Opinion Butcher

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hope it's Johnson because his positioning and run from the backline is very important to Freo. Butch can make him accountable and play a strong defensive game on him with hard chasing and tackling.

Ibbotson or Johnson.
Was thinking Ibbotson until I saw butch had 10cm on him. Don't get me wrong, if they want to put a bloke with a height difference on an overhead marking forward, I'm okay with it.

Johnson is a good playmaker back there and if he beats butch, he'll be damaging to us on the rebound.

Thats the beauty of having paddy, each week we should have a third mobile tall that most teams just dont have a third tall big enough to compete in the air with them. Now having butch in the team if he gets off the leash then they swap and it allows schulz/ryder/westhoff to have a turn on the undersized defender

Thats the beauty of having paddy, each week we should have a third mobile tall that most teams just dont have a third tall big enough to compete in the air with them

Some don't have two. Not naming names.

You'll have to start a Sam Gray fan club or something. I miss my identity as the 'Hitchcock isn't a total spud you guys' poster. I can only piggyback off of 'I loved Tom Jonas before it was cool' for so long.
Yeah, but you balanced it out with your opinionated nature in regard to Schulz 2010. Ying and yang

Was thinking Ibbotson until I saw butch had 10cm on him. Don't get me wrong, if they want to put a bloke with a height difference on an overhead marking forward, I'm okay with it.

Johnson is a good playmaker back there and if he beats butch, he'll be damaging to us on the rebound.

Cant under estimate ibbotson though, hes not a bad player. westhoff had a lot more centimetres on him but ibbotson still did a good job in last years semi before doing his shoulder.

Just going by the fact that when they were a tall defender short against us in the Semi Final, Ibbotson got the job on Westhoff and Dawson on Schulz.
I assume it will be McPharlin on Schulz, Johnson on Westhoff, Ibbotson on Butcher this time around.

How long did it take Lobbster to crack it?

Talls take time especially talls with hip problems...

6 years sounds bad in say comparison to Ollie Wines but for talls its not as bad
The post you quoted wasn't a dig at how many seasons he's played, Brock was actually correcting my mistake of saying it was Butch's 5th season in an article I wrote.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope it's Johnson because his positioning and run from the backline is very important to Freo. Butch can make him accountable and play a strong defensive game on him with hard chasing and tackling.
I thought the same thing ford is it just me or is Johnson when actually held to account not that great a defender?

So excited for him to play and hopefully does well. However, will be a downer in a way if he does play as it will mean ryder and monfries will almost certainly not be playing.

Ken and Burgo need to sign off on Paddy first but Kens got a headache. I would still try and find a place for Butch.

Now does Butcher play?
Not sure considering the Dockers lack of fit talls.
Selectors go back to the drawing board.

I'd name him an emergency.
If Trengove is not 100% then Butch plays and Hoff spends a lot more time roaming down back.

Running them down if the ball gets out the back is the worry. If we think we can cover that maybe we can go the extra tall?

would love for the butch to play for his confidence , but now who would you leave out

Chase down tackles are one of Butch's strong points... he has speed to burn!!!

As i said.
FF: Wingard Butcher Monfries
HF: Gray Schulz White
C: Westhoff Ebert Ryder

somehow i dont think a winger was what we needed to recruit. He is going to be getting in lace out from polec running out of the square. butcher is going to have to really earn his call up. But id say its more likely to come at the expense of sarge needing a rest from a head knock than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back