News Chris Newman discusses and signs for 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Another 12 possession game with no tackles this week.its getting a bit monotonous from Chris.Really struggled against the speed of the young kids today.We surely are carrying the old warrior to the end of this season.
Am I over reacting or do people see it as I do?

Have to agree. You could see from the last few games of last year he was loosing his sharpness. Has only had 1 game this year where he wasn't in the bottom 4-5 players for us.

Father Time has caught up with him, no knock on him it happens to everyone.

Another 12 possession game with no tackles this week.its getting a bit monotonous from Chris.Really struggled against the speed of the young kids today.We surely are carrying the old warrior to the end of this season.
No, spot on TI. You can tell he wants to go on, but I think Dimma will give him the nudge come year's end.

Maybe, maybe not.... The tackles was not a Newy issue, it was a team issue. 31 for the game is crap, even though it was an outside, semi-bruise free game.

I don't mind him being on the list (although I suspect he might retire) provided he has to earn his spot like everyone else. I would not expect him to get 22 games a season, he may need a bit of extra rest to keep him fresh. It's what is not seen with Newy that may well dictate whether he gets another year and whether he should. It's the leadership, the training, the work with younger players etc. His spot in the team is the easy one, it's based on form. When someone is playing better than him in his position, they should play instead of him...

However, it might be best for all parties if he does pull the pin.... so his last season was spent in the seniors

Maybe, maybe not.... The tackles was not a Newy issue, it was a team issue. 31 for the game is crap, even though it was an outside, semi-bruise free game.

I don't mind him being on the list (although I suspect he might retire) provided he has to earn his spot like everyone else. I would not expect him to get 22 games a season, he may need a bit of extra rest to keep him fresh. It's what is not seen with Newy that may well dictate whether he gets another year and whether he should. It's the leadership, the training, the work with younger players etc. His spot in the team is the easy one, it's based on form. When someone is playing better than him in his position, they should play instead of him...

However, it might be best for all parties if he does pull the pin.... so his last season was spent in the seniors
Leadership is no longer an issue with us as Cotchin and Rance have that covered with a plethora of young kids also stepping up. In actual fact Chris' lack of presence is really contrary that he has leadership anymore. We need people to lead by example and if you're not getting it ,tackling or doing 1%ers are you leading???
250 games would be the ideal finale for the old warrior IMO

Leadership is no longer an issue with us as Cotchin and Rance have that covered with a plethora of young kids also stepping up. In actual fact Chris' lack of presence is really contrary that he has leadership anymore. We need people to lead by example and if you're not getting it ,tackling or doing 1%ers are you leading???
250 games would be the ideal finale for the old warrior IMO

I wasn't talking about just on-field with the leadership stuff.... There is so much of leadership that happens outside the game itself...

Look I'm firmly in the belief that this should be his last season but I'll understand if he gets a spot on the list in front of Helbig, O'Hanon etc

I just hope he retires... he can help out with coaching the backs...

I wasn't talking about just on-field with the leadership stuff.... There is so much of leadership that happens outside the game itself...

Look I'm firmly in the belief that this should be his last season but I'll understand if he gets a spot on the list in front of Helbig, O'Hanon etc

I just hope he retires... he can help out with coaching the backs...
We weren't referring to off field stuff. The issue is he earning his keep on the field????Read the posts carefully buddy as its obvious he is great off field ,but we need a goer on the field

I agree TI. One season too long in my book. The game gets faster and he gets slower.

Played well and kept us in the game against WC...
West Coast game was played in a bog
Conditions suited his speed and he still touched it only 12 x .
Im not convinced we should compromise our list for another season. On a dry track yesterday he was left for dead and on wet track last work he was good in two small patches early in two quarters then went missing.
It shouldn't be left up to him as this is a list management issue and important to where the club is going long term

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast game was played in a bog
Conditions suited his speed and he still touched it only 12 x .
Im not convinced we should compromise our list for another season. On a dry track yesterday he was left for dead and on wet track last work he was good in two small patches early in two quarters then went missing.
It shouldn't be left up to him as this is a list management issue and important to where the club is going long term

And they were a hard earned solid 12 X...everyone of them...no mistakes...

We weren't referring to off field stuff. The issue is he earning his keep on the field????Read the posts carefully buddy as its obvious he is great off field ,but we need a goer on the field

I think he's very near the end on-field but someone still needs to come in and deliver to replace him form the VFL. The only guy who can play down back and has anywhere remotely near his footskills and composure would be McDonough who is best suited to midfield/forward line. Now I'd give him first crack over the pre-season and to be honest I'd pick him for next game but other than him.... That's not great depth. This might be what allows Newy to stay on the list for one more year. Again, I hope he doesn't try to go around again....

I think he's very near the end on-field but someone still needs to come in and deliver to replace him form the VFL. The only guy who can play down back and has anywhere remotely near his footskills and composure would be McDonough who is best suited to midfield/forward line. Now I'd give him first crack over the pre-season and to be honest I'd pick him for next game but other than him.... That's not great depth. This might be what allows Newy to stay on the list for one more year. Again, I hope he doesn't try to go around again....
Aren't we getting a big fish? With the war chest and Newman's wages I believe we could get a serviceable replacement
I reckon Arnott madonna or oh are passed him already
12 possies a game doesn't require much beating IMO

Aren't we getting a big fish? With the war chest and Newman's wages I believe we could get a serviceable replacement

Arnot doesn't have the footskills to play his role.... McDonough is the closest thing we have. After him.... no-one. Not sure about the big fish.... who could we get?

Interestingly, your right doesn't require much beating. So why hasn't someone done it yet ?? Could it be there is more to this than meets the total number of touches ?

Interestingly, your right doesn't require much beating. So why hasn't someone done it yet ?? Could it be there is more to this than meets the total number of touches ?
You would be surprised with a kid that could step up if given a go
He's getting a gig only so he can march to 250 games and deservedly so if it makes him feel better
It couldn't be on form based

Arnot doesn't have the footskills to play his role.... McDonough is the closest thing we have. After him.... no-one. Not sure about the big fish.... who could we get?
Go on the big fish thread as the last time I looked we were down to Higgins. Lmao if it's him
What about OHanlon ?He got almost the same possies in just over a quarter of footy last time he played

Remove this Banner Ad

Back