Cabinet Shuffle - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Super is but one example. There were plenty of others and opposition mostly came from the right. Did you miss the Australian's shrill cries

A lone voice of sanity in a sea of misology.

Australia has always had a decent sheep herd.

My favorite part of the reshuffle was replacing Johnston for being incompetent with Kevin Andrews.

Last edited:

I was going to steer clear of this thread cos I sorta knew the direction it was going to take, but the hate for Morrison is somewhat hard to comprehend.

One of the Govt's platforms at the election was to stop the flow of boat people, including stopping the boats. Key here being what the Govt was elected on.

The Minister was given this task and achieved it quickly and really in a most competent manner.

There is a reshuffle and the Minister moves to another portfolio to achieve other Govt aims (broadly to reduce the outrageous spending)

Just been sworn in and is being bagged. Its like people don't like a competent Minister. I guess everybody needs a hobby horse.

Bring back the handbag hit squad :)

The point is not that the government has been successful in stopping the boats, it's in the manner that they've gone about achieving that end. Their strategy:
- is not accountable to the public since its shrouded in secrecy
- aspects of it are probably illegal under international law
- to deter people by setting up a cruel and inhumane system; and
- is narrow minded in the sense that stopping the boats coming to Australia has done nothing to address the broader regional issue of people seeking asylum.

I think the libs have over committed on this issue and whilst they've upheld their election promise to the electorate it may be a bit of a Pyrrhic victory as many voters in the middle should be disgusted by the means with which they've pursued their goals. Sending people back to countries they are fleeing from is not the way a rich first world country should conduct business imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back