• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

BlueTang

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Hi all,

Someone suggested making a thread for those wanting to find out podcast info, all the above are free and available on Apple podcasts or Spotify.

Feel free to add descriptions or thoughts on any of them, I’ve only listened to the top 4 listed, but generally enjoy the thoughtful discussions; better content then you would hear on most radio stations regarding the Blues.

One of the best, although not a weekly football focused podcast but more of a historical interview type is With All The Champions by Tony DeBolfo (club historian) and Howard Kotton. Been a little while since the last episodes but they're all a good listen as they interview a past player of the club.

Looking forward to when some of these put out episodes again, it is a bit disappointing none are covering the aflw season in any real detail, except the playermade podcast from the club:

Last edited:
Why Can't You Just Listen To Me?

images

thoughts on life & footy from thylacine60

I did listen to the one a few years back but Maher said some dumb s**t so I was stopped listening when it felt he going over the same repeated nonsense of his. I think they stopped making it not long after I left so maybe a lot of listeners stopped downloading around similar period.

As someone else said, in past I downloaded some of the historical downloads Tony De Bolfo (The Beast) did with Carlton players but for some reason they are hard to find so when I found it was more a fluke and lucky.

I need to read or watch my footy content.
For those listening in, require the
• main bullet points of the podcast
In summary
Thanks in advance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure whoever tackled Walsh listened to your podcast so we should all blame you for this travesty.
jks...

You aren’t the first to mention the fact we may have jinxed him :oops:…so b&f wide open?! :sweatsmile:

We promise not to even jokingly discuss injuries from now on 🤞

I find either they get way too tedious or too bloke-ish. I'll go to a Carlton pub and strike up a conversation if I'm looking for that.

Of course that's assuming they aren't completely full of themselves (on the podcast or at the pub).
It’s good you have that choice. I can’t go to the pub and most people I work with don’t care about football, especially Carlton.
The five or so I listen to I think are really good and I don’t think the people are too full of themselves. Although Andy Maher can be a little painful; on the radio or on the old podcast.
You should give some of these a try, you might be pleasantly surprised

Agree with much of the above. Some pods I prefer over others, we all have our preferences. The best part (with the format) is the ability to listen and forward what you don't like or ignore it.
I like the Prendercast, BA and will give the Bluepod a crack, actually I'll give most a crack BUT: Talking Gibber-Fish is/was absolute dog s**t. Save your production money CFC and buy some more elastoplast for training please. Sheeesh...

Hello all. Myself and my brother have thrown our hats in the ring and started (another) Carlton podcast. We are called 2 Passionate Blue Baggers. We recorded our 1st official episode last night. It’s a bit rough as we have never done anything like this before so we are still learning but we had a great time and look forward to recording more episodes.
Hope you all enjoy and please, any questions or feedback let us know.

Hello all. Myself and my brother have thrown our hats in the ring and started (another) Carlton podcast. We are called 2 Passionate Blue Baggers. We recorded our 1st official episode last night. It’s a bit rough as we have never done anything like this before so we are still learning but we had a great time and look forward to recording more episodes.
Hope you all enjoy and please, any questions or feedback let us know.

Do you have a link to the podcast MacReady

Back