea is great but he is trying to make a quick buck with his exorbitantly priced produce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get sucked in by the marketing. Buy regular coffee beans from a local roaster and coconut oil from your local supermarket. The BP coffee guy is a snake oil salesman, his idea is great but he is trying to make a quick buck with his exorbitantly priced produce.
this

Which coffee beans do you recommend? I buy fair trade from a local health store which are from Ethiopia, have no idea where they're roasted.

Which coffee beans do you recommend? I buy fair trade from a local health store which are from Ethiopia, have no idea where they're roasted.
There are an array of roasters in Perth who charge around $30-$40 per kilo. As long as you aren't buying imported stuff like Lavazza etc because they could be in warehouses and shop floors for up to 2 years which is where the they become stale and mouldy. If you are in Melbourne local coffee is easy to come by. I recommend Campos in Carlton for range and quality.

For past few years I've been buying organic coffee beans from different growers in Byron bay.
buncoffee.com.au
But there are plenty of other suppliers, I always like to support Aussie products when I can plus all coffee beans from overseas are fumigated at customs which can't be any good for'm.

For past few years I've been buying organic coffee beans from different growers in Byron bay.
buncoffee.com.au
But there are plenty of other suppliers, I always like to support Aussie products when I can plus all coffee beans from overseas are fumigated at customs which can't be any good for'm.
so i should stop buying the fair trade ones from ethiopia?

so i should stop buying the fair trade ones from ethiopia?

I wouldn't be anything from Overseas especially something so mass produced like coffee from parts of the world were health standards are allot less stringent than Australia & our standard are still below what I would apply.

Ended up having some free time this week (as a teacher does in the holidays). Decided to give roasting with a popcorn popper a go. Here are the results. I look forward to tasting it after letting it rest for 2 days. To give you an idea, the popper cost $20 the green beans are $14 a kilo for premium microlot coffee and it takes about 5 minutes to roast to my desired roast level. Whilst this is a lot faster than conventional roasting I french pressed a small amount and there didn't seem to be any issue with the flavour.
13600090_10153910792036374_7170330446190283261_n.jpg 13627005_10153910792161374_7340606124354224332_n.jpg

Lol. Just buy locally roasted good coffee. Find a specialty coffee roaster/shop in your city, they'll all have retail coffee for sale. If you need a list just tell me what city your from and I'll give you a few places to start

Shop local, think global

I wouldn't be anything from Overseas especially something so mass produced like coffee from parts of the world were health standards are allot less stringent than Australia & our standard are still below what I would apply.

this is such a narrow minded view - supporting direct trade coffee practices from specialty roasters/importers in Australia benefits both the Australian economy, as well as impoverished farmers in third world countries. The standard of specialty coffee from high altitude regions with volcanic soils is infinitely superior to anything that can be produced in australia, especially given the standard cherry selection in third world countries is hand picked, compared to machine threshed in Byron Bay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back