Changes v Sydney Rd 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Hypothetically if we beat the Swans (I'm not confident at all, hate the SCG and the Swans are very much seasoned like the Hawks), is the lid well and truly off? Being 4-1 with a game against St Kilda the following week?

Unchanged.

If Stringer is less than 100% keep him on ice for the saints, barring that I'm happy with where the team is at.

Cordy should give a good account of himself against both the Swans (Pyke) and St Kilda (Longer) so lets give him the two weeks to remain in that number 1 spot.

What we have realised against the crows is that ruck dominance counts for SFA if you keep turning it over. Thanks crows :p

Does Pyke go forward much? Or does he rest on the bench?

Would like Roughead to just follow Tippet into the ruck, but not sure if we need more defensive cover in that instance.

Would like Roughead to just follow Tippet into the ruck, but not sure if we need more defensive cover in that instance.

Reid is now a midfielder :rolleyes: (yes you heard that correctly) and Goodes is in the 2s. Just Tippett and Franklin up there. Roughead to run with Tippett, Talia to Buddy, Woody to intercept all of them.

Also Cordy IMO a better defender than forward so he can just follow pyke if needed.

Shame on all the people who wanted Ayce dropped! When he kicked the first goal of the match he gave yous all a big **** you! I say let the MC do there job and all you wanna bees shut the **** up!
Haha your going to last long on here

Minson might come back in because of the smaller ground making clearances more important. And Minson led the league for total clearances among Ruckmen in each of the last two years.

No pyke has pushed back a bit more

Tippett takes the ruck and pyke starts as a bench player takes over more as the game goes

Rohan and towers were forward til towers got dropped for some bs reason

Reid will be back pushing up usually as a potato but played a good game v freo

Looking forward to a good game good luck

Reid is now a midfielder :rolleyes: (yes you heard that correctly) and Goodes is in the 2s. Just Tippett and Franklin up there. Roughead to run with Tippett, Talia to Buddy, Woody to intercept all of them.

Also Cordy IMO a better defender than forward so he can just follow pyke if needed.

He had his best game of his entire career on Saturday (not necessarily saying much). Reid's game shows what he can produce and he was the main positive in our loss to Fremantle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Minson might come back in because of the smaller ground making clearances more important. And Minson led the league for total clearances among Ruckmen in each of the last two years.

Im not sure I think if we have a watertight zone we could make it so much more difficult for sydney to get it out of defensive 50. The more repeat inside 50's we have the more we will get on top. Small ground will make our zone very difficult to break open.

Only change I would suggest would be Hrovat out for Wallis if his back is settled. Probs put Honey on the ground and Grant as sub this week too.

I'm tempted to bring in Hamling, Sydney have such a dangerous forward line and I think Talia and Roughy need some help against Buddy and Tippett. I reckon Hamling could be very effective in supporting those guys with two on ones. I didn't see the VFL game but I heard he come off hurt so he probably isn't fit plus there is the issue of who do you drop for him.

I find some posters analysis of performances perplexing at best and ........ At worst.

Now I am no fan of Ayce at all, but yesterday his role was to negate Jacobs. So many comments about him being monstered by Jacobs pointing to the hit out discrepancy. Well if hit outs are not to advantage they are as meaningless as cheap chip around kicks. We only lost midfield clearances by 2, yes 2 so that monstering was so effective. Jacobs was involved in no score involvements and Ayce did not give up any goals or costly turnovers with undisciplined free kicks.

Those calling for Minson to come back in after this week, really do you understand the team game of football
Sydney is a different ball game though. Pykes a stronger ruckman that Cordy probably won't be as good a match up for and it could quite possibly be a wet day on a smaller more congested ground against the Swans who are on another level to Adelaide with their inside mid brigade. There will be a lot more stoppages and we cannot afford to be dominated in the hit outs this week as with our midfield outs (Libba and Wal) their midfield will get way on top and we just will not be able to get our hands on the ball. So maybe just maybe we also understand the game of football, just have different ideas to you. If thats okay?

Our zone defence will be easier to implement and I think we have good match ups for their forward line. 2nd ruck shouldn't be an issue as Rough can just follow Tippet in like he did yesterday. We won't have as much space to move the ball in so our contested side will have to be up to scratch to match the swans, if we can still manage to move the ball at pace though that could actually be the difference and a part of the game we could jump them in. Must be on our game and pressure the absolute s**t out of them.

I actually don't think we match up too badly at all across the ground and I'm very confident we will be competitive and give it a good crack. Whether we can get over the line or not well its a very tough ask but I'm feeling pretty good after yesterday. If we managed to pull this off it would be ******* huge. ******* huge!!!!!

I'm tempted to bring in Hamling, Sydney have such a dangerous forward line and I think Talia and Roughy need some help against Buddy and Tippett. I reckon Hamling could be very effective in supporting those guys with two on ones. I didn't see the VFL game but I heard he come off hurt so he probably isn't fit plus there is the issue of who do you drop for him.

Stringer. Complete spud and should be given a week off to think about his on field performances.

Hamling came back on the ground not long after. He's fit and has been playing great. I loved our defensive set up at the moment. With the SCG being smaller, it'll should hold up if the midfield pressure is there.

Edit: leaving my mistakes in because my English is gud.

Was thinking I'd like Hamling in this week too. Also Hunter cannot be far off, I'd give Hrovat another week to show a bit more but theres people knocking on the door so you don't have the luxury of finding form in the seniors at the moment. So if Hrovat doesn't improve a lot this week (wasn't bad but he wasn't that good either) and Hunter kills it again its a no brainer next week for mine. If Wallis is ready he has to come in and Hrovat might be the unlucky one this week.

In my opinion we need to try and get Hrovat to string a bunch of games together, wasn't great yesterday but wasn't bad either. We all should know that a bit of continuity can bring about a big improvement in players.

In my opinion we need to try and get Hrovat to string a bunch of games together, wasn't great yesterday but wasn't bad either. We all should know that a bit of continuity can bring about a big improvement in players.
I agree with that, but to be completely honest Hrovat has never really had to earn his spot as hard as Hunter has. Continuity is huge in a players game, but theres no reason he can't get that at VFL level and start dominating there a little bit. If there was no one knocking on the door fair enough but Hunter has done more than enough to earn a spot now and I think it would be harsh to not give him an opportunity considering Hrovat, who is playing a similar role to what Hunter would be, isn't setting the world on fire.

IN: Hunter, Campbell.
OUT: Hrovat (needs continuity in the seconds I feel), Cordy.

I'm probably of the unpopular opinion that Campbell can play the same role Cordy did yesterday but better because he is better and actually a 1st ruckman.

I'd be tempted to bring in a 3rd tall defender but Roberts & Hamling were only ok and the Swans don't really play Reid forward anymore so you don't need 3 KPD's. Be a great test for Roughy and Talia on Tippett and Franklin however.

I'd love to see the reaction if Cordy actually played a decent game, but he appears to now be a lock.

Hunter should come in as he's a better player than Honeychurch and Hrovat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back