List Mgmt. Chris Yarran - Welcome!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This from the Yarran thread on Carlton's board.......
I cant even read the yarran trade thread anymore, the amount of brain dead richmond flogs on there is too much for me. Personally i want 12 instead of lennon especially if we land some of the GWS boys. Over the next 3 years we need as many high draft picks as we can get. Fill the spine with talls this year (weitering, plowman, weideman? collins?) and build around it over the next 3-4 years. 12 & 31 for yarran and 20 get it done

If we do any deal for him involving our first pick or Lennon, I will be filthy. I would rather see him stay at Carlton and see out his contract and get him for nothing next year. Yarran may be a good pick up for us but he is damaged goods and a risk. You only give up 1st round picks for damaged goods if they are deadset match winning guns. Even then it's just as likely to backfire as it is to succeed (Fevola, Lovett, Daisy)

Uuummmm, let me see, they have #18 and will not be afraid to use it.

You on the other hand are lowballing with a second-rounder and a fringe player.

Clearly you are keen on him (you have been speaking to him for ages) as you know he will give you something you are missing onfield ......... pony up Tiggers !!!

Nah, Hawks can have him.

If we do any deal for him involving our first pick or Lennon, I will be filthy. I would rather see him stay at Carlton and see out his contract and get him for nothing next year. Yarran may be a good pick up for us but he is damaged goods and a risk. You only give up 1st round picks for damaged goods if they are deadset match winning guns. Even then it's just as likely to backfire as it is to succeed (Fevola, Lovett, Daisy)

There is one thing that I cannot work out here.

If Yarran is damaged goods, then why has your club chased him so hard and for so long then ??

Clearly you are keen on him (you have been speaking to him for ages) as you know he will give you something you are missing onfield ......... pony up Tiggers !!!

So you have spoken to hawthorn and you know they are willing to part with their first for him?

lmao f**king flog. F**k off.

Just don't read anything they post on there board or if they sneak in here and post anything. It really could cause brain damagamage.

If the Bloos want a rd 1 pick, Hawthorn probably in a better position as their round 1 pick is much less valuable than ours. I hope this doesn't throw a spanner in the works.

Edit: oops thought this was the BH thread sorry mods

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is one thing that I cannot work out here.

If Yarran is damaged goods, then why has your club chased him so hard and for so long then ??

Carlton fans have peddled this argument so many times that I've seen. It's not like just because we've shown interest we'll be willing to throw whatever we have at him. It's a simple cost/benefit equation. We believe he may be worth a punt for a second rounder and sweetener, NOT a first.

Unless you're throwing something else in of course.

Ban him.

Also, even if you get our first, cleaning the Carlton off the player is what helps them succeed. So you'll never get anyone good, because they can't be good, they're at campaigneron

Carlton fans have peddled this argument so many times that I've seen. It's not like just because we've shown interest we'll be willing to throw whatever we have at him. It's a simple cost/benefit equation. We believe he may be worth a punt for a second rounder and sweetener, NOT a first.

Unless you're throwing something else in of course.

See, this is where we differ.

Taking punt on a player normally involves a late pick, not a second-rounder. Also, taking a punt is based on the said club believing they can turn the said player into something they've never been.

If you look past 2015, you will know all too well that Yarran has exquisite disposal skills and pace to burn, he is an excellent kick for goal and tackles hard. The only thing he lacks is motivation and you'd be backing Dimma to get his head in the right place more often because that is when he plays at his best which is also near unstoppable.

So you have spoken to hawthorn and you know they are willing to part with their first for him?

lmao f**king flog. F**k off.
Ignore him, just a carltoon flog who has no understanding of how trade week happens, thinks it will be an auction LOL, Yarran has nominated Richmond which means Yarran will get to Richmond, other clubs are well within their rights to INQUIRE about players as i'm sure every club did with Danger but that normally gets a " thanks we are flattered but my client has made up his mind and will play at X club "

Taking punt on a player normally involves a late pick, not a second-rounder. Also, taking a punt is based on the said club believing they can turn the said player into something they've never been.

If you look past 2015, you will know all too well that Yarran has exquisite disposal skills and pace to burn, he is an excellent kick for goal and tackles hard. The only thing he lacks is motivation and you'd be backing Dimma to get his head in the right place more often because that is when he plays at his best which is also near unstoppable.
Look, you are wasting your time trying to convince us that we need to trade Pick 12 for him, so why don't you just go back to the Carlton board.

Yarran is starting 22 every week of the season with us, he will certainly be starting 22 for your mob too.

Starting 22 of your vfl side?

Ignore him, just a carltoon flog who has no understanding of how trade week happens, thinks it will be an auction LOL, Yarran has nominated Richmond which means Yarran will get to Richmond, other clubs are well within their rights to INQUIRE about players as i'm sure every club did with Danger but that normally gets a " thanks we are flattered but my client has made up his mind and will play at X club "

I seem to recall one L. Franklin who was signed, sealed & delivered to join GWS but ended up at the Swans. There was also Mitch Clark who wanted to go to WA but ended up at Geelong.

Just because he says he wants to join Richmond doesn't bind him to your club until he has actually been traded. Plenty of other clubs could swoop in and snaffle him yet.

As much as I hate to agree with your tribe...in this case I do. You speak the truth.
So we can argue as much as we like about what to pay for Yarran, when another bidder appears the price discovery is not a negotiation, it's an auction.
The question then becomes at what point do we pull out and let the other bidder have it. And test if they are genuine.
I can only guess, but he looks like around a pick 20-25 to me.

I seem to recall one L. Franklin who was signed, sealed & delivered to join GWS but ended up at the Swans. There was also Mitch Clark who wanted to go to WA but ended up at Geelong.

Just because he says he wants to join Richmond doesn't bind him to your club until he has actually been traded. Plenty of other clubs could swoop in and snaffle him yet.

Buddy never nominated GWS, and clark didnt end up at geelong, he ended up at melbourne and then retired

f**kin fool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back