Opinion Butcher

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is when he plays AFL he looks like an SANFL player.
He can look unconfident, especially this year. But that's a recent thing. A few years ago and pre-injury he was easily feeling at home in the AFL. I think it's fair to say Butch is a player whose game is hugely affected by his mojo so seeing him fired up last Sunday is very promising.

I want to see Butcher angry.

angry-butcher.jpg

Thats the thing that makes me laugh, we throw Trengove forward who is a backman nothing more, hasnt kicked any goals yet? and spent plenty of time up there. But we leave real forwards in the sanfl
This!! He is a liability in the forward line, the difference is though, that we can move him back whenever needed, we cant do that with Butcher.

I think people keep forgetting that Butch is coming off double hip surgery. For mine, it is not if he will make it but when.

..... fear or anger?.

069954-john-butcher.jpg
Either way according to a comedian I heard a few years back he is showing 1 of the 3 emotions men need to get through life. The missing one is lust.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For mine Butcher shouldn't be playing AFL until he has that look of wanting the ball to come in his direction. At the moment when he lines up for a shot you get the impression if he could get somebody else to take the kick for him he would. He needs to get some real hunger to want the ball in his hands. He doesn't have that.

Nobody remembers Butcher played against the Bulldogs last year and had 7 disposals for 1 goal. It's not all been 6 goal hauls.

Garry Hocking reviews the form of his Magpies following their tough slog against Woodville-West Torrens in the wet...

John Butcher Started the game really well and was on the end of a very fortunate free kick at the first centre bounce. Kicked truly and he looked to be up and about early and really into the game. Butch worked really well with Shaw and Harvey and it looks like there is now some great chemistry between them all.

From going to the game, I saw Butch constantly directing traffic to the younger key forwards in Shaw and Harvey. He also took 4 contested marks, worked incredibly hard defensively and he was the first to fly the flag where necessary, as has already been posted in other places on this board. I know that his raw stats weren't any better than they've been recently, but his general attitude and the leadership he showed on the field was the best I've seen from him all year. It seemed like he had his confidence back for the first time since 2012.

Pretty certain we pushed to hard early without getting the appropriate foundation under him this season. Port would have to be comfortable with the effort they are seeing from Butch now. Will still be interested if they just hold him back until he does one more preseason though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back