List Mgmt. Bytel, Connolly, Peris, Adams delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Bytel lost me when Owens and Windhager flew past him as first year players.

Bit flat about Connolly and Peris but that’s footy. All the best to them.

While it is important to update our list every year, we must remember the delisted players are people and would be feeling low and a bit dejected with their boyhood dream taken from them.

So while as supporters we want new blood and improve our list, just pause and think of the player as a person before indulging in delight or personal abuse.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Who are you and what have you done to Joffaboy?

Second wave coming post trade period. Allison Highmore DMac Paton all dangling
Ideally we'd have at least 10-12 gone if we're serious about flushing out deadwood.

This is just the first wave; the absolutes if you prefer to think of it that way.

Last edited:
I'm very surprised to see Peris, Bytel and Adams go before Highmore, McKenzie and Allison (yes I know he's contracted but he's poor even at VFL level after 3 years in the system). I'm guessing they're counting on bringing Dow in to take Bytel's spot on the list. Seems Mckenzie has taken Hanners' permanent spot in the rehab room

I think the major issue with Peris is that he isn't a long kick. If you can't kick it very far it is a massive limitation in modern day footy.

Bytels issue is he can only play one position and it's where the best players play.

Thanks to all four and good luck wherever they land next.

thought essendon had interest in bytel recently,maybe could have got a 3rd or 4th for him,peris a surprise,given one game and seemed to go well at sandy,connolly finally & along with alison i know nothing of adams,so glad thats clarified

we should be savage after that finals loss,no bs sentiment & i guess we have to trust in RTB

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel nothing.
revenge of the sith episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

Just like the eventual delisting of Markworth, Wright, Saunders, Dunstan...etc

Hurts but you know in the end it's the right call.

Tend to disagree about Dunstan, he was AFL standard and was just awarded into the VFL team of the year again. I understand why he can't break into the Melbourne midfield as there is just no spot for him. You never know with Brayshaw going down he may get in for the next final.

If Luke was still with us, I expect he would be in our best 22 and still playing.

Unfortunately Luke got caught up in the poor coaching and development of our players. Thankfully those times are over.

Tend to disagree about Dunstan, he was AFL standard and was just awarded into the VFL team of the year again. I understand why he can't break into the Melbourne midfield as there is just no spot for him. You never know with Brayshaw going down he may get in for the next final.

If Luke was still with us, I expect he would be in our best 22 and still playing.

Unfortunately Luke got caught up in the poor coaching and development of our players. Thankfully those times are over.
Pretty sure he did his knee.

Stupid decision by the selection panel to mark his cards and leave him out towards the end of the season.

Same with Howard last week.

No place for stubborness and inflexibility.

Second wave coming post trade period. Allison Highmore DMac Paton all dangling

Allison and Paton have contracts and clubs rarely delist contracted players. DMac is an interesting one. You'd think the unsentimental Lyon would cull him to free up a spot.

I thought that they were about to offer Byrnes and extension about mid year but nothing eventuated. Same with Stocker. Maybe the brutality is just about to start. Could Lyon be really ruthless and see if we can off load them and then if not, cull them if they find better alternatives?

Some really interesting list build moves coming up.

Sliding doors, he looks the type that Lyon would like as person who likes endeavour over skills. He was actually a pretty good spread runner towards the end which was one of his issues early on. Anyway someone said his knee went so I think he'll be off looking for job next year.

Maybe just wanted to reward his form and effort at Sandy and if it was a one off - they gave him one at least.
He can join the Sam Rowe All Stars. Be interesting for someone with the time and inclination to make a team of Saints who only played one game before being told, thanks but no thanks. Maybe you could loosen the criteria a little to 2 or 3 games to accommodate the likes of Clav.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back