Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 1, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, West Perth, All Blacks
Bulletstorm.jpg

Bulletstorm is an upcoming 2011 first-person shooter video game developed by People Can Fly and Epic Games, and is published by Electronic Arts for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Microsoft Windows. The game is currently scheduled for a February 22, 2011 release. There is currently a demo on Xbox Live Marketplace and there will also be one on PSN on the 26th of January (Today). For Xbox 360 players, if you purchase the Epic Edition of Bulletstorm you gain access to the upcoming Gears of War 3 beta.

screenlg1.jpg
screenlg2.jpg

screenlg3.jpg
screenlg4.jpg

screenlg5.jpg
screenlg6.jpg

screenlg7.jpg

So, I had a playthrough of the demo tonight, it features a single level from the game mode 'Echoes' which is a high scoring, combo building mode where the aim is to amass as much points as possible. This is achieved through various weapon and melee kills, and through some of the most 'over the top' and 'out there' executions possible.

Everything in the game is over the top, from the weapons to the environments, to the enemies and the characters themselves, but this isn't over the top in a negative way (the gore is especially good). I did enjoy trying various manoeuvres to see what outrageous combo names would come up (similar to picture six in my first post), my favourite moment involved me kicking a sword-wielding enemy, only for him to slowly float through the air and become impaled on some spikes sticking out from the ceiling, to which 'Voodoo Doll' popped up on the screen, producing some laughter from me.

It's definitely a demo worth checking out, especially if you are into these sorts of games that contain rather outrageous and over the top elements. Also check it out if you are into gore-y games as it is very much like Gears (duhh, Epic made this) except it's a tad cartoony, just make sure you aim for the enemy's throat. ;)

DL'd and played the demo. It's actually a lot more like a first person gears without the cover etc (Not surprising i guess based on who made it).

Pretty good looking little game. Possibly might become a little repetitive i guess, but if you keep getting better weapons and combos etc. could be a winner.

Think i will buy

D/L'd the demo too, seems pretty cool, i like the idea of co-op multiplayer modes, and using team work to 'kill with skill', could get pretty repetative though, will have to wait and see

Some dude on xbox getting over 21000 points on Collapsed building.

[YOUTUBE]rTzjazwT_jI[/YOUTUBE]

I ran through it about 8 times last night and could only get 8000 or so. Few cool things in this vid to try tonight tho. Especially the bottle of booze you can drink and then fight drunk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pisstake on the Halo 3 Believe ads.

Quite funny. :thumbsu:

[youtube]SkNskXnd4so[/youtube]
They've had a great advertising campaign. Cliff Bleszinski's stuff was pretty funny too. I'm just not feeling this game though, do have the demo on my system, so will try and give it a go still and test it out to see what it's all about.

Anyone played this yet? Considering getting it but is it any good?

The IGN review wasn't too bad.
Ultimately, it's a quirky blaster with plenty of big explosions and bosses. I wonder if it's durable though.
That seems to be the question mark over it.

The IGN review wasn't too bad.
Ultimately, it's a quirky blaster with plenty of big explosions and bosses. I wonder if it's durable though.
That seems to be the question mark over it.

Unless you have a group of friends that'll play the s**t out of the anarchy mode then it's probably not worth it at full price. I'm going to pass on it for now but I'll definitely get it down the line because the SP looks heaps of fun

Unless you have a group of friends that'll play the s**t out of the anarchy mode then it's probably not worth it at full price. I'm going to pass on it for now but I'll definitely get it down the line because the SP looks heaps of fun

I'm in the same boat. Will probably wait until it drops in price too.

Visually it looks great.

Played the demo but it didn't really jump out at me to buy it, might look at it when it drops in price and there is nothing else around, and even then i'll think twice about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back