Opinion Butcher

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeping an eye on what happens with Butch this year. If, as some (including me) would like to see he is beefed up and given an occasional run in ruck and a rest in the forward lines then he could make this his year. The Westhoff and Trengove experiments have been tried and found lacking, Billy Frampton is too green and Butch, apart from his crashing packs is not the deadly weapon that we hoped for up forward. If he can give first taste of the footy to our midfield or at the worst keep it out of opposition control he would be contributing.

Okay so just for the record John Butcher impressed people with his increased size at the Family Day internal trial, and his kicking showed definite signs of improvement.

Amirite?

#keepplayingbutcher
Yes you are, his reading of the flight was better and he just seemed more mature .

Okay so just for the record John Butcher impressed people with his increased size at the Family Day internal trial, and his kicking showed definite signs of improvement.

Amirite?

#keepplayingbutcher
He kicked a goal at the northern end without touching the ball in the 1st Qtr. Had a shot from about 30 out in the 3rd
that barely suck in for a point so on that front (goal kicking) jury's still out :(.
His field kicking on the other hand was more than passable and at times very good !!!!
Like a golfer who has the yips why keep handing him the putter (goal kicking).
His fitness,marking,defence and 2nd efforts are bloody good. He's tall, quick and strong. Lets use these talents instead.
In the 3rd Qtr Butch was open 15m from goal slight angle and guess what gets burn't and a rushed point results.
This scenario is happening to Butch more and more and it's costing us bigtime.
Giving Butch another yr on the list to keep a failed strategy going is weird.
Come on Port stop being dumb and cruel and use what John does have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He kicked a goal at the northern end without touching the ball in the 1st Qtr. Had a shot from about 30 out in the 3rd
that barely suck in for a point so on that front (goal kicking) jury's still out
:(.
His field kicking on the other hand was more than passable and at times very good !!!!
Like a golfer who has the yips why keep handing him the putter (goal kicking).
His fitness,marking,defence and 2nd efforts are bloody good. He's tall, quick and strong. Lets use these talents instead.
In the 3rd Qtr Butch was open 15m from goal slight angle and guess what gets burn't and a rushed point results.
This scenario is happening to Butch more and more and it's costing us bigtime.
Giving Butch another yr on the list to keep a failed strategy going is weird.
Come on Port stop being dumb and cruel and use what John does have.

But last year it would have hit he Alan Scott HQ, or not made the distance, so he is improving :rolleyes:

Expecting our man to be in the goals today. Go get 'em Butch.

334405-341e6c4e-d1dc-11e3-8e96-6a6704b39a47.jpg

As part of my John Butcher Buddy experience I'm growing a John Butcher Tribute Beard. Going to take a bit of catching up, and there's too many grey hairs but still you can't do too much for the Big Fella! :thumbsu:

#keepplayingbutcher
Great idea. Since I've got hammer I'm going buy some dumbbells

Played on Heath Grundy, one of the better defenders in the league and certainly not someone he would draw if Schulz and/or Dixon were playing. Average delivery with literally every starting midfielder plus Wingard out of the team. Give him another shot against the Dees and Tiges.

Played on Heath Grundy, one of the better defenders in the league and certainly not someone he would draw if Schulz and/or Dixon were playing. Average delivery with literally every starting midfielder plus Wingard out of the team. Give him another shot against the Dees and Tiges.

Considering Ryder and Dixon are not there, Butch probs will play next week with Schulz and Hoff.

Its gonna be a long year for the Butch. He is back up and fair enough you cant expect him to dominate but when we had the beeeze we got plenty of inside 50 and he should have made better position. A couple of times he forgot which foot his team mates kick with and lead the wrong way for both a left footer and right footer passing to him in the 3rd quarter. And that kick with a wet ball and set shot in the last quarter. I hope he doesn't bloody kick like that when the ball is dry - which he has done in the past.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back