No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure if serious?

Players believe they are not guilty yet have been sentenced as drug cheats and your unsure of what the reward would be of they won their case?
given they will still sit out the year either way, is the very slim likelihood their names will be cleared worth another year of this media circus? At some point they just need to accept that the actions of the entire club, including the players, in 2012 was well below what is expected of a professional sporting club.

Don't think the club will fund the appeal if players were taking legal action against the club.

You still can't or won't differentiate between a court hearing and a fund - AFL/EFC will end up starting a fund of some description - Unlikely it goes to court.

given they will still sit out the year either way, is the very slim likelihood their names will be cleared worth another year of this media circus? At some point they just need to accept that the actions of the entire club, including the players, in 2012 was well below what is expected of a professional sporting club.

A 100% selfish post - Thank God you aren't in control of the justice system.

given they will still sit out the year either way, is the very slim likelihood their names will be cleared worth another year of this media circus?

Your really asking that question? if they don't appeal they will regret it for the rest of their lives. I wouldn't have thought 1 2 or 3 years would really be an issue for a person in their situation.

So Ports whole beef is that they will be one player short compared to Essendon?
Their beef is that they don't have a backup ruck for their backup ruck. Their public statements are about being a player less than Essendon (cue public outrage, but they chose to be a player less than us back in November, regardless of the suspensions). God knows their submission to the AFL probably blathered on about caveat emptor and the Monfries trade. Playing games hard, and losing.

What media circus? There will be nothing happening right up until there's a hearing held in camera. Once the news of the appeal dies down and footy starts you won't hear a word about it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the players certainly have the right to appeal if they so desire, but FFS this saga just wont go away! The chances of them winning is SOOOOOOOOOOO low, and the reward for winning will be what exactly?? Is it really worth another year of uncertainty and media frenzy?
It is to them.

Case closed.

The players winning their appeal.

open-praying-hands-drawing-662769_orig.jpg

Last edited:
I know the HTB is an unreasonable place, but crying about non-AFL standard players because Essendon get to have some? Like it is the fashionable thing to do.

I understand the thought process behind it, but surely an extra rookie upgrade would be more beneficial?

These bogans should be complaining about the remaining AFL clubs - I have no doubt the AFL asked for submissions from the 13 clubs unaffected, and it suggests these clubs gave the thumbs down to Top Up Players.

These bogans should be complaining about the remaining AFL clubs - I have no doubt the AFL asked for submissions from the 13 clubs unaffected, and it suggests these clubs gave the thumbs down to Top Up Players.
guess theres no s**t eating journos reporting on the inside AFL facts anymore huh. WHere are you Caro you old bitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back