Preview Changes - Round 6 vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

If we can't beat the blues who have a number of key players missing while we are practically full strength, plus a week after a pretty solid performance against port then this season is over

At full strength we are not

Glass, waters, hurn, lecras, Ellis and mcginnity missing

I said practically. Waters has been out forever. Mcginnity and Ellis are border 22 players at this point. All we are really missing is Glass and Hurn who we have pretty decent replacements for. Lecras the biggest one, but our forward line is still better then Blues. Our midfield is full. To use injuries/suspensions as an excuse in this one doesn't fly.

I agree, they just bought Garlett back too. To go with Yarran.

Our backline has considerably more speed now with Yeo and Benell then it did in 2013, so there is always that to consider.

Yarran has playing as a HBF with license to roam. Menzel and Garlett will be our small forwards.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using Tapatalk

I said practically. Waters has been out forever. Mcginnity and Ellis are border 22 players at this point. All we are really missing is Glass and Hurn who we have pretty decent replacements for. Lecras the biggest one, but our forward line is still better then Blues. Our midfield is full. To use injuries/suspensions as an excuse in this one doesn't fly.
Ellis isn't borderline 22. Will be an underrated loss to the team while unfit.

Ellis isn't borderline 22. Will be an underrated loss to the team while unfit.

There's many players I would consider in front of Ellis, and I don't think he will be a giant loss, If that's the case then we are in trouble because he will go down a lot in the future

There's many players I would consider in front of Ellis, and I don't think he will be a giant loss, If that's the case then we are in trouble because he will go down a lot in the future
If fit, he's best 22. Simpson has pretty much said as much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ellis isn't a giant loss. All the best sides have some outs and manage to win just fine. If an injury prone older player is crucial to our success then we are in trouble. I tend to be more optimistic. We have some youth coming up that are more then capable to have a good crack at it, especially in defence.

Ellis isn't a giant loss. All the best sides have some outs and manage to win just fine. If an injury prone older player is crucial to our success then we are in trouble. I tend to be more optimistic. We have some youth coming up that are more then capable to have a good crack at it, especially in defence.

I disagree. Ellis has been brilliant off half back.

That improves our chances. ;)

Squads too tall for my liking, would of preferred Tunners in for Hill, Carter in for Ellis and McGov to chf. Put Yeo into the midfield and let him do his thing as part of the rotations. We need him & Sheed up to speed ASAP if we're ever gonna improve this midfield. Can't believe MCGinnity travelled again.

Nice low key session with the boys today.

All took part, including Butler and Brennan.

Butler was training with the midfielders, Brennan and Gov with the defenders.

Jack Darling went to have a long chat with Simmo half way through the session.

Lots of jokes and chatter, really low intensity, just the boys tuning up for tomorrow and getting the legs fresh.

ellis has some class , but he is no yeo . he is just not athletic enough for the modern man...
not durable enough for long term consideration. would prefer carter or tunbridge in the team , at least while hurn is out

ellis has some class , but he is no yeo . he is just not athletic enough for the modern man...
not durable enough for long term consideration. would prefer carter or tunbridge in the team , at least while hurn is out

Ellis is one of the best ball users in our team (esp by foot) when under pressure. Very smart footballer and a much needed member of our backline.
Do people here actually watch any of our games?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back