Caro article tomorrow

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no idea. If there are 3k I'm 3 of them. Important to note that this hypothetical 3k would also likely be some of the clubs biggest financial contributors.

True but the big kahunas can pay $300 per game for a function and premium reserved seats at an away game. These types won't feel the pain of replacement games and sitting in the nosebleed section among opposition flogs.

That makes sense to me. I don't understand how a region that has a middling population, but one where where most people would invest in a team, is not considered viable. And the arguments about keeping players sound a bit silly - Tasmania is certainly no less attractive a home than Adelaide or Western Sydney, and it's within an hour's travel from Australia's main capital cities. I guess AFL Tasmania has put all its arguments forward.

Spot on in every way H2H.

True but the big kahunas can pay $300 per game for a function and premium reserved seats at an away game. These types won't feel the pain of replacement games and sitting in the nosebleed section among opposition flogs.

Stop rubbing our faces in your success.

Maybe not, but it should. It was utterly ridiculous that the two recent clubs were given licenses in non-AFL markets and given so much money to "develop" that market, rather than reward a market it's used and has provided for decades. I get the $$ and cents reason why they took that path, but just plain wrong IMHO.

It doesn't work for all parties tazaa.

Tas and it's powerbrokers want it's own team and have done for a very long time. Not a rehomed Vic club, which is why i'm adamant we having nothing to worry about. Anything less than that will never entirely satisfy that, and that should be respected as Tas has given more than it has taken by a long way. For mine it would be very similar model to Geelong, and thrive - yet the AFL think otherwise, and that's all that counts.
I dont begrudge Tassie not getting its own team mate. I just dont think itll ever happen unfortunately.

Stop rubbing our faces in your success.

I suggest that any board member who oversees a 7 game relocation package should be banned from attending away game functions and forced to sit on Level 3 at these replacement games. Let's see how much they talk up replacement games under those conditions.

I suggest that any board member who oversees a 7 game relocation package should be banned from attending away game functions and forced to sit on Level 3 at these replacement games. Let's see how much they talk up replacement games under those conditions.

*crickets*

;)

I dont begrudge Tassie not getting its own team mate. I just dont think itll ever happen unfortunately.

Yeah, probably right mate but I think with Fat Andy on the way out that might change....albeit unlikely.

Yeah, probably right mate but I think with Fat Andy on the way out that might change....albeit unlikely.
Yeh fingers crossed for the purists down there who do deserve it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back