Portfolio CaNNaVos Almost True Blue EPL 2013/14 - AFL Crossover + Lower English League Teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi. Welcome to.....

CaNNaVos Almost True Blue EPL 2013/14 - AFL Crossover

Bringing an AFL-esque taste to the EPL team names and jumpers
They will be true to each club with that AFL look and their view on colours

Simply request an english football team and I will AFL-ize it! That was terrible

NOTE: The pictures linked in each description might not work the 1st time. Simply click the address in the address bar then hit Enter and the picture should come up.

EPL 2013/14 Team List (Links included)
Arsenal Gunners
Aston Villa Lions
Cardiff Bluebirds
Chelsea Blues
Crystal Palace Eagles
Everton Toffees
Fulham Whites
Hull City Tigers

Liverpool Liverbirds
Manchester Sky Blues
Manchester Red Devils
Newcastle Magpies
Norwich Canaries
Southampton Saints

Stoke City Potters
Sunderland Black Cats
Swansea Swans

Tottenham Spurs
West Bromwich Throstles
West Ham Hammers
Logo Collage
Extras (Championship, League 1, League 2 etc.)
Accepting team requests from any English league under the EPL
QPR
Blackburn Rovers

Middlesbrough Boros
Nottingham Forests
Wycombe Two-Blues
MK Dons

Wimbledon Eagles
Walsall Swifts
Leeds Peacocks
Portsmouth Pompeys
Accrington Stanleys
Oldham Owls

Ebbsfleet Fleets
Leicester Foxes
Burnley Clarets
Plymouth Pilgrims
Midlothian Heart (Special Scottish League Request)

...You Choose...

Update 7/3/14
All descriptions for EPL teams added

Update 17/9/14
The season is back and so is this!
Adding descriptions to each team.

Enjoy! ;)

Last edited:
ARSENAL GUNNERS

Starting it off with Arsenal. Their recent incorporation of navy inspired a Bulldogs-like hoop design for the home kit. The away consists of Yellow and Blue which featured in past away kits and their current away kit in all its class. The heritage kit nods to their Farewell to Highbury kit which nods their 1st kit which was coloured redcurrant and the Yellow stripes were added for effect. All kits have Arsenals iconic cannon behind the neck
ARSENALall.png

Next: Aston Villa Lions

Last edited:
Liverpool should be just "Reds", Liverbirds if you're looking to retain the animal moniker with accuracy.

I did some mock ups of A-League badges in vain of the old generic VFA badges, pm if you want the template/ideas

ASTON VILLA LIONS

Right off the bat, the home jumper resembles the old Brisbane Lions jumper with checkerboard watermarks which featured on their 2012 home kit. The away resembles the home colours on a predominant white kit. The heritage is a nod to Villas 3rd ever kit which had and old Lion in red on a Black jumper. The ‘V’ was added for effect.
ASTONVILLAall.png

Next: Cardiff Bluebirds

Last edited:
Why not make a portfolio?

Thinking about it since I saw this section. I might get on it, they were just rough preliminaries with stock images (my drawing tablet is on the other side of the planet so my drawing capabilities are limited) and I'll have to refine them but yeah I might!

CARDIFF BLUEBIRDS

As of 2012, Cardiffs traditional Blue jersey was replaced by Red by the clubs Malaysian owners to expand and attract investment to prevent the club from going under. I kept their traditional predominant blue for the home kit with the Bluebird featured in their logo because the only time VFL/AFL clubs changed colours was for the introduction of Colour TV. The away features the Dragon of Wales with their now home colour Red. The heritage is a nod to Cardiffs 1st kit with a checkerboard effect under the name Riverside
CARDIFFall.png

Next: Chelsea Blues

Last edited:
CHELSEA BLUES

The home kit has a striking resemblence to Carltons kit, the striped watermarks added for that authentic look. The away is based off Chelseas away and 3rd kits from the last 10 years which mostly included Black or yellow. Before Chelsea wore their famous Blue, they started with a faded shade of green which I put more saturation in for the heritage kit. The pinstripes come from their 1st use of watermarking
CHELSEAall.png

Next: Crystal Palace Eagles

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
LIVERPOOL LIVERBIRDS

The famous reds sporting an all red home kit with yellow pinstripes and the liverbird across the sidepannel. The away nods to the 80s where yellow would be their away kit most of the time. The heritage is an eyesore if you’re used to seeing Liverpool in red. Liverpools 1st kit was half white and half blue which belonged to Everton before they left Anfield.
LIVERPOOLall.png
Next: Next person to reply with a team

Last edited:
Cardiff Bluebirds
Blue as home IMO
View attachment 24869

Next: Chelsea Blues

Cardiff dont wear their blue kit as their home kit anymore. They wear red kit as their home kit, a yellow kit as their away kit and a blue kit as their third kit. The blue kit would be their hertitage kit considering their wore it from 1908-2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back