List Mgmt. Bytel, Connolly, Peris, Adams delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

He can join the Sam Rowe All Stars. Be interesting for someone with the time and inclination to make a team of Saints who only played one game before being told, thanks but no thanks. Maybe you could loosen the criteria a little to 2 or 3 games to accommodate the likes of Clav.
Chris McAsey is in that team too.

I think Peris may have suffered because he was rookie listed, and the crunch was coming (to promote him to the senior list). I think the brains trust made up their mind on Adams. The others were obvious all things being considered.

I think Peris may have suffered because he was rookie listed, and the crunch was coming (to promote him to the senior list). I think the brains trust made up their mind on Adams. The others were obvious all things being considered.

He was 6th in the Sandy B and F. Must have done something right. Obviously they are backing in VanEs.

Peris was a highly speculative project player who was hoping to compete at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic games, had a mother with connections, AFL was a supplementary idea after athletics, he was lucky to get a game of AFL.

I think the major issue with Peris is that he isn't a long kick. If you can't kick it very far it is a massive limitation in modern day footy.

Bytels issue is he can only play one position and it's where the best players play.

Thanks to all four and good luck wherever they land next.
Doubt the kicking is anything to do with Peris getting the chop as Byrnes needs a cyclone up his ass to kick it 45mtrs

He is Cat B listed Rookie.

You are allowed 3 Cat B Rookies.

I think we only had two Cat B Rookies for this season. Peris and McLennan.

We have now signed a new Irish player as a Cat B for next year.

McLennan has shown enough promise to keep for 2024.

So it is is likely the Club have another Cat B Rookie in mind, and that they deemed Peris not worthy enough to keep in another category.

No word on Sharman yet ? 🐐

I was wrong Jims, I actually now think he is capable of overtaking King.

lawnmower havoc GIF

I thought he had another year as cat B?

He is Cat B listed Rookie.

You are allowed 3 Cat B Rookies.

I think we only had two Cat B Rookies for this season. Peris and McLennan.

We have now signed a new Irish player as a Cat B for next year.

McLennan has shown enough promise to keep for 2024.

So it is is likely the Club have another Cat B Rookie in mind, and that they deemed Peris not worthy enough to keep in another category.

Maximum of two category B rookies for each club. The standard Rookie contract length is one year so Peris could’ve remained as a cat B rookie for another two years. However, we’ve signed the Irish kid, who will be a cat B rookie, and McLennan will probably get another year (although they might transfer him to a cat A rookie to allow us to sign another NGA graduate).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While it is important to update our list every year, we must remember the delisted players are people and would be feeling low and a bit dejected with their boyhood dream taken from them.

So while as supporters we want new blood and improve our list, just pause and think of the player as a person before indulging in delight or personal abuse.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Its the hardest part of a coaches job to tell them thier time is done rookie or veteran

Can anyone confirm Zak Jones contract status? I think he's OOC at the end of 2023. Surely would be in the basket of players the club would be looking to move on. Like DMac, he just can't stay on the park. Another Sydney offload who's spent more time in rehab than playing. Along with the guys already delisted, for mine Billings, Jones and Dmac are possibilities to go.

Can anyone confirm Zak Jones contract status? I think he's OOC at the end of 2023. Surely would be in the basket of players the club would be looking to move on. Like DMac, he just can't stay on the park. Another Sydney offload who's spent more time in rehab than playing. Along with the guys already delisted, for mine Billings, Jones and Dmac are possibilities to go.

Jones, Highmore, Byrnes, Coff, Stocker, Clark, Dmac and Campbell all run out this year. The others that ran out have already been booted, ie those named in thread title.

Unless Hotton is ready to go I think we 1 year Jones or Dmac for cover in "burst" instances if Greshs body fails again or we prefer him elsewhere or he goes.

See below. FWIW we've carried too many perpetually injured blokes for years now. Might have to be ruthless with Jones, D - Mac and Billings. Coff and Hayes worth giving a little more time with their upside.

St Kilda OOC
Daniel McKenzie UFA
Hunter Clark NFA
Jade Gresham RFA
Jimmy Webster UFA
Liam Stocker UFA
Nicholas Coffield NFA
Ryan Byrnes NFA
Tom Campbell UFA
Tom Highmore NFA
Zak Jones NFA

Already gone
Jack Bytel NFA
Jack Peris NFA
Leo Connolly NFA
Oscar Adams NFA

I wonder if any of the delisted players will get an opportunity at other clubs?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back