Changes and discussion vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as it pains me....

I think the final bench should be Hunter Campbell Roberts

which would mean Honey, Stringer come out of the team and one from Bonti or Jong

In all seriousness though, this is the defensive match ups I would play

Wood - Lynch. Wood played well as an undersized KPD for the first four weeks, don't know why we shied away from it.
Young - Podsiadly. Young, being short and slow, can play on the shorter and slower key forwards. Don't want him on anybody else
Talia - Jenkins

Roberts to play forward and back and help out in case of poor rotations.

The one's kicked on Tom Williams.
Am I honestly the only one who thinks that Williams, despite having a poor game, wasn't as shocking as Young?
Henderson kicked his first three or four on Young, being burnt on the lead, before we had the sense to move him onto their slowest forward, Casbault.
They exploited his lack of pace, which opened up space for others and let Williams have to defend one out.

Am I honestly the only one who thinks that Williams, despite having a poor game, wasn't as shocking as Young?
Henderson kicked his first three or four on Young, being burnt on the lead, before we had the sense to move him onto their slowest forward, Casbault.
They exploited his lack of pace, which opened up space for others and let Williams have to defend one out.
Does it matter? both are spuds.

I agree. Young is terrible when isolated against tall opponents. He is an onballer.

No Moz sucks but happy with the inclusions I guess. Dickson named on the field, and the article on the Dogs page makes out like Campbell and Roberts would play. Obviously Roberts is a must, cannot go in with just Talia, Young and Wood! Even still, thats a hell of a lot of inexperience down back, Murph and Higgins are going to have to step up as the leaders they are.

Looks like we could be playing with you're standard set up for just about the first time all year. 2 proper talls and some 3rd talls down back, 1 KPF, a couple of mids and a proper resting ruck down forward.

Good to see Honey is getting close, but I wouldn't be bringing him in this week. Fletch, Campbell, Hunter, Bonts on the bench for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Dickson comes in I'd love to see Lachie go in the midfield (As I assume Jake will be dropped.:()

Don't think that's right. Henderson only kicked his first on Young (from a floater kick that everyone misjudged that landed on his chest) but I think Waite kicked all three on him? So call it a 4-4 draw.

Guessing stringer and Jong also out. Soooo

In - Roberts
Out - Williams

In - Dickson
Out - stringer

In - campbell
Out - Jong

In - hunter
Out - wallis
That's the most realistic approach.
We missed Hunter in the forward line and allow Jones to move the ground abit.

Just watched the Steven King video on the website and it sounds certain Campbell will be one of the ins.
I actually love the look of that forward line named, just looks very dangerous

Backline matchups I'd go:

Young - Lynch
Talia - Jenkins
Roberts - Pods
Wood - Betts (I'd rather Picken but just think he has to play on Danger, or maybe Boyd goes to him?)
Murphy - Patrenko

Also Rutten out for them is pretty big if we go with the forward line of Crameri, Jones, Campbell and maybe even Roberts.

With the drop of form Will has shown recently, he almost needs to be rested. Footscray watchers, any chance Campbell has been doing so well down there that he might actually replace Will?
well if he can replicate the average of 44 hit outs per game, it is a possibility

Yes, I think you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back