No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicest interpretation is that the appointment of Justice Downes may have spooked ASADA into undertaking a rash action - That is the issuing of Show Cause notices - It's important to realise that the NRL players took deals because the NRL were in cahoots with ASADA - It's obvious the AFL didn't share the same relationship, because they were happy for EFC to take court action and not take deals.

Do you think ASADA had a deal with the NRL and some of the Cronulla player managers/lawyers as far back as the start of 2014? If ASADA had some guaranteed Cronulla heads on a plate then they may have figured it was enough justification to push on - even in the face of an uphill battle with Essendon. The whole 48 hours to accept a deal would have then been theatrics for the most part.

Bombers see light at the end of the ASADA tunnel

Essendon's dealings with ASADA were no longer a talking point among players, Brendon Goddard said.

At a fan day at the club's Tullamarine base, the midfielder practised his goalkicking and was later keen to talk football as the preseason ramped up.

"I think everyone's seen the light at the end of the tunnel," he said.

"Hopefully by the middle of February, [or] hopefully by the end of February, it's all washed up and there is a decision made."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/essend...-end-of-the-asada-tunnel-20141223-12cq0u.html

thats the only xmas present many want i suspect, & waiting to the end of feb to get it would be fine with me if only there was a guarantee it was feb 2015...

thats the only xmas present many want i suspect, & waiting to the end of feb to get it would be fine with me if only there was a guarantee it was feb 2015...

I read somewhere the decision of the tribunal was likely to take about 3 weeks. On that basis I think we are looking at end of Feb earliest. But if people like Richard Ings are correct - regardless of the outcome of the tribunal - there will be an appeal. So who knows how long this saga will drag on for?

One of the few upsides if this thing just keeps dragging on indefinitely is Fletch could get the extra 7 games he requires to reach his 400 without possible impediment. Perhaps he'll even be retired ;)

I read somewhere the decision of the tribunal was likely to take about 3 weeks. On that basis I think we are looking at end of Feb earliest. But if people like Richard Ings are correct - regardless of the outcome of the tribunal - there will be an appeal. So who knows how long this saga will drag on.

One of the few upsides if this thing keeps dragging on is Fletch could get the extra 7 games in he requires to reach his 400 without possible impediment.

Yeah, that's my main worry here & that this tribunal is really just an time wasting irrelevance because, other than one side or the other being able to claim a temporary victory, the final decision is many months (or more:drunk:) away.

Anyway, * this, I am banning myself from giving a s**t or posting about this until the new year.

Have a good one everyone.

Yeah, that's my main worry here & that this tribunal is really just an time wasting irrelevance because, other than one side or the other being able to claim a temporary victory, the final decision is many months (or more:drunk:) away.

Anyway, **** this, I am banning myself from giving a s**t or posting about this until the new year.

Have a good one everyone.
But surely a temporary victory is better then none?

But surely a temporary victory is better then none?

A guilty verdict for players writes off 2015 for us, so this isn't an option we can consider, if ASADA appeal then the at least it's just a sideshow like the past 2 seasons, and the players have been great under these circumstances.

Would ASADA really appeal though?

A guilty verdict for players writes off 2015 for us, so this isn't an option we can consider, if ASADA appeal then the at least it's just a sideshow like the past 2 seasons, and the players have been great under these circumstances.

Would ASADA really appeal though?

ASADAs appeal would be ludircrous of it came to that.

The reason why ASADA would lose is due to lack of evidence.

You dont appeal a lack of evidence ruling. That is utterly stupid......wait

So i guess ASADA might appeal..

The James Hird appeal?

"It is hoped their judgment will come before the court breaks for Christmas."

With Christmas fast approaching I wonder if we are just about to hear the outcome?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dear Leader
Obligatory photo posing with children
B5gwEPdCMAEqGWA.jpg

I read somewhere the decision of the tribunal was likely to take about 3 weeks. On that basis I think we are looking at end of Feb earliest. But if people like Richard Ings are correct - regardless of the outcome of the tribunal - there will be an appeal. So who knows how long this saga will drag on for?

One of the few upsides if this thing just keeps dragging on indefinitely is Fletch could get the extra 7 games he requires to reach his 400 without possible impediment. Perhaps he'll even be retired ;)

Isn't the word Fletcher is not on of the 34?

Interesting picture from AFL media. Since when did the AFL acknowledge that James Hird is first and most of all a family man who loves his wife and kids, and not the evil architect of the worlds greatest (or worst) illegal drug program.

Dear Leader
Obligatory photo posing with children
B5gwEPdCMAEqGWA.jpg
As you can see, hird has resorted to passing drugs into our academy players. Also replaced needles with transmitting via the mouth

Snorting Lines off his child's head.

Terrible man.
I was half heartedly chewing on a stale bread roll that'd been in the freezer too long when I read that. Fair to say it almost got lodged in my windpipe as I guffawed. The look the other half just gave me was priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back