Central Murray FL - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes I'm almost certain he plays 10 games throughout the season at district clubs all over Australia.

Waste of time, waste of money!!

I can understand a club paying the $$ for a champion player to run around for them on a Saturday afternoon, if the club - league is struggling and have never seen a champion play in there league. Seriously though, our league has seen its past VFL-AFL players. With the likes of White at Nyah, Boss at Tooleybuc, Lovett at the Tigers this year, Lalberts had Charles, Free and Ward, Swan Hill, Davies and Kerang has had there fair share also. I know there may be plenty more, but does a Club like Nyah really need to pay $$ for one game??

Waste of time, waste of money!!

I can understand a club paying the $$ for a champion player to run around for them on a Saturday afternoon, if the club - league is struggling and have never seen a champion play in there league. Seriously though, our league has seen its past VFL-AFL players. With the likes of White at Nyah, Boss at Tooleybuc, Lovett at the Tigers this year, Lalberts had Charles, Free and Ward, Swan Hill, Davies and Kerang has had there fair share also. I know there may be plenty more, but does a Club like Nyah really need to pay $$ for one game??

two reasons- 1- club advertising. 2- if you could turn $10,000 into $20,000 in one day would you do it??

I personally wouldn't like having a bloke come in, kid gets dropped etc for one game. But financially and club advertising, why not?

two reasons- 1- club advertising. 2- if you could turn $10,000 into $20,000 in one day would you do it??

I personally wouldn't like having a bloke come in, kid gets dropped etc for one game. But financially and club advertising, why not?

When they turn $10000 into $20000 because Akermanis plays. Please someone give me a call.

Why wouldn’t the club take the chance of having an ex-afl premiership player who has also won a brownlow having a run with them.

The club makes money from the gate & the extra bar sales and the young players get to gain some valuable experience from him. It’s a win win situation

Why wouldn’t the club take the chance of having an ex-afl premiership player who has also won a brownlow having a run with them.

The club makes money from the gate & the extra bar sales and the young players get to gain some valuable experience from him. It’s a win win situation

Not sure how much experience you get from having a bloke turn up and play one day.

Kids get experience by playing along side blokes like Wardy, Daryl White, Justin Davies and the others who commit to clubs for seasons and sepnd time with the young blokes

Having said that it is my opinion and I have no knowledge of how Akermanis goes about things at each of the clubs he turns out for

Hi kiethy!! Interesting thought, but actually our club has a code of conduct which everyone must follow. He wouldn't be treated any different to anyone else.. We try not to individualise!

Do you think nyah put one on white knowing his publicity with suspension. Wilson over his scene in Darwin? How many players recruited would be 100% squeaky clean. Do u think lalbert told ward to stay out of the tab? I'm tipping no!but look how good he has been for that town.

Seems unfair to have been slagged already when he would be a great drawcard for the league. Bet other clubs wouldn't mind his talent in their team.

Wouldve been tough few yrs. Ppl need to remember he was found not guilty. But whatever really, ppl are entitled to their own opinions. That's what this thread is for!!

Well said Telstra! Year of the tiger!!!

I'm almost certain that every year, every club has some sort of sportsman's night which includes a speaker. Why not have a speaker that can attract a huge number of people through the gate on game day and a huge number at the night. Any club would make a good return on having the mouth for a day.

Hi kiethy!! Interesting thought, but actually our club has a code of conduct which everyone must follow. He wouldn't be treated any different to anyone else.. We try not to individualise!

Do you think nyah put one on white knowing his publicity with suspension. Wilson over his scene in Darwin? How many players recruited would be 100% squeaky clean. Do u think lalbert told ward to stay out of the tab? I'm tipping no!but look how good he has been for that town.

Seems unfair to have been slagged already when he would be a great drawcard for the league. Bet other clubs wouldn't mind his talent in their team.

Wouldve been tough few yrs. Ppl need to remember he was found not guilty. But whatever really, ppl are entitled to their own opinions. That's what this thread is for!!

I wouldn't try and put White and Ward in the same sentence as Lovett.

Wondering how the Central Murray teams went in their practice matches if they had any. Nyah played Macorna I believe? Also, if there are any practice matches slated for the upcoming weekend? Kerang have one against Strathfieldsaye, be a good hit out I would think for Kerang.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wondering how the Central Murray teams went in their practice matches if they had any. Nyah played Macorna I believe? Also, if there are any practice matches slated for the upcoming weekend? Kerang have one against Strathfieldsaye, be a good hit out I would think for Kerang.

Lalbert play Congupna (coached by Mud O'Meara) this Sat out at Lalbert

Should be a good hit out for kerang. Strathfieldsaye should provide a good match. I see sportsbet must be having trouble getting the CMFL odds up. It will be interesting to see what odds they have. Anyone wanna have a crack?

I will say Swan Hill will be clear fav at about $1.90. Followed by kerang & barham at around $3.50

Woorienen will be worth putting some money on if there odds are high. They will be right up there this year by the sounds of it

Should be a good hit out for kerang. Strathfieldsaye should provide a good match. I see sportsbet must be having trouble getting the CMFL odds up. It will be interesting to see what odds they have. Anyone wanna have a crack?

I will say Swan Hill will be clear fav at about $1.90. Followed by kerang & barham at around $3.50

Woorienen will be worth putting some money on if there odds are high. They will be right up there this year by the sounds of it

Put barham up with Swan hill for me. Kerang not far behind them.

I don't think it would be a smart bet putting money on a team that finished where we did last yr. Long way to even consider getting close to the top teams, unrealistic.

I do think through the middle it will be very even & tight which is only good for the league.

Ron has heard a whisper that Akermanis has been linked to Nyah. Can anyone confirm this or was i just in a glass cage of emotion when i heard it?

I wonder if Nyah are still interested in Australias most hated individual at the moment.

Ill pay money just to watch someone punch the piece of s**t in the face!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back