Opinion Butcher

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Port - 3.3.21
Collingwood - 23.21.159

if you didnt sit through the whole game then you missed out

To tie back to Butcher, it was 2 weeks and 41 goals to 6 later that Butch embarked on his goal kicking spree of 6 that guaranteed 5 more years on a list.

I left the dour game in 2010 (?) Where a winless richmond flogged us at AAMI in I beleive a milestone/celebratory game.
That was like our 140th year anniversary or something strange like that.

That was the worst weather at any AFL game I have ever been at.

Didn't leave, but I sat there with my arms cross sulking the entire time

See, Butcher is just your classic Port Adelaide story, or could be if he gets his s**t together.

That's why we love him, he embodies so much of the club - when we have been at our worst, we have been disgustingly bad and embarrassing.

But we've always risen from the ashes, and we all expect, or want, Butcher to do the same. Because that's the Port Adelaide way.

If Butcher does finally ascend and become the brilliant player we all know he can be, it would just about be the most Port Adelaide thing that has ever happened.

Snap.

Was also at that bloody Collingwood game.

We really Butchered a few seasons there :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it a mark of Butcher's "greatness" that this thread still has regular postings and appears at the top of the active threads page, even in trade week after he has been newly contracted?
I keep checking it in case he's been traded, fingers crossed

I helped out with the outer army bbq that game. Was coming in sideways.

I helped out with the outer army bbq that game. Was coming in sideways.
I was trying to remember if that was the one where it poured all game, your post seems to confirm it was. The ground was flooded* and quite unfairly I think it cost the groundskeeper his job. It was like a cold monsoon.

* really hard to do because AAMI slopes up towards the centre.

I was trying to remember if that was the one where it poured all game, your post seems to confirm it was. The ground was flooded* and quite unfairly I think it cost the groundskeeper his job. It was like a cold monsoon.

* really hard to do because AAMI slopes up towards the centre.
Made harder by there being a state game on before the main game.
All the players used the flags as umbrellas :).

Crowd of about 12000 I believe, and that seems to be made up of those of us sat here :).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port - 3.3.21
Collingwood - 23.21.159

I recorded a couple of those games but still watched after I got home even though I knew the scores.

But I cannot be honest and say that I didn't have a couple of nanna naps here and there whilst watching them. :D

Of the three goals we kicked in that game, two came from Mitch Banner, the other from Daniel Stewart.

Dark days.

Of the three goals we kicked in that game, two came from Mitch Banner, the other from Daniel Stewart.

Dark days.

I remember the crowd cheering when we scored our first behind.

My pre-game prediction before that Collingwood game did not really come to fruition. "Atleast this pouring rain and crap weather will keep the game nice and close"

Port - 3.3.21
Collingwood - 23.21.159
if you didn't sit through the whole game then you missed out
If Travis Cloke, Alex Fasolo and Ben Johnson hadn't kicked 4.11 between them it would have been even worse. Boak had 31 touches and Pearce 26 but half the team was AWOL.
If we had kicked all goals and Collingwood all behinds we would still have lost. That was how bad that was. The next week was slightly better? If we had kicked all goals and Hawthorn all behinds we would have drawn.
I can only remember one game that I saw before where the score was that lopsided. It was South 1.4 who lost to Sturt 14.24 at Unley in 1973.

The Richmond Monsoon was ****ed.

We had a chance to get our season back on track against a hapless, winless Richmond side who we'd have beaten in a canter in normal heavy rain. But it was something else that day, i've never been to another game that even approached it. It was barely football and nobody seemed to have any idea how to deal with the conditions except Jack Riewoldt.

Port - 3.3.21
Collingwood - 23.21.159

Ah well, at least the only way is up, right?!

Nek minnit

444999-power.jpg

We made Ben Nason look like prime Nathan Brown ffs

We made Ben Nason look like prime Nathan Brown ffs
You made me look like BWST...........i'm off for a pork roll and gravey. With gravey, and Whyalla, fish crabs and all that s**t. We arent Malle Park by a long shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back