Not-a-cluey Callan Ward

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I agreed for the most part with your post, you're just another blind supporter who's supporting another sub-par decision from your board.

There is nothing worse than a fan who can't acknowledge a s**t decision.

Evidently you're just another one of them.

Tom Lee is a ****in waste and a ****in spud.
I've never seen anyone try so hard to be the antagonist of Big Footy yet continue to fail so humorously.

After 2016 our list might be up to continuing the work set in place by the likes of C.Ward.
So in an effort to keep another future star at our academy, the move might be a win for us.

Last edited:

He's still only 25?!? Could have sworn he was older than that- he seems to have been around a long time.

Can't see him leaving the Giants, given his importance to them, plus I doubt he's on a pittance at GWS but as they say, everyone has their price... GWS included.

He's still only 25?!? Could have sworn he was older than that- he seems to have been around a long time.

Can't see him leaving the Giants, given his importance to them, plus I doubt he's on a pittance at GWS but as they say, everyone has their price... GWS included.
Always been a great player in some ordinary teams. kinda like how Nathan Jones age sneaks up on you

Callan ward. Nice. Although wouldnt they rather just rebuild?

Are people really having a dip at the saints recruiting?

We have nailed the last 4 drafts beyond belief.

Sept 2013 we looked like we should fold. No hope. Was going to be 10 years before even a finals chance... Fast forward to feb 2016 and with a little bit of luck (freeman) and more FAs a 2019 flag, not out of the question. Certainly 2019-2026 will be a very successful period. Considering where other teams will be in their phase.

Always been a great player in some ordinary teams. kinda like how Nathan Jones age sneaks up on you
Hardly.
Maybe at the Giants, but at the Bulldogs he played in a top 4 side for his first 3 years in the AFL for three straight prelims. Also played one of his best games as a dog during a hard fought final.

Played in a pretty handy midfield during his time at the dogs too.

While obviously no expert on the Saints , the last time i saw Lee in the seniors Richardson benched and green vested him half way through the 2nd quarter .
Hardly a ringing endorsement from the coach and id like a shade of odds that Jaksch plays more senior AFL than Lee does ...

But in which team? Jaksch may notch up 50 games for Carlton...

Doesnt mean much

Bret Thornton played nearly 200 games of AFL football... For Carlton

If he'd been at any other club he'd have struggled to play 100.

I don't think Lee is much good, but I think he's better than Jaksch, and combined w Wright and Saunders, it's definitely a superior package to Jaksch given where the list was at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember the Bulldogs making a point of staying on very good terms with Ward in the hope he'd come back home after getting a winning lottery ticket from GWS. Attended the B&F after he'd announced he'd leave and was clapped after receiving an award. No hard feelings.
Be great to get him back in the Red White and Blue where he belongs.

But in which team? Jaksch may notch up 50 games for Carlton...

Doesnt mean much

Bret Thornton played nearly 200 games of AFL football... For Carlton

If he'd been at any other club he'd have struggled to play 100.

I don't think Lee is much good, but I think he's better than Jaksch, and combined w Wright and Saunders, it's definitely a superior package to Jaksch given where the list was at.

Ian ,
Your club , for as long as it has existed , has set world benchmarks in failure .
There's nowhere to go with the likes of you , all the best mate ...

Ian ,
Your club , for as long as it has existed , has set world benchmarks in failure .
There's nowhere to go with the likes of you , all the best mate ...

Whatever your name is, the club I follow has had a far more glorious last 20 years than the club you follow.

If you want to play the card - "the club you follow is inferior to the club I follow", unfortunately you're a Carlton supporter and you can't win that argument with a Saints supporter unless we consider what is now becoming ancient history.

If you want to debate the topic of the thread, I'm very happy to.

But you'll need to stop you're childish, "Your club isn't as good as my club" intellectually fraudulent line of posting.

Furthermore, whatever your name is, I'd rather follow a club that loses honestly than one that wins dishonestly.

Whatever your name is, the club I follow has had a far more glorious last 20 years than the club you follow.

If you want to play the card - "the club you follow is inferior to the club I follow", unfortunately you're a Carlton supporter and you can't win that argument with a Saints supporter unless we consider what is now becoming ancient history.

If you want to debate the topic of the thread, I'm very happy to.

But you'll need to stop you're childish, "Your club isn't as good as my club" intellectually fraudulent line of posting.

How old are you Ian ?
I'm very fortunate to have seen my club win 5 premierships , i hope you get the same chance someday but id be pretty confident in saying that we'll beat you there again .
It's just the way it is ... good luck !!

You joking?

Ward is definitely worth pick 1 or 2.

Proven gun. Proven leader. Great inside God outside, he's Joel Selwood playing for a low profile side.
Could never have said it better myself. Ward is elite and one of the best in the game. I generally don't think Victorian bias is a thing but this might apply. Ward is a freak and has been for a long time. Easily worth a top pick, it isn't worth giving it up though in Carlton's view.

How old are you Ian ?
I'm very fortunate to have seen my club win 5 premierships , i hope you get the same chance someday but id be pretty confident in saying that we'll beat you there again .
It's just the way it is ... good luck !!

FMD, and I thought you were a 15 year old.

That's certainly how you come across.

Old enough Melbourne supporters will have fond memories of the 50s.

Doesn't mean much to that club now though, whatever your name is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back