Prediction Changes vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Long and expansive interview by Bevo. After listening, I get the feeling that Jake will not be playing VFL anytime soon and that Libba and Adams will be lucky to play again this year.

That makes no sense at all. If he's injured, rest him. There's no point in Stringer playing VFL!
I agree...just have a mate that has his ear to ground at Whitten oval....asked if he meant being rested and he was firm in that he is to be dropped....not sure if he is stirring the pot though he has given me reliable info in the past

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's having an opinion on something have to do with ever playing the game? threenewpadlocks is one of the most knowledgeable and well respected posters on our forum.
Cheers mate,
Well it is true I never played past Auskick!

Ok thinking about the player/staff member on crutches in a moon boot, now the only player that I didn't spot was Dickson.

Now when he was leaving the track he didn't look like anyone I knew so made think it was a staff member.

What I love to say is that, statistically speaking, only 10% of all chains of possession league-wide result in scores.
How you really determine how good a defensive is is how they structure behind the ball and increase the number of the 90%, or force the 90% to be not inside 50's at all (forcing a stoppage 70m from goal, and not 40m from goal).

Only about one in three possession chains result in inside 50's. Whilst some of that is inside midfielders laying tackles etc. to force repeat stoppages, a large portion of it is how the defence structures up behind the ball.

Roberts is a key part of that. I think he's a very intelligent footy player - he reads the play well, and despite his relative inexperience and youth, he understands defensive schemes well and communicates with his other defenders well.

He's also a low-risk player. He often takes kick-outs, for example, not because he's a great kick, but he always s the reliable option and understands the limitations as a player with ball in hand. You won't get a clanger with him kicking out from goal.

If you're looking at how he defends inside 50's or defends one-on-one marking contests, you're only looking at a maximum of one third of the whole of defence. Our excellent defence this year isn't because we necessarily defend our opposition inside 50's better than other teams, but we structure behind the ball very well to stifle opposition ball movement which Roberts is part of that defensive structure unit.

Could not have said it better myself :D

YOU MUST BE JOCKING!!!!

Watch the game over he cost us 5 Goals he cant turn.. Hamling is 10 times the footballer its time to give up on the Guy.... People will stop going to the games if he plays..

No I am not joking. I just think that sometimes when a player makes a costly mistake error, or has bad form, it can be embedded in people's minds forever. The guy is improving each week. Give him some credit. Will he ever be a super defender ala Lake, not sure, but the guy is contributing. Get over it. I spoke to Bevo and told him to play Roberts again this week and and the DRINK said "of course perro_loco, whatever you say". So get used to it! He will play again on Sunday and the week after, because I told Bevo. :cool:

Not a fan of resting Stringer either (unless absolutely need be). This is his chance to get some goals and some confidence (alongside Boydy).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back