The Rusty Trombone

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2007
K Mart Car Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
World Donkey Punch Championships
I've read another article where Newman is keen to go around again next year and on the club website so there is a huge possibility it may happen. I was just wondering if we might be able to talk Nick Maxwell and Dom Cassissi into going around one more year with him. Both experienced players , premiership players and like Newman guys like Madonna , Miles , Arnott , O Hanlon and Hellbig can learn heaps off them at training and watching them run around in the firsts while they work on their games for in the VFL for another year.

With club looking to go deep into this years draft I think the more of these 30 plus players hanging around the club the better , it's just the way the game is going .

I've read another article where Newman is keen to go around again next year and on the club website so there is a huge possibility it may happen. I was just wondering if we might be able to talk Nick Maxwell and Dom Cassissi into going around one more year with him. Both experienced players , premiership players and like Newman guys like Madonna , Miles , Arnott , O Hanlon and Hellbig can learn heaps off them at training and watching them run around in the firsts while they work on their games for in the VFL for another year.

With club looking to go deep into this years draft I think the more of these 30 plus players hanging around the club the better , it's just the way the game is going .

1. Says who?
2. If we go deep into the draft but keep Newman, Helbig, O'Hanlon and Arnot who exactly is leaving for us to go deep into the draft?

john-lackey.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he has already stated that he wants to stay in the club and the club does not agree with him... awkward...

Reminds me of when Sugar Kane Johnson thanked a bunch of players at the JD a few years back wishing them the best for the future...before the club had told those players they were being delisted :p

Love Newy and he deserves to be treated with respect by the club and allowed to call time when he feels it right. I personally don't think he's in the 22 anymore but if he's fit enough, could still be handy to have around the club as a depth option.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back