Autopsy Cats lose to Port by 6 points after being down by 10 goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, hence why we requested a twilight timeslot for our ‘home’ QF v Collingwood in 2022. We got a much bigger supporter turnout than we would have if it was a Friday or Saturday night match.

And for our clash against Carlton a couple of weeks ago, and I assume it'll be the same request placed for when we play Essendon in Rnd 16 - we'll find out this week

I'm pretty sure it's also been mentioned that the dew can have a big impact at this time of year with night games in Geelong - all the more reason for them to be bought forward slightly

I think the last game last year against the Dogs is the only one and that was a dead rubber for us. Went with Neale and Ollie Henry. We looked potent enough until our midfield hit the wall.
Interesting. And we will have Rohan this time as a third “tall”.

Don’t think we need to swing J Henry or SDK forward but can do later in the game if needed. Blitz can also drift forward. Plus it is slippery up there anyway…

We should be able to function with Neale and Henry and Rohan? If not we need to make some changes for 2025 given Jezza might be hard to get off a wing!

Going to be an interesting watch

Gotta love the salty tears over this

This from the AFL FoxFooty:

AFL medical personnel have reviewed the management of Jeremy Cameron’s head/ground impact in the last quarter of the match last night and have discussed the matter with Geelong’s doctors earlier this morning and are comfortable that he was managed consistent with the AFL Concussion Guidelines.

Following the impact, Geelong’s doctors conducted a HIA on ground (including video review and clinical assessment of the player) which did not identify any immediate need to remove the player from the field for a SCAT-6. However, they continued to monitor the player for the remainder of the match and conducted a SCAT6 after the match which did not identify any signs of concussion.

Please also note that the medical spotters in the ARC alerted the Geelong doctors to Cameron’s head/ground impact shortly after the incident, however in absence of “probable motor incoordination or no protective action” immediate removal of the player for a SCAT was not mandated.

As is standard protocol in such a situation, Geelong’s doctors continued to monitor the player today for any delayed symptoms which have now been identified on repeat assessment including a SCAT6.

Let’s be honest, a midfield with Butters, JHF, and Wines was always going to smoke us, but I thought our defence would’ve been a bit better. Pretty sure we’re now seeing how good we are, and it’s not real good.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Melbourne and Port are pretty universally regarded to be top 6 teams and we basically lost by a goal to each while playing woefully for large parts of each game - does that say more about us or them?

Night games tend to not be the favourite timeslot for Geelong members & fans

- When the match is in Melbourne, there'll be those traveling from Geelong that are reluctant. Especially those with young children who don't want to be getting home sometime after midnight with them

- When it's a night match in Geelong, it's something of the reverse with those having to travel from Melbourne or the other side of bay that can be reluctant, and that's mainly due to the drive/trip home afterwards and what time they'll get home

The first season we had lights b& night matches, I was talking with one of the regulars in the area I sat, who was an older lady and after attending our first night match she was reluctant to come to further night matches due to the experience of trying to get home to Essendon. She didn't like driving at night and would instead use the train, but the public transport experience wasn't good & left her shaken, so she didn't know if she would make further night matches

I then sat next to various groups across my years in the Ablett Terrace, and the last group I sat with were younger guys who came from Frankston area and they couldn't always make it due to what time they'd get home, work the next day etc

An afternoon or twilight match time would almost be the perfect option as you still get to use the lights & finish after dark, but not so late that it's some crazy hour by the time you get home

Im not sure if you broke down the attendance of games at the G what games against non Vic sides would get. This year we are setting new benchmarks .. and maybe 30,000 is a good target V non Vic sides … plus 35,000 against good drawing Vic sides like Rich .. and a varaition will happen based on time and weather etc.

Lets see what times and what teams deliever what size crowds. Id like us to focus on that 4.30 slot and see if we can really make that work.

Pretty piiss poor performance by Geel on a number of fronts last night

A small fortune of tax payers money spent on that ground , alot of supporters/members , blah blah blah , we need a 40k stadium

Officicial crowd last night 29942 , very ordinary against a team who have been in the top 4/6/8 for basically the last 10 years

Be interesting , the bottom line what the club netted last night and also the bottom line at the home MCG game against Carlton 87k in attendance
710 pm Friday is farcical for Melbourne based Cats fans wanting to get there on time. Roadworks and the Westgate make it a TV game for many.

It's a giant carpark, with awful hi rise buildings everywhere
If that was Sydney’s only issue!
How does one even get into the city to park in a carpark?
Traffic is gridlocked, even on the Dark Side!
Public transport is horrid!
Buses refuse to stop at bus stops because they need to cross four lanes of traffic!
Trains are either always late, or on strike because wages are too low.
Ferries are the best way to travel, except you need to drive (no parking), catch unreliable train or bus. Walking is the only option to catch a ferry.
I was fortunate to live in Padddington, a beautiful 30 minute scenic walk through Hyde Park, across to Art Gallery, into Domain Park, into Botanic Gardens + up to Macquarie Street to Australia Square
♥️♥️♥️

Ferries are the best way to travel, except you need to drive (no parking), catch unreliable train or bus.
I was fortunate to live in Padddington, a beautiful 30 minutes scenic walk through Hyde Park, across to Art Gallery, into Domain Park, into Botanic Gardens + up to Macquarie Street to Australia Square
♥️♥️♥️
Forgive me, I’ve lost it

Hawkins and Cameron out, with the luck Neale has with his bad timing of injuries there's every chance he steps on a piece of lego and misses his chance.
Danger, JC, Hawkins- 7-4 will surface very quickly, not that Hawk will be a big loss.

Danger, JC, Hawkins- 7-4 will surface very quickly, not that Hawk will be a big loss.
Somebody isn't watching the GWS game. They have been poorer than we have over the past two weeks, and were average against the Blues before that.

Our second half intensity from the Port game is likely to be there from the start in a redemption home game. We've seen that story play out countless times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both sadly. Melbourne CBD IMO is ...... I'll leave it at that. Some of the suburbs are lovely but if you want to drive add significantly to your ETA.
Sydney is like NY, London or any other truly international city - if you have the money to enjoy what it has to offer it is a great place to live, but if you are a battler stuck out in the outer burbs trying to make ends meet it is pretty bleak.

Somebody isn't watching the GWS game. They have been poorer than we have over the past two weeks, and were average against the Blues before that.

Our second half intensity from the Port game is likely to be there from the start in a redemption home game. We've seen that story play out countless times.
Fair points.
Bombers are very underrated here too. Brad has them looking dangerous.
In recent times, GWS have beaten us at Geelong when we were better than now, and they were worse.
I am working on our reversal starting when Danger and JC come together at 7-4, v Tigers, then beating Swans!

He passed the on field tests but still has to undergo concussion protocols after. So, no.
What we saw was JC refusing to be assessed? Or to be taken off at least.
Had that been first 5 minutes, I wonder if a different viewing.

You’re making no sense. There was no better option to ruck. He can’t be managed if there’s no one to replace him.
If Stanley played injured which I doubt then he has to be judged as if fully fit. If he was injured they should have played blicavs in ruck which is a better option then played another fit player. That makes perfect sense

If Stanley played injured which I doubt then he has to be judged as if fully fit. If he was injured they should have played blicavs in ruck which is a better option then played another fit player. That makes perfect sense

Unfortunately LochNess just hasn’t come on quickly enough, still a year or two away. No doubt Stanley is done, but I don’t blame him, he’s been a great servant for us with the talent he has. But yeah, he’s cooked. We’ll need to find another way forward for 2024; Rhys will play some games and might play some ok ones. He’ll always try his darndest, we know that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back