No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started it and I'd hardly call what I said cruel. Or the picture that followed my comment either, unless you are saying pictures of him are cruel? Which in itself is cruel?

But on more important issues I only came here to bemoan at Doss that he closed the boycott thread.
Pretty straightforward. No not the picture to follow your post or your post - it's the jibes about his weight etc that are just a bit rank. I've got swept up in it myself in the past when discussing pat smith etc - not finest hour.

Love the pic.. but at the same time.. that is one of Phatpricks less woeful opinions this year.

Essentially I see him stating:
Hird should come back next year UNLESS the players receive infraction notices (I would add successful infraction notices but nevertheless)
The footy public needs to move on next year because EFC has done its 'time' even if you don't agree with it (fair enough)
Hird shouldn't coach this year as it is a distraction (I personally don't agree.. but it is a very valid point and fair enough too)
Trigg deserves another chance (the guy set out to cheat.. and now he will be working at the biggest cheating club in history.. good fit for me)

So I agree the headline is wonky.. but the text (on the Phatprick scale) isn't as bad as his usual efforts!

I bet you felt dirty after typing that, I assume you've washed your hands 10 times yet they're still not clean, but it is what it is.

Hird should come back next year UNLESS the players receive infraction notices (I would add successful infraction notices but nevertheless)
Wasn't it Hird that said if the players were issued IN's, that he'd walk away from the game anyway??

Wasn't it Hird that said if the players were issued IN's, that he'd walk away from the game anyway??
Absolutely.. and Bomber Thompson said it on 360 too...

Essentially IF any player gets suspended over this mess.. then you won't need to fire either man.. I believe both will walk...

The key point being not if they are ISSUED notices.. if they are found guilty of the charges and suspended...

And I would have no problem with that... if the club is found to have breached the anti-doping regulations, however inadvertently, and any player is suspended.. then the WHOLE lot of coaches/administrators/fitness staff that were there during that period need to go.. ALL of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Smith article is surprisingly good. The winds, they are a changing.

The answer my friend is blowing in the time.

The answer my friend is blowing in the time.
I was going to use 'the Times, they are a changing' but didn't think it fitted particularly well, so I did a bit of a hybrid of the winds are changing and 'the Times, they are a changing.'

Love the pic.. but at the same time.. that is one of Phatpricks less woeful opinions this year.

Essentially I see him stating:
The footy public needs to move on next year because EFC has done its 'time' even if you don't agree with it (fair enough)
Hird shouldn't coach this year as it is a distraction (I personally don't agree.. but it is a very valid point and fair enough too)
Trigg deserves another chance (the guy set out to cheat.. and now he will be working at the biggest cheating club in history.. good fit for me)

So I agree the headline is wonky.. but the text (on the Phatprick scale) isn't as bad as his usual efforts!

Yeah, to be fair it wasnt that bad, but the pic just had to be posted;)

Hird's going to inherit a list which is more mature than when he left it, and the additions of players such as Ambrose and Zerrett, improved form of Colyer, and Heppell rising into an A-grader. Hope he focuses on players such as Bellchambers and Melksham this pre-season, can't hurt having a firing backup ruck and a stronger midfield. Would also be interesting to see if he improves on Bomber's possession-focused gameplan or if he returns to his contested based one

Absolutely.. and Bomber Thompson said it on 360 too...

Essentially IF any player gets suspended over this mess.. then you won't need to fire either man.. I believe both will walk...

The key point being not if they are ISSUED notices.. if they are found guilty of the charges and suspended...

And I would have no problem with that... if the club is found to have breached the anti-doping regulations, however inadvertently, and any player is suspended.. then the WHOLE lot of coaches/administrators/fitness staff that were there during that period need to go.. ALL of them.
This still may well be the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back