Universal Love Chris Judd *11/8 Update - Set to play on in 2015*

Remove this Banner Ad

If it looked like he was slowing down or struggling to have an impact on a match then I'd be more than comfortable in saying he should hang up the boots.

Seeing him over the past month, nothing could be further from my mind.

There is no doubting that he isn't playing at the highest level he built his reputation on but he's still travelling at around 80-85% which is still as good as, or better than, a lot of players in the league.

He'd easily be in the top 10 players at our club and for that reason alone, we need him to go around one more time.

I'd argue his current form is as good as it's been since 2011. Which is remarkable considering the injuries and lack of preparation. He looks to have slimmed down and with Gibbs taking over as our premier clearance player, he's playing more as a receiver in congestion, where he can use his burst speed to full effect.

Might not be getting as much as the ball but he's kicking it better and moving more freely. I'd love to see what he could do with a full preseason under his belt and lesser duties next year. Will be shattered if he retires now.

His kicking lately has been deadly. Surely we could squeeze one more year out of him as more of an outside mid?

If he retired this year, he's retiring too soon IMO. He'll be 31 in September. Could rotate through the midfield and the forward line easily for two more years at least

If it looked like he was slowing down or struggling to have an impact on a match then I'd be more than comfortable in saying he should hang up the boots.

Seeing him over the past month, nothing could be further from my mind.

There is no doubting that he isn't playing at the highest level he built his reputation on but he's still travelling at around 80-85% which is still as good as, or better than, a lot of players in the league.

He'd easily be in the top 10 players ever at our club and for that reason alone, we need him to go around one more time.

Retirement is, obviously, out of the question.

But the club should offer Juddy an extended unpaid sabbatical.

Chris probably has a few things to kick off the bucket list, e.g.

• Climb Mt Everest (altitude training)
  • Broker a 2-state solution in Palestine (spiritual nourishment)
  • Win the London marathon (endurance training)

That sort of thing... :p

Timmy Watson came back refreshed to play in the 1993 GF (if you'd forgotten!) after a break revitalized him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Retirement is, obviously, out of the question.

But the club should offer Juddy an extended unpaid sabbatical.

Chris probably has a few things to kick off the bucket list, e.g.

• Climb Mt Everest (altitude training)
  • Broker a 2-state solution in Palestine (spiritual nourishment)
  • Win the London marathon (endurance training)

That sort of thing... :p

Timmy Watson came back refreshed to play in the 1993 GF (if you'd forgotten!) after a break revitalized him.
I don't ever recall there being a 1993.

Last edited:
He might be done with footy, injuries or not. Never struck me as a player who was really gonna miss it. Just another stage in the life of CJUDD3VOTES.

not sure I agree. I hear a lot of people saying "whats to prove? He's done it all. Why go on?" (Looking at you Kingy, you flog)

Because he loves playing the game.

I recall an interview with him, think Mike Sheehan, and Juddy himself addressed this myth hat he doesn't really love the game. He may not watch every game, but he stressed how much he loves playing, the competition of it all, and comradery of running out there every Saturday (or 4:40 Sunday) with 21 mates

Is he not the same as Hodgey? I know he's had a heavier load his career but I haven't heard anyone calling for Luke to retire.

C Judd could go around another 3 years. It's whether mentally he can.
Difference is that Hodge seems to be one of those blokes who lives for footy. Judd on the other hand is one who simply plays because he's good at it.

Judd seems to be a perfectionist. Wouldn't play if he feels as though he can't get the best out of himself.

Difference is that Hodge seems to be one of those blokes who lives for footy. Judd on the other hand is one who simply plays because he's good at it.

Judd seems to be a perfectionist. Wouldn't play if he feels as though he can't get the best out of himself.

Looks like he is getting more than the best out of himself

I'm bemused that everyone keeps trotting out this line, as if theyre trying to guilt him in to retirement. Has he said that this year?

Its as if Judd announcing him playing on would seem selfish from this point after everyone keeps saying this

Looks like he is getting more than the best out of himself

I'm bemused that everyone keeps trotting out this line, as if theyre trying to guilt him in to retirement. Has he said that this year?

Its as if Judd announcing him playing on would seem selfish from this point after everyone keeps saying this
I was more implying that he might feel as though he won't be able to do the same next season after going through an intense preseason.

I was more implying that he might feel as though he won't be able to do the same next season after going through an intense preseason.

Everybody is implying that, with no real evidence or need. Hes playing extremely well, as are many other 30 year olds who nobody is saying this about

Its strange and I cant help but feel that this is a retiring by media, he'd be near red faced sitting there announcing hes playing on after everyone has been raising an eyebrow at him saying "well are you are going to get the BEST out of yourself?"

Everybody is implying that, with no real evidence or need. Hes playing extremely well, as are many other 30 year olds who nobody is saying this about

Its strange and I cant help but feel that this is a retiring by media, he'd be near red faced sitting there announcing hes playing on after everyone has been raising an eyebrow at him saying "well are you are going to get the BEST out of yourself?"
Sorry but Judd has indicated himself numerous times that he's unsure.

Sorry but Judd has indicated himself numerous times that he's unsure.

Yes and as I understand it its because he has other interest outside of footy, has he said hes not sure if his physically able to play on?

If its a clear choice of business or football, why is everyone talking about his ability to play?

He seems to be a different player this year. It's as though he's merged WC Judd with Carlton Judd. He is still doing the inside stuff, but he is most definitely finding a lot more space than usual and the impact he has when running free is deadly. You only have to look at his delivery to our forwards, it's been superb.

It's hard to explain, but he seems to have this spark back. And I don't just mean his speed. His all round game has lifted and it's so exciting.

Surely he can't retire now.

Play on, Juddy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back