Multiplat Call of Duty: Ghosts

Remove this Banner Ad

Was comparing them on the same sales period (first 8 weeks).

MW3 did 12 million on 360, 10 million on PS3.

Blops 2 did 10 million on 360, 8 million on PS3.

The numbers are basically tracking the same in terms of growth, only with a drop of 4 million units overall.

As long as they keep on selling they will always be making the game. Good luck to those who are yet to realise that it's pretty much the same game over the last 3 or so installments.

h1TE9dD.jpg

https://profile.callofduty.com/blackops2phantom/redeemCode

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...paign=Buffer%3A%2Bgameinformer%2Bon%2Btwitter

CallOfDutyGhostsConf610.jpg

Try not to act surprised, but a new Call of Duty game has been announced. The box art leak weshared last week has turned out to be correct, and the full title is Call of Duty: Ghosts.
Not much else is known right now, but we can piece together a few details based on the cover art, the name, and Activision's track record with the series. The figure shown on the front of box seems to have a mask similar to that of Modern Warfare 2's character Lieutenant Simon "Ghost" Riley.
Ghost was killed in action, but not before building a following thanks to a starring role in a limited-run comic series. It could be that Infinity Ward will wind the clock back to put the hero front and center in this year's installment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Call of Duty: Ghosts will contain an all-new story, all-new characters, and “an all-new Call of Duty world,” powered by a next generation Call of Duty engine. The firm called this a “leap forward for the franchise.”
“Everyone was expecting us to make Modern Warfare 4, which would have been the safe thing to do. But we’re not resting on our laurels,” said Mark Rubin, executive producer of developer Infinity Ward.
“We saw the console transition as the perfect opportunity to start a new chapter for Call of Duty. So we’re building a new sub-brand, a new engine, and a lot of new ideas and experiences for our players. We can’t wait to share them with our community.”
It has been confirmed for next-gen Xbox as it will be shown during the reveal of the console on May 21.
“We are consistently thrilled with the overwhelming response received from critics and consumers alike to the Call of Duty series, which has firmly established its home on the Xbox 360 with the game’s largest and most engaged community,” said Don Mattrick, president of the interactive entertainment business at Microsoft.
“With Call of Duty: Ghosts, we have no doubt that our longtime partners, Activision and Infinity Ward, will raise the bar higher than ever before for this incredible franchise.”
It will also be made available on other “next-generation” consoles, so this means PS4 as well. A Wii U version was not mentioned in the press release, but that doesn’t mean it’s not in the works through a different studio at Activision. It’s just not included as part of today’s announcement, so we’ll have to see.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/01/call-of-duty-ghosts-announced-teaser-released/

Looking good!

All this CoD stuff trending towards Microsoft might sway me to consider moving to the sexBox 1080 or whatever its called next gen.

One things certain, with the architecture of the PS4 being PC based and therefore developer friendly, surely they cant * up the coding for the PS4 port. I mean sure they're in the lower echelon of developers but they're not that incompetent to * up something this easy, right?

It's been a pretty viable strategy and will probably make it harder for PS4 to regain a stranglehold on America.

That says a lot about the current state of gaming when advertising a multi plat title on a particular system boosts said systems sales and popularity. doesn't surprise me though, this is 'merica we're talking about, they'll buy anything.

Squad based single player?

Silly grro, when has a CoD game ever been based on team work? ain't nobody got time for that. I dont think any boundaries will be pushed with the current formula, this'll be more of a graphical enhancement than previous titles.

Tell you one thing though, they'd want an interesting single player campaign this time around. MW3 was the worst campaign I've ever played in a shooter.

I will definitely buy this. I only get a CoD every second year (never liked the Treyarch games since CoD 3) so it will probably be a good 18 months since I've played a CoD when this releases. Plus CoD 2 was such an awesome game to get at launch for the 360, so may as well get Ghosts for the Nextbox.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back