Multiplat Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Not enjoying it at all. So very very frustrating at the moment, will give it time to see if it gets better but overall not impressed.

d0gs I don't like it!

How is that even possible, surely you like it?!

Changed my mind on the connections. Never got better than 3 bars with often dropping to 2 tonight :( shithouse

I killed him. Do you want to know what happens, or are you going to go through it again?
What happens if you let him live? I couldn't bring myself to do it, he had to die! :D
As for the Avenged Sevenfold bit... who knows. It was weird :p
Can't be arsed going through it again, keen to know!

He gets taken into custory, says he will be seen one year from now, breaks out, kills Frank Woods by slitting his throat. It turns out his sister didn't die in the fire, she was just horrifically burned. He goes on to dig up her grave and burn himself alive while standing over her.

Can't be arsed going through it again, keen to know!

He gets taken into custory, says he will be seen one year from now, breaks out, kills Frank Woods by slitting his throat. It turns out his sister didn't die in the fire, she was just horrifically burned. He goes on to dig up her grave and burn himself alive while standing over her.
Wow, that's much more exciting than what I got. You shoot him in the head and he gets taken away in a body bag. Then a youtube video activates, saying that upon his assassination, it will all go into action.
Then it's just David Mason talking to Woods at his dad's grave.

2b59b9252d288fc98431661a6e751fdc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This game leaves me shaking my head.

Maybe i always had the better connection in MW3 but i reckon ive lost more 1v1s in an hour and a half playing this than i did in the previous month playing mw3.

my assumption is that it's due to most of the other people who were struggling in the past with bs connections now feeling like it's a legitimate playing field and winning now when they were getting robbed in the past (hence you losing out more often).....

i'm winning 80-90 odd percent of my one on ones now i'd say (strictly speaking running towards each other in open 1v1).
the OVERWHELMING majority of my deaths are from campers/headglitchers while i'm going for an objective. :thumbsdown:

in mw3 i'd say i'd be lucky to have a one on one win percentage of 20% which is an absolute joke.

when/if the freezing/connection error plug problems go i can safely have this sitting as my second fav cod of all time.

game is awesome.

also i agree completely with the kill conirmed tag bing confirmed by a teammate...bloody frustrating having other teammates i just saved from dying pick up 100 points when i get stuck with 25 when i'm in the clear running to grab it.
it is helping people cap the tags imo but it's a touch frustrating.

also the hardpoint problem i really hope gets fixed.
i mean i'm still generally staying in the hardpoint area but they really need to alter the scoring on it when you're inside a hardpoint.
the way it's currently structured isn't strong enough to make ppl NEED to cap the objective.
needs to take a leaf out of dropzones book in mw3...even if it's just 5 points a second or something for being inside the objective it would make it more worthwhile.

my assumption is that it's due to most of the other people who were struggling in the past with bs connections now feeling like it's a legitimate playing field and winning now when they were getting robbed in the past (hence you losing out more often).....

i'm winning 80-90 odd percent of my one on ones now i'd say (strictly speaking running towards each other in open 1v1).
the OVERWHELMING majority of my deaths are from campers/headglitchers while i'm going for an objective. :thumbsdown:

in mw3 i'd say i'd be lucky to have a one on one win percentage of 20% which is an absolute joke.

when/if the freezing/connection error plug problems go i can safely have this sitting as my second fav cod of all time.

game is awesome.
I think you're assuming a little much just based on your own experience with connection. From what it seems around here, most are getting the same sort of inconsistent stuff as MW3. Personally, I got that for the majority of the first night (inconsistent bullshit that is). It cleaned up somewhat tonight and allowed me to play a lot better, but I still got massive swings in matches where the connection felt garbage and then turned halfway through.

One of the 4 matches in a row on Raid tonight, I think the first one it might've been. I couldn't drop anyone, then I literally felt where it had clicked into gear and everyone would drop almost instantly.

The connection is the same as MW3 for mine. Still VERY inconsistent.

Why did they do the same thing as mw3 and change the host after every match? at least I think they do... annoying when I am host one match and the connection is great, then the next match I am not host anymore and I can't drop a guy who went 2-16 the game before.

Have accepted all of the cover they have put in the maps and put it to full use tonight, and had a few great games.

Also, good tip, started using the black hat tonight and realised that it can take down uav's. It's on all my classes now.

Is being host an advantage or disadvantage?

The killstreaks in this game are crazy, if you thought mw3 had overpowered killstreaks then you are in for a rude awakening. Both the lightning strike and hellstorm missiles are almost triple kills waiting to happen.

Massive, massive advantage.

Starting to warm to some of the maps a little more now. Although tonight I played on the two maps about 10 times over, one by chance it popped up 4 times in a row in GW and the other through the party games playing just Hijacked over and over.

But both Raid and Hijacked are pretty good maps. I rate Raid as probably the best map in the game as it stands. Purely and simply because it has the least clutter, the least 2nd/3rd story buildings and indoor areas and is for the most part a 3 lane map. Hijacked I think most people are going to just like because it's a small map so the action is frequent, but it still suffers from a heap of the problems the rest of the bad maps do. Heaps of head glitching spots (looking at you balconies and one end of the boat) and it also just has far too many areas that either go unused or just aren't needed.

I was saying this earlier to Alex about the maps, but I'd just like some more simplicity to them. Every map seems like it just has way too much happening, way too many cut off areas, way too many lanes, etc. etc. Just get something similar to a Summit or Firing Range with 3 distinct lanes, with about 2-3 joining areas between them and I would be much happier about the maps.

That's why Drone is so dreadful, because there's literally 100 different areas that anyone could be coming out of at any point in the match and it leads to far too many 'from behind' kills against you (or for you I guess). Yemen fits into this category as well.

I think you're assuming a little much just based on your own experience with connection.

if somebody like me who has had nothing but troubles with my gaming connections now for years can suddenly feel closer to parity winning majority of one on ones then i feel it's pretty safe to assume that those who felt little/no lag in mw3 is def losing that advantage they once felt and being brought closer to reality by having the players with near no hope of beating them before now be able to compete properly and even win if they have the superior gunplay.

i had near no chance before (on mw3) being the same level player as i am now where i can win almost all.....there has to be a balancing act working somewhere and i dare-say the "lag" that a lot of the high k/d players from mw3 are feeling is actually just the loss of advantage they may have been feeling.

i'm not saying there is no problems like in mw3 as i've had the ODD occasions of it myself but to me this series once again feels "fair".

like i said....it's all just an assumption anyways.
and to me there has to be a bit of a balancing act going on.

if somebody like me who has had nothing but troubles with my gaming connections now for years can suddenly feel closer to parity winning majority of one on ones then i feel it's pretty safe to assume that those who felt little/no lag in mw3 is def losing that advantage they once felt and being brought closer to reality by having the players with near no hope of beating them before now be able to compete properly and even win if they have the superior gunplay.

i had near no chance before (on mw3) being the same level player as i am now where i can win almost all.....there has to be a balancing act working somewhere and i dare-say the "lag" that a lot of the high k/d players from mw3 are feeling is actually just the loss of advantage they may have been feeling.

So the players who had a high kd and did well in mw3 was because they had an advantage and now because youre the one winning most of your gunfights the connections must be fair? not hating but thats a bit of an arrogant assumption, the connection is working well for you and thats great, but that doesnt mean that applies to everyone, im being 1-2 bullet killed regularly / even while i have the jump on someone and getting bullets on target first im still losing 1v1 gunfights, not to mention dying to people who are literally not on my screen at all

Not saying it as if i had a great connection in mw3 anyway, im certainly not one of the people who had "little/no lag in mw3", but on behalf of the people struggling in BO2 its certainly not an even playing field right now

The killstreaks in this game are crazy, if you thought mw3 had overpowered killstreaks then you are in for a rude awakening. Both the lightning strike and hellstorm missiles are almost triple kills waiting to happen.
poeple just like to complain, mw3 killstreaks were average imo, not only did you have spawn protection, but it was insanely easy to shoot them down, blind eye pro + stringer = instant lock on, gimme chopper gunner and dogs over anything in mw3.
Agree with the lightning strike, its super strong, ive had so many multi kills with it already, the killstreaks NEED to be strong in this game though, they are super hard to get, im pretty happy with how its balanced so far

Remove this Banner Ad

Back