Play Nice Bye bye Brad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why stats are so often abused.

They're a selective measure used to try and measure performance but in isolation can be very misleading.

The table you posted is very interesting as it supports the notion that sometimes our eyes tell us there's more going on than is currently being measured.

But I doubt many of us needed a table of cross-referenced stats to tell us Brent Harvey is a very damaging player and Sam Gibson on average is not.
Gibbo gets the ball in the back half a lot as he runs to provide an option. It's no surprise guys getting the ball inside 50 are going to be more damaging.

Anyway, back on topic....Sack Scotts.

Rory Sloane the most damaging player in footy?

Quality player but very much 'hmmmm' on that one.......

The rest of the players on both lists seems a fair reflection as a general guide though.

As for Scott, some of our arguments are not relevant anymore as we all know he will be extended, so it's just the term to discuss.

My view;
1 - with performance triggers - probably ok.
2 - generous (again)
3 - ridiculous and unnecessary
4+ - lets not go there

Just to fuel the fire.

Senior coach: Brad Scott
Season: Seventh
Games coached: 135
Record: 74 wins, 61 losses, 0 draws
Biggest challenge this pre-season: After North missed out on big-name trade targets Adam Treloar, Hamish Hartlett and Jeremy Howe, Scott needs to find organic improvement in the Roos' list for them to improve on their two consecutive preliminary final appearances.
Contracted until: October 31, 2016, but Scott is expected to sign an extension before the start of next season.
Arrivals: Brad Green, David Loader
Departures: Shane Watson

As Scott strives to extract more from his list, two of his biggest priorities will be nursing midfielder star Daniel Wells back to full fitness and helping Aaron Black rediscover the form and confidence that made him an exciting forward prospect in 2013. Long-serving assistant coach Darren Crocker has been promoted to director of coaching, while development coach Jarred Moore steps up to become one of Scott's assistants and will focus on the Roos' stoppage work and midfield group. Former North Ballarat Rebels coach David Loader has replaced Moore in North's development coaching team. After three years as an assistant coach at Carlton, Brad Greenjoins North as backline coach, while former backline coach Josh Drummond will now oversee the midfield and former midfield coach Leigh Tudor will oversee the forward line. – Nick Bowen

LOL at Jeremy Howe being a "big name" we missed on...

He'd be fringe best 22 for us when at full strength, he is a depth player who takes hangers.

Another LOL at missing out on Hartlett who resigned with Port, so errr....... o_O

This must be a HUN report, it's the only explanation

He'd be fringe best 22 for us when at full strength, he is a depth player who takes hangers.

Another LOL at missing out on Hartlett who resigned with Port, so errr....... o_O

I'm not sure how we're going to cope without a bloke who takes good hangers and does little else or a midfielder who re-signed with their long term club.

actually came from Nick Bowen

I'm not sure how we're going to cope without a bloke who takes good hangers and does little else or a midfielder who re-signed with their long term club.

Or the other midfielder who signed with the biggest club in the land with his gf getting a nice job on the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good f***ing riddance to the Bye Bye Brad thread which can officially die the death it deserves. May you never rest in peace. May 2013 - November 2015.

I've said it about 10 times and I'll say it again, this thread needs to die the horrible, painful death it deserves!

Good f***ing riddance to the Bye Bye Brad thread which can officially die the death it deserves. May you never rest in peace. May 2013 - November 2015.

Why do you keep bumping this thread if you want it to disappear?

JohnnieCochran.gif

Why do you keep bumping this thread if you want it to disappear?

JohnnieCochran.gif
You seemed to have a vested interest if you keep quoting me. I just want to make sure everyone knows that this thread and it's op can now * right off!

3902703-9409889495-Popco.gif

Last edited:
You seemed to have a vested interest if you keep quoting me. I just want to make sure everyone knows that this thread and it's op can now glory be right off!
"Keep" quoting you? I think that's the first time I have ever responded to one of your posts. As for a vested interest, well,.......no.
Why would I have a vested interest in responding to a poster who has bumped a thread that for 2 weeks had not bothered the scorers, so to speak?

What would be the motivation? If I wanted to comment on the contract renewal I would have done so in the dedicated thread.

Just as an aside, if you wanted to truly let this "die the death it deserves", then bumping it repeatedly isn't the way to go about it. Or if you're shouting to the clouds to have either Twinkletoes or one of the other mods lock it up, then bitching in here probably won't get you a very warm reception there either. Maybe a p.m or twenty might get the job done, who knows? They are all pretty reasonable guys that would welcome your beef ;)

You seem like a passionate kid and that's great, but trolling your own board is pretty poor form. We get enough of that s**t from outsiders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back