Preview Changes: R19 vs The Port Western Hawkdog Power

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s actually not an overrated stat , Richmond has largely built there success on it + a few star players

you’re right about Murphy though , he might be our best pressure player but that isn’t hard and he’s not doing it well enough to compensate for his poor offence

you’d drop him Rowe Mchenry and Berry if you could but there aren’t other options

Sad state of affairs
No. You’ve got it completely arse about. Richmond largely built their success on an elite midfield capable of kicking multiple goals a game, several great backmen, a combatative ruckman and a couple of elite key forwards. The pressure forwards capable of kicking a goal a game and laying a couple of tackles here and there was the cherry on top of an already tasty dessert.

Again, it’s depressing I know, but this year McAdam has kicked 1.54 goals a game. Murphy has 0.82, Rowe 0.5 and McHenry 0.44. McAdam has nearly got all three covered… and that’s combined. He categorically out performs all three when it comes to their main function - to kick goals. No amount of pressure acts can make up for their deficiencies as forwards.

No. You’ve got it completely arse about. Richmond largely built their success on an elite midfield capable of kicking multiple goals a game, several great backmen, a combatative ruckman and a couple of elite key forwards. The pressure forwards capable of kicking a goal a game and laying a couple of tackles here and there was the cherry on top of an already tasty dessert.

Again, it’s depressing I know, but this year McAdam has kicked 1.54 goals a game. Murphy has 0.82, Rowe 0.5 and McHenry 0.44. McAdam has nearly got all three covered… and that’s combined. He categorically out performs all three when it comes to their main function - to kick goals. No amount of pressure acts can make up for their deficiencies as forwards.
It’s not one or the other it’s both , Kozzy Pickett for example value is in the pressure as much as the offence and goals

it’s a collective thing

In: Doedee, Worrell, Sholl
Out: Mackay, Murray (inj), Rowe

B: McPherson, Butts, Doedee
HB: Jones, Worell, Hamill
C: Seedsman, Keays, Smith
HF: Lynch, Walker, McHenry
F: Murphy, Himmelberg, Sloane
R: O'Brien, Schoenberg, Laird
I: Kelly, Berry, Sholl, Fogarty

Matthew Nicks confirmed in his presser that Sloane will play every remaining game this season

Matthew Nicks confirmed in his presser that Sloane will play every remaining game this season
Confirms to me he needs to hit a "games played" trigger in the 3rd year to get more coin for next year. The club are letting him do it.

You can see that finger is bothering him. And he has not been great this year anyway

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It’s not one or the other it’s both , Kozzy Pickett for example value is in the pressure as much as the offence and goals

it’s a collective thing
Sure. It’s collective. But Richmond’s small forwards were the least important aspect of their premiership winning teams. And Picket has kicked 1.53 goals a games this year. That is, kicking goals is still the most important aspect of a small forwards game. If he had kicked 0.50 goals a game like our small forwards have but upped is defensive pressure by 100%, Melbourne would be worse off and no one would be raving about how good he’s been this year.

Nicks also confirmed Crouch will play another game in the SANFL.

Makes our changes easier then

Out: Murray (concussion), McPherson
In: Doedee, Frampton
God no on Frampton. No point. Just play McAsey or Worrell for Murray. Thilthorpe for Berg. Cook for McHenry aka Scrappy Doo. McAdam for Rowe. Newchurch for Murphy. Sloane out for surgery. Lynch out for Gollant. Mackay out. Doedee in.

Last edited:
It’s actually not an overrated stat , Richmond has largely built there success on it + a few star players

you’re right about Murphy though , he might be our best pressure player but that isn’t hard and he’s not doing it well enough to compensate for his poor offence

you’d drop him Rowe Mchenry and Berry if you could but there aren’t other options

Sad state of affairs

Just checked and he's behind Berry for pressure acts and only 0.7 ahead of Pedlar. Safe to say it's not that stat that differentiates him from those 2 kids. Berry out this week or next for Crouch. Murphy should be sent back to the 2s, but we know it won't happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everything is coming up Billy this week

Gets 31 touches down back in the SANFL with the ball spending 90% of the time at his end

One of our key defenders gets injured

Main competitor for the spot McAsey is a forward now

It's like D Mac's selection planets aligning

I don't see how anyone who watched the game could list McPherson as an out. Was our best ball user today by a mile. 20 disposals at 90%.

Of course. There is no way we should drop him and there is no way we should bring in Frampton

What the Crows will do is a totally different story

Sholl back in this week I reckon. Selection pressure on D Mac. Even our selectors wouldn't have been able to ignore what they just saw.

However... Chayce Jones corkie on the hip. Might need a week off as a precaution.

Who do we have who can pinch hit down back?

Golden Rule

Move Smith into midfield rotation. Send Sloane for surgery, move Berry and Schoenberg into midfield with Kaeys and put Laird back to HB.

Send Rowe back to the DANFL and bring in Cook or Gollant
Nicks said Sloane missed the boat to have surgery on his finger and fix it 100%. Whether he does it now or at the end of the year won't make a difference on recovery now and he'll be fine to start pre-season next year so he'll play out the season.

Ins. Strauchnie and billy only two who can put up hand to be elevated based on form from the magoos That’s the sad thing

doedee return no one else deserves to be upgraded this week slim Pickings on form

many could be dropped though

Nicks said Sloane missed the boat to have surgery on his finger and fix it 100%. Whether he does it now or at the end of the year won't make a difference on recovery now and he'll be fine to start pre-season next year so he'll play out the season.
You can never miss the boat

You’d actually drop all our small forwards if you could - Rowe , Murphy , Mchenry , Berry

But there are 0 players to bring in to play that position

massive failure by recruiting and list management

as much as the lack of genuine
AFL standard midfielders

only Berry looks a maybe AFL player by my eye , the rest wouldn’t get listed by another AFL team in the comp if we delisted them at end of year
Rowe could be too, but in a team no so reliant on defensive pressure.

I'd send him back to the 2s for the rest of the season and make him play as a small defender. Go on Jimmy, let's see if you've got the stomach to work hard enough

Confirms to me he needs to hit a "games played" trigger in the 3rd year to get more coin for next year. The club are letting him do it.

You can see that finger is bothering him. And he has not been great this year anyway

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Ridiculous suggestion.

He's playing because he thinks it's the best thing for the club and that we will be embarrassing without him.

We probably would be - and he still probably should go in for surgery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back