Fixture Changes v Plastics Round 8

Remove this Banner Ad

some exaggeration there - just saying that both Garcia and West have natural aggression (good) but both are prone to overdoing it. Which probably plays into why Bev selects certain players over them. A matter of trust, and we know how much Bev hates a lack of discipline.

I think coming in to the side to add pressure and aggression while also being on the fringe and knowing you are at risk of being dropped for making mistakes could explain Garcia and Wests last couple of games to some extent. They seem to overthink or overdo it in an attempt to carve out a role in the side. They also both get played out of position…but so do a few others so I don’t think it’s much of an excuse for them.
This out of position stuff is on every fan forum for every club. Players have to earn their favoured position. This isn’t the under 8s not everyone gets to play on ball. Neither of them are good enough at this point to play in our midfield. I want to see both of the dominant in the midfield in the VFL on a consistent basis before I am convinced

Have a look who brought the ball to ground to get the stoppage where Daniel kicked his goal,

If you stop wanting Lobb to fail you'll realise he is playing his role just fine and is a significant upgrade to Cordy and Schache
Yep the negativiyt on Lobb is ridiculous. He is doing exactly what we need him to do all after having an in season ankle operation. Part of Englishes improvement is due to Lobb being a reliable back up

Will be a tough game, GWS has been competitive in every single outing, even the Eagles loss isn't that bad when you consider they had just played in horrible conditions in round 1. I feel our midfield and forward line have a distinct advantage, particularly big Timmy.
Every game is tough

Curnow loves playing against us. I’d stick Jones on him and try to intercept mark or drop English back every chance he gets to double team. I suspect he’ll kick a bag whatever we do. Hopefully our own forward line can fire as I doubt we will win the game defensively. I do think McKay is overrated so if we can find a way to kill Curnows opportunities we are a good chance. Would love to see us tag Cripps but I don’t see Bevo taking that very obvious pathway to victory sadly….
Carlton are s**t Tasmania will play finals before them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised McNeil is out but Libba makes us better so someone has to go.
Not a fan of the three talls in the backline. Would have liked Buku to replace TOB given he is injured. Just like a bit more run from defence that imo we don’t get with 3 “big” talls back there.
In Bev we trust.
Gardiner and Jones both mobile

I’m not sure what’s occurred the past few weeks but it appears that Beveridge and the match committee have actually been picking a resemblance of the best 22 and players in their correct positions. It’s only taken about 5 years for this to happen.
LOL there is some crap on this board

Remove this Banner Ad

Back