News Chelsea Randall joins coaching Team

Remove this Banner Ad

This is awesome. I hope it's more than a token role. She's better than that and deserves to have a real impact.
Considering they'd probably want her to play some sort of coaching role in the future whether that be AFL or AFLW, why not invest in her now especially at a discounted price. She definitely has more experience in development programs than AFL players that go into coaching/development after their careers are over.

Part of a woman’s coaching program which gets women into a coaching role with the mens teams. Daisy Pearce and others also taken the role with other clubs. Not sure it had anything to do withwhether she is the best person for the job or just the best female person for the job
Considering it's a scholarship for womens coaching, I would say she is the best female for the scholarship. In time, she will show that she is the best person for whatever role she applies for. She also listed her experiences within development programs and coaching since she was 17. That's a lot longer than AFL players that get gifted roles so they can stay within the club.

Considering they'd probably want her to play some sort of coaching role in the future whether that be AFL or AFLW, why not invest in her now especially at a discounted price. She definitely has more experience in development programs than AFL players that go into coaching/development after their careers are over.
100% agree with that. I just hope we really embrace it and she doesn't run in to limits on what she can do and apply for.
I hope she ends up our mens AFL defensive coach or even (the shock) our mens AFL head coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back