No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad when this great games night of nights is not the top thread on our own board

Darkest day in sport?
It long been far a great night of nights Yoda_ , it's really a contrived bit of bullshit as scripted as much as the WSC three game finals for channel 9.

Let's watch, as the last votes read out on the night have player x coming from 2 votes back to win again, and again, and again....

ASADA to present evidence to Essendon players after requests from AFL Players Association
  • MICHAEL WARNER AND GRANT BAKER
Essendon loses ASADA court battle
external

Essendon loses ASADA court battle
EVIDENCE surrounding the use of the banned drug Thymosin beta-4 at Essendon in 2012 will be presented to the 34 former and current Bombers players facing doping charges.

The Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority will agree to present the players with parts of its case against them after repeated requests from the AFL Players’ Association.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least now ASADA is being forced to produce the bulk of their evidence - This will help all parties going forward - And informed decisions can be made.

I just worry that players will be bullied into thinking things are more air tight than they really are.. like ASADA did in the interviews by scaring them half to death about deformities in the their babies and so forth.

Here is a novel idea.. how about you give them the evidence, let them respond.. hold a ADRVP and see what the result is? Oh and let's do all that within a month so we can wrap this up by the end of this year.

Great statement tonight. This is how it needs to be from now on. Hird and the club have played their hand, they're done, I really don't want to see them again (on this topic).

It's all about the players, their counsel and the AFLPA. The players need a spokesman, Little is not it. He should distance himself.

I don't really want to hear from Hird until it's all over post season and he sits down and does the mother of all interviews on the Essendon website and tells is from start to finish everything that happened and didn't happen. 10 hours worth, I don't care. We've all lived this for 2 years and should hear it.

Great statement tonight. This is how it needs to be from now on. Hird and the club have played their hand, they're done, I really don't want to see them again (on this topic).

It's all about the players, their counsel and the AFLPA. The players need a spokesman, Little is not it. He should distance himself.

I don't really want to hear from Hird until it's all over post season and he sits down and does the mother of all interviews on the Essendon website and tells is from start to finish everything that happened and didn't happen. 10 hours worth, I don't care. We've all lived this for 2 years and should hear it.
Brilliant post

The media will not let this happen. They have not let this happen.

Spot On.

ON that point though.. what media has Hird done?? I realise he is the devil.. but I've seen him do a short door stop when he got back (not his choice), a short statement on his first day back (at the request of the club) and one short 'pavement stop' after the court hearing...

I find it funny that in that time, Caro and her cult have written 82 articles about 'Hird'.. with none actually having anything to do with him at all.

Time for the club to step back a bit, exactly as you said, and let the next step occur.. and that is the players and their representation taking ASADA on. Maybe they should have done that in June.. but I still feel the free shot was worth it.

time now to move on, let the players clear their name and be done with it. Call the bluff now.

*Why are so many still convinced ASADA don't bluff?? They have decisions overturned all the time because they are dodgy.. and if they are sitting on a solid case.. then they don't wait two years before 'springing the trap'.. believe me.

Loving this gem:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ssendon-as-saga-drags-on-20140922-10kj0r.html

Actual Quotes (in case you were mislead by the article content and headline)
Geelong president Colin Carter and Brisbane Lions chief executive Greg Swann said club bosses had largely not broached the issue during the 90-minute meeting,
Collingwood president Eddie McGuire said improving the match-day experience for supporters next season was the key topic of discussion.
"It wasn't discussed.
I think the decision was that if there was a discussion to be had, Mike would talk to Paul Little separately. We decided we wouldn't make that a public discussion in there," Carter said.

So.. the Presidents all suggest it wasn't a key topic.. but IF there was an issue then it was best the AFL deal with it.. not the club Presidents..

Oh and apparently we are being blamed for 50% of the 'loss of brand' of the AFL.. nice work Gil.. yeah yeah.. it is all the 'saga'... not the unaffortable ticket prices.. dismal state of the game.. sanctioned cheating of clubs allowed to have 9.8% more 'culture'.. a fixture that is blatant cheating.. creation of clubs that have no supporter base.. revelations of shoddy dealings and backroom politics.. not to mention a game that has gone from a casual enjoyment to a full time industry trying to support a 24/7 news cycle online, in print and on TV..

No, of course none of that damages a brand.. all the saga. here Here.

I am actually glad the other 17 clubs are rallied against us.. cause they proved last year they have no friggen clue what is happening. They can just keep taking their handouts and life support and continue to resent the fact that we are still three times the club they will ever be!

That figure doesn't look high enough for what we need. Is there some way we could bump that up a bit?
Yeah I'll just take out the ticket prices and fixturing issues. Oh and add in the loss of brand caused by the corrupt lying sack of s**t that was running the AFL to 'make it look better'..

Gil McLachlan, the new CEO of the AFL, briefed all club presidents during an ardous 5 minute power presentation that the AFL has suffered a loss of brand over the last 24 months. The AFL attributes 95% of the loss of brand to the actions of the EFC and the Supplements Saga. The remaining 5% can be attributed to James Hird personally for making it all about him.

(better)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back