No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, I love how the HtB keeps going further and further down the rabbit hole. Like WADA is going to appeal the useless ASADA.

Going to need friends and family gathered around to watch out for their health when they realize that won't happen.

After WADA refuse to appeal, they will cling to the 'frozen samples'.

This will give them about 4 more years of hope to cling to.

I know its unlikely but is there a small chance WADA will announce its decision not to appeal this week?

They can just replace NRL with AFL on that letter they released after the Cronulla players took deals and change a sentence here or there and be done with it.
pretty sure they have a standard non appeal template.

something about stamping out drugz in sports, yada yada yada

I know its unlikely but is there a small chance WADA will announce its decision not to appeal this week?

They can just replace NRL with AFL on that letter they released after the Cronulla players took deals and change a sentence here or there and be done with it.
I don't even think it's that unlikely fwiw.

I think it's blatantly obvious this is an almight utensil-up and I'd be surprised if they didn't try to wash their hands of it asap frankly.

There's been conjecture through the process WADA haven't been happy with the length of time - I don't think they need 21 days to go over it, I'm sure they already know the case intimately, I can't see them dragging it out to stick it to us

Wow,, didn't think he would.

He has appealed - will be interesting to see the approach however. The first appeal is to the afl anti doping appeals tribunal. Dank would still consider this a kangaroo court. To get to the forum he desires it has to go through this and then CAS. Following CAS he could then take it to a court of law. So it could be that the next phases of appeal are going through the motions righting for the right forum. So this could drag out for months and months. The media will put their usual spin on - comments like not another appeal or take the umpires decision will be bandied around but Dank wants his case heard in court where clear rules and regulations are abided by.

I wonder if Dank will actually announce what his reasoning is behind the appeal ?

Is he flat out denying he did what ASADA are saying he did, or is this more stuff of the exploiting-the-grey-area-my-definition-of-trafficking-is-different-to-yours-TB4-is-not-banned-etc. type ?

Richard Ings said this morning, appeal would take probably a few months to convene, probably a few weeks to a month to run the case, and another few months to get a ruling. So near the end of the season before it is over.
Just goes to show how if the EFC players had been found guilty by the tribunal, they'd have probably missed most or all of the season even if they ended up winning on appeal.

I don't have an issue with that though because you have been ruled by a tribunal as guilty/ I think that's all fair really.
I have an issue with it, because it could have ended up with the players missing a year despite being found not guilty (in the end).

Not much point having an appeal process if you still cop the punishment even if you win the appeal. I guess you'd theoretically clear the black mark against your name by winning on appeal, but you wouldn't get the year back.

I think my point is that if the players had been found guilty, the AFL should have pulled out all stops to expedite the appeal - none of this ASADA-style 'we'll take as long as we like thank you, still waiting months later, etc.' stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richard Ings said this morning, appeal would take probably a few months to convene, probably a few weeks to a month to run the case, and another few months to get a ruling. So near the end of the season before it is over.

I would have thought the appeal would have been on specific points and not a full trial. So wouldn't think it would take as long as the original trial if you were just arguing specific points.

so now Dank is going to appear before the type of 'kangaroo court' he said he would never appear before:drunk:

I'm guessing he has to go through this path as he doesn't have direct appeal rights to go straight to CAS.

He now has a finding against him that prevents him being employed in tested sports, so finally has to engage the process.

1. Incorrect. An appeal against the WADA process goes to CAS.
2. If they had a case they would have got a lot further than they did. They didn't even get to level that had TB4 being in the country.
3. See #2. Also former court judges are independent. If they were footy-biased and proven to be so, they wouldn't get another job ever. Completely ridiculous.
4. Not worse, EFC have provisional suspensions lifted and are playing.
5. They have not been working in conjunction with - Fahey has admitted he hasn't seen particulars of case. This will be the first time WADA has actually seen any evidence.
6. They have to publicly support ASADA, privately they'd be seething.

ASADA couldn't put a score on the board, Mc Devastated couldn't even kick one Captain's goal. WADA would be playing against the same team with the same type of shittruck players, same football, same spectators, against the colossus that is Essendon. I bet they forfeit the match and give the Bombers a 2-0 start to the season.

Last edited:
1. Incorrect. An appeal against the WADA process goes to CAS.
2. If they had a case they would have got a lot further than they did. They didn't even get to level that had TB4 being in the country.
3. See #2. Also former court judges are independent. If they were footy-biased and proven to be so, they wouldn't get another job ever. Completely ridiculous.
4. Not worse, EFC have provisional suspensions lifted and are playing.
5. They have not been working in conjunction with - Fahey has admitted he hasn't seen particulars of case. This will be the first time WADA has actually seen any evidence.
6. They have to publicly support ASADA, privately they'd be seething.
Fahey is ex WADA.

I have an issue with it, because it could have ended up with the players missing a year despite being found not guilty (in the end).

Not much point having an appeal process if you still cop the punishment even if you win the appeal. I guess you'd theoretically clear the black mark against your name by winning on appeal, but you wouldn't get the year back.

I think my point is that if the players had been found guilty, the AFL should have pulled out all stops to expedite the appeal - none of this ASADA-style 'we'll take as long as we like thank you, still waiting months later, etc.' stuff.

They need to separate the process for positive test cases and no-positive test cases. Clearly if a player has a positive test and is 30+ they would use the appeal process to continue their career closer to retirement if they were permitted to play whilst appealing. I see why it is necessary. However in the absence of a positive test and using circumstantial evidence the guilty until proven innocent approach is wrong. Currently they're all treated the same which needs to be altered.

I don't even think it's that unlikely fwiw.

I think it's blatantly obvious this is an almight utensil-up and I'd be surprised if they didn't try to wash their hands of it asap frankly.

There's been conjecture through the process WADA haven't been happy with the length of time - I don't think they need 21 days to go over it, I'm sure they already know the case intimately, I can't see them dragging it out to stick it to us

Just read according to Fahey WADA appeal on average 1 case in 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back