No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the players are suspended and all avenues of appeal are exhausted, they WILL sit out however long they're suspended for.

It's really not worth discussing beyond that. Some protest "nah * ASADA, we'll play anyway" would never, ever happen, for reasons so numerous that I'm not going to even begin listing them.

If the players don't agree to the Asada penalties then no one can stop them from playing.
wow. That's amazing. You didn't even read what I posted did you?

The penalties are AFL penalties. The players are contractually obliged to follow AFL rules. This is a rule of the AFL. It's a condition of their employment.

So the AFL can and will stop them playing.

Derp

wow. That's amazing. You didn't even read what I posted did you?

The penalties are AFL penalties. The players are contractually obliged to follow AFL rules. This is a rule of the AFL. It's a condition of their employment.

So the AFL can and will stop them playing.

Derp

Hopefully the AFL tribunal don't agree with Asada's penalties.

...and if they were silly enough to insist on fielding those players after they've been handed a suspension, then the AFL would likely deregister both the players and the club.

Hopefully the AFL tribunal don't agree with Asada's penalties.
ASADA don't issue penalties. Only the AFL do. It's not hard to get your head around it.

If the tribunal agrees that EFC players have breached the anti-doping code, they will issue sanctions inline with the WADA code. And this will probably be aligned with any recommendations that ASADA make. And if this occurs, that's it. The players will not be able to play unless an appeal is successful, which in all honesty would be remarkably unlikely. End of story

If the players don't agree to the Asada penalties then no one can stop them from playing.

The club needs permission from the league to compete in the AFL. The players need permission from the club to play. If the AFL says your club wont be allowed to send a team out there with players x, y and z ... then they would call off the game before it started and call every Essendon game a bye for the rest of the season. Seeing 5 teams would have one more bye than the rest ladder position would be decided by wins/loss rather than just wins.

It just wont happen.

I was trying to work out what was going on in here, then I remembered I blocked someone.

tumblr_inline_n4x7iksKLc1qafrh6.gif

...and if they were silly enough to insist on fielding those players after they've been handed a suspension, then the AFL would likely deregister both the players and the club.
yep, and in fact you actually need accreditation to be on an AFL arena. If the players are not eligible to play they will not have accreditation. It is literally impossible that the players could play whilst suspended. It's not even feasible.

ASADA don't issue penalties. Only the AFL do. It's not hard to get your head around it.

If the tribunal agrees that EFC players have breached the anti-doping code, they will issue sanctions inline with the WADA code. And this will probably be aligned with any recommendations that ASADA make. And if this occurs, that's it. The players will not be able to play unless an appeal is successful, which in all honesty would be remarkably unlikely. End of story

Was meant to say Asada's recommendation.

I'll give you A+ for determination B4L. You should really consider taking your discussion over to the HTB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back