No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah ! Greg Denham - Doesn't think before he talks - And he is going into dangerous territory when calling Goddard a clown.

Why are we discussing AOD - It's done and dusted.

Has anyone heard the promo grab for Denham's spot on KB's show? It's Denham stating something along the lines of ...."there's no doubt everyone wants the premiership cup, it's what they're all after...especially in a team sport..."

I s**t you not.

This is where Sheeds is going to be great when you read/hear comments from Malthouse, McGuire, even rabidly s**t journos like Ralph, Barrett and Denham.

The thing that gets me is Hird's position as coach is always under scrutiny but we saw some things in court re AFL officials which would see any other person in any other industry out of a job. And it is just forgotten about. There is no objective analysis. I wonder whether the average punter out there questions the one sidedness of the conversation or just doesn't care.

Some of you must get off on being indignant. Why else would you bother taking the bait from that meaty bit in a dog's vomit, Barrett? Have not read nor listened to anything he comes out with other than the snippets that appear on here. Why even bother posting it? It makes no difference to the outcome and only serves to make us feel further victimised. I don't want this club to feel victimised, I only want us to feel vindicated. Hopefully that time is not too far away.

Surely the sole reason there is so much hate still from some in the media (wilson, smith, Barrett, Ralph, Denham, etc.) is because they have failed in their sole mission this entire saga. That is for j.hird to no longer be coach of efc.

I do wonder how different this would have played out had hird not remained as coach after 2013.

Surely the sole reason there is so much hate still from some in the media (wilson, smith, Barrett, Ralph, Denham, etc.) is because they have failed in their sole mission this entire saga. That is for j.hird to no longer be coach of efc.

I do wonder how different this would have played out had hird not remained as coach after 2013.

Kudos to the club for not caving in a lesser club would of sacked their coach by now.

Kudos to the club for not caving in a lesser club would of sacked their coach by now.
One thing the foamers are correct on is that if it were any other coach than Hird (eg Knights), he'd have been gone long ago. Doesn't mean it would be the correct moral decision, just a very pragmatic decision based on the potential fallout from sacking a savvy, much loved club legend compared to a run-of-the-mill aspirational coach with no significant history at the club.

The moral outrage at us playing Williamstown is my most favourite of the saga yet.

"YOUS IS NOT MENT 2 B PLAYINGS!!!!!"

"SUCH A CORRUPT CLUB"

"DANIHARER WAZ INJECTEDEDS"

Plenty of lulz on the troll topic board this evening.

One thing the foamers are correct on is that if it were any other coach than Hird (eg Knights), he'd have been gone long ago. Doesn't mean it would be the correct moral decision, just a very pragmatic decision based on the potential fallout from sacking a savvy, much loved club legend compared to a run-of-the-mill aspirational coach with no significant history at the club.

True.

The thing that has annoyed me through out this whole saga is people/media wanted Hird sacked the moment the February 5th presser happened way before any facts were known.

The moral outrage at us playing Williamstown is my most favourite of the saga yet.

"YOUS IS NOT MENT 2 B PLAYINGS!!!!!"

"SUCH A CORRUPT CLUB"

"DANIHARER WAZ INJECTEDEDS"

Plenty of lulz on the troll topic board this evening.

"Oh knows Hird injected under age kid must cop the death penalty" etc,etc :rolleyes:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe he's not all bad..

flogbarrettt_zpswmndvwao.jpg

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...er-club-essendon/story-fni5f7qp-1227251747368

Sheedy returns to Essendon after an eight-year absence and is reluctant to point the finger at anyone at the club he helped turn into a powerhouse.

“I’ve been away a long time so I can’t really comment on what has gone on,” Sheedy said.

“What I do know is the fans deserves some help, They’ve had a decent whack from everybody.

“Knowing them so well over so many years, more than two and half decades, they’ll be exhausted.

“It’s a very Christian club Essendon and they’re very frustrated.”

:)

This is where Sheeds is going to be great when you read/hear comments from Malthouse, McGuire, even rabidly s**t journos like Ralph, Barrett and Denham.
Think Sheedy has more PR nouse than some at EFC.

I disagree - The most important thing is no player suspensions - everything else pales into significance.

Had to laugh at hearing our game described as a "showcase". Surely a "showcase" would televised on FTA?

And remind me, how many players did the "pacesetters in injection science" rest against Collingwood?

Mine wouldn't last long......:cool:
I'd puncture the footy while he's signing it. It'd be a sliding doors moment...

IF Essendon didn't exist...
THEN I'd still be able to sign this footy. They don't get it.

I have always said that. It most certainly is the most important thing. But how this would have played out, in the media and the investigation by asada, interests me had hird not remained as coach.

The narrative was that if Hird stood down in April 2013, he would have coached Round 1 in 2014 - Of course this was on the basis that no players were charged by ASADA - So even in this perfect world there would have been issues.

The narrative was that if Hird stood down in April 2013, he would have coached Round 1 in 2014 - Of course this was on the basis that no players were charged by ASADA - So even in this perfect world there would have been issues.
I don't think the AFL would've let him. They would have got him to "step down" and then still whacked him with the Interim report penalties. 2 years out of the business and he'd be gone for good, that was Andy's plan IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back