Bulletproof® Lifestyle / BP coffee etc...

Remove this Banner Ad

What so firstly you support overseas products ahead of home grown n now your going to condone grain consumption............the only one who benefits from grain is the medical industry..........if sprouted maybe.

if that means better quality - yes. why would i support a local product if im wasting my money.

tell me whats wrong with grain consumption genius. its the cornerstone of our food supply, accounts for around 25% of our agricultural production. as you said, support your local industries

if that means better quality - yes. why would i support a local product if im wasting my money.

tell me whats wrong with grain consumption genius. its the cornerstone of our food supply, accounts for around 25% of our agricultural production. as you said, support your local industries

Grains aren't that bad, like they're not exactly healthy, just the problem is when diets are based around them. It's an issue especially when the food products have lots of sugar added to them. I can't imagine eating a couple pieces of brown bread or having a wheat based cereal like vita brits each day is going to wipe years off your life.

What grains do your family farm?

Grains aren't that bad, like they're not exactly healthy, just the problem is when diets are based around them. It's an issue especially when the food products have lots of sugar added to them. I can't imagine eating a couple pieces of brown bread or having a wheat based cereal like vita brits each day is going to wipe years off your life.

Mainly wheat, a lot of which goes to china for noodles. Also a decent amount of canola, barley and lupins for stock feed

I agree with this. The problem being the nutritional/medical dogma that they're so integral, which is obviously not true.

Non-celiac gluten sensitivity (NCGS) is a real thing.
Hundreds and hundreds of thousands of people are ditching grains and reporting massive upside in health.
Its no fad, it's real and the grain industry are shitting bricks.

Best thing I ever did was eliminating grains from my diet and I will never go back. Ever.

So what if everyone bought grain from overseas like your encouraging coffee buyers to do, I'm sure your family wouldn't be happy?

Cos grain is the cornerstone of the food industry doesn't mean it's any good.

Tell me what's right with grain consumption?
Sprayed with chemicals, stripping the earth of its nutrients, raises inflammation markers.......I could go on.
Grain is just a cheap filler that does more harm than good.

Lol @ a grain farmer being given a lecture on what his product does to people with a standard diet.

Might as well be a cattle farmer being lectured by vegans.

Farmer who's family's livelihood is based on his production & yields and so many other external factors - being faced with discussions like these on a footy forum = DILLIGAF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have never understood how something alleged to be so superior and healthy has to be fortified by law.

If it's so good why artificially tamper with it?

demand regulates how much grain is grown. we know we can sell more grain than we currently grow, so always looking to increase yields. Supply and demand.

organic farming is terrible for the environment. low yield meaning more acres needed to produce same amount. hence why GMO crops are coming into vogue - if you can increase resistance to pathogens, you can increase yield without chemicals, and therefore can grow on a smaller footprint.

ill now await the barrage of 'GMO is bad for your health' nonsense to be directed my way. i actually found this case a couple hours from our farm quite funny.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-03/organic-farmer-steve-marsh-loses-gm-appeal/6746108

"He's an organic farmer, he can't spray, he can't use chemicals, you know he's got red mite, he's got aphids, he's got rust, he's got all the diseases in the world, does he worry about that?

"They blow over the fence, I get them all the time.

"Do I whinge, do I complain? No, not at all."

demand regulates how much grain is grown. we know we can sell more grain than we currently grow, so always looking to increase yields. Supply and demand.

organic farming is terrible for the environment. low yield meaning more acres needed to produce same amount. hence why GMO crops are coming into vogue - if you can increase resistance to pathogens, you can increase yield without chemicals, and therefore can grow on a smaller footprint.

ill now await the barrage of 'GMO is bad for your health' nonsense to be directed my way. i actually found this case a couple hours from our farm quite funny.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-03/organic-farmer-steve-marsh-loses-gm-appeal/6746108
What?

What's that got to do with my question. When did I mention organic or GMO?

I understood your comment re. Artificially tampering to be directed at GM crops. Unless you were actually staying on topic and talking about coffee!

I understood your comment re. Artificially tampering to be directed at GM crops. Unless you were actually staying on topic and talking about coffee!
Read what I said, it had nothing to do with GMO (or coffee) it was about fortification of your product.

The DAA keep pushing this ridiculous notion of 8 serves of grain per day, yet have laws passed for the mandatory addition of folic acid and iodine to bread flour.
I know it's for NTDs and general iodine deficiency in the population, but if it's such a wonder product like the grain industry and dietitians tell us why tamper with it?

Read what I said, it had nothing to do with GMO (or coffee) it was about fortification of your product.

The DAA keep pushing this ridiculous notion of 8 serves of grain per day, yet have laws passed for the mandatory addition of folic acid and iodine to bread flour.
I know it's for NTDs and general iodine deficiency in the population, but if it's such a wonder product like the grain industry and dietitians tell us why tamper with it?

Water is a wonder product, why add fluoride?

Unlike the fortification of flour the addition of fluoride isn't mandatory by law as it's an individual state and territory issue
even though that has no real bearing on the argument, would you say that fluoride has
a) benefited Australians
b) negatively impacted upon Australians

even though that has no real bearing on the argument, would you say that fluoride has
a) benefited Australians
b) negatively impacted upon Australians

Flouride benefits Australians about as much as grain does, both unnesscary & offer nothing positive to our health what's so ever.

Flouride added to the water supply is a chemical, be different is if was the natural mineral source being added.

I assume it's fortified because we eat much more of it than intended, they need to make it healthier than it is because people rely on it for one or more meals per day.

In asia they also now eat a lot more sugar, it's added so much stuf and in general theyre exposed to a lot of stuff like ice cream, donuts and soft drinks.. Also oils like canola, cottonseed, vege oil etc. I wouldn't pin point it specifically on grains.

Isn't fluoride good for one's teeth?

I couldn't give a toss about fluoride, you bought it up.
yes i did, because you're taking the stance that why add substances to what we consume if its already healthy.

towns without fluoride in australia are seeing significant tooth decay in children, some rivalling third world countries - much higher than those using fluoride. maybe, just maybe, health professionals know a bit more than the average bigfooty punter, and are trying to improve our health wherever possible.

its good that ablett has got his tinfoil hat on though.

Science
Fluoride Officially Classified as a Neurotoxin in World’s Most Prestigious Medical Journal

By Waking Science | February 10, 2016

The movement to remove industrial sodium fluoride from the world’s water supply has been growing in recent years, with evidence coming out against the additive from several sources.

Now, a report from the world’s oldest and most prestigious medical journal, The Lancet, has officially classified fluoride as a neurotoxin — in the same category as arsenic, lead and mercury.

As noted in the summary of the report, a systematic review identified five different similar industrial chemicals as developmental neurotoxicants: lead, methylmercury, polychlorinated biphenyls, arsenic, and toluene.

The summary goes on to state that six additional developmental neurotoxicants have also now been identified: manganese, fluoride, chlorpyrifos, dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane, tetrachloroethylene, and the polybrominated diphenyl ethers.

http://wakingscience.com/2016/02/fl...n-in-worlds-most-prestigious-medical-journal/

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back