Christopher Pyne!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.theurbandeveloper.com/building-worlds-most-expensive/

I guess the anti-union issue is the same reason why I am anti-religion. they are both important organisations but they tend to attract corrupt people who then prey on the weak.

I would love to have you sit alongside a negotiation with a union and listen to the racketeering, the requests for kick backs and watch the thugs turn up and threaten staff. Perhaps you might change your view on them too.

What is your view on why SA is basket case with high unemployment and low productivity despite the generations of pork barreling?

if you have any experience with hospital design and ppp's you'll understand why the cost is that high

I guess the anti-union issue is the same reason why I am anti-religion. they are both important organisations but they tend to attract corrupt people who then prey on the weak.

I would love to have you sit alongside a negotiation with a union and listen to the racketeering, the requests for kick backs and watch the thugs turn up and threaten staff. Perhaps you might change your view on them too.

What is your view on why SA is basket case with high unemployment and low productivity despite the generations of pork barreling?
Article state one of the most expensive but nowhere did I read that it was over budget or anything that you may be implying.

Article state one of the most expensive but nowhere did I read that it was over budget or anything that you may be implying.

why so expensive?

and the myer centre would have been over budget many times over and full of corruption and violence.

if you have any experience with hospital design and ppp's you'll understand why the cost is that high

sure.............but they don't build hospitals overseas?

if what you are saying is the full story then we should see the top 200 dominated by hospitals

why so expensive?

and the myer centre would have been over budget many times over and full of corruption and violence.
Why don't you ask to see the plans, budget estimates and how it will be outfitted, then you may get your answer.

Despite your supposed knowledge in so many areas, cannot take you seriously at all since you have so much venom towards unions.

You have been caught out highlighting something that is expensive but not due to unions or over budget.

When you can discuss something objectively or based on facts, I might be prepared to engage with you again. Stop being a prat.

sure.............but they don't build hospitals overseas?

if what you are saying is the full story then we should see the top 200 dominated by hospitals

all hospitals are equal are they?

when royal childrens hospital was built in Melbourne it came in at $1b, by your logic that means adelaides construction cost are twice of Melbourne, yet rlb tender price index has adelaides construction costs at -2.7% or perhaps the buildings are not comparable as they have related but different purposes and scale.

the rch project also had a hotel built as part of the commercial opportunities under the ppp, in effect its two projects under the $1b headline figure. what are the commercial opportunities aspect at adelaides hospital? is there a private and public aspect like rch and all other ppp's around the country.

it is so simplistic and misleading to look at headline figures alone without going into details, even more so when comparing international projects too many variables. for example british standards are more stringent than Australian standards yet American standards are more lax, but new york is the more expensive place to build, what impact do localised conditions play on costs such as wind loading, earthquake loading, soil conditions etc

you need to compare like with like

Why don't you ask to see the plans, budget estimates and how it will be outfitted, then you may get your answer.

Despite your supposed knowledge in so many areas, cannot take you seriously at all since you have so much venom towards unions.

You have been caught out highlighting something that is expensive but not due to unions or over budget.

When you can discuss something objectively or based on facts, I might be prepared to engage with you again. Stop being a prat.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...kdowns-take-toll/story-fni6uo1m-1227009367300

unions, the government and the establishment

all hospitals are equal are they?

when royal childrens hospital was built in Melbourne it came in at $1b, by your logic that means adelaides construction cost are twice of Melbourne, yet rlb tender price index has adelaides construction costs at -2.7% or perhaps the buildings are not comparable as they have related but different purposes and scale.

the rch project also had a hotel built as part of the commercial opportunities under the ppp, in effect its two projects under the $1b headline figure. what are the commercial opportunities aspect at adelaides hospital? is there a private and public aspect like rch and all other ppp's around the country.

it is so simplistic and misleading to look at headline figures alone without going into details, even more so when comparing international projects too many variables. for example british standards are more stringent than Australian standards yet American standards are more lax, but new york is the more expensive place to build, what impact do localised conditions play on costs such as wind loading, earthquake loading, soil conditions etc

you need to compare like with like

no thoughts on the myer centre?

no thoughts on the myer centre?

lol ignore my post entirely and shift. I was responding to your comment on hospitals.

ill look into it for you.

hint why dont you look at the tender price indexes from some international quantity surveyors rather than headline figures for specific projects, they iron out the variables

Last edited:
perpetuates the welfare mentality

they have a perfect opportunity to stand on their own two feet but handouts like this will maintain the status quo and corruption.
Just like the other f****ng countries on this earth who subsidise all of their vehicle manufacturing so the plebs actually have a job?

We should all rejoice that the ********s that run this country pulled all the subsides to our car manufacturing industry, the lowest subsides in the world by far; we should all get down on our knees and kiss their feet and then, stand up on our own two feet so we can go and scrounge around in the bins to find some scraps to feed our children.

Yeah, f**k off our sub and other manufacturing industries in South Australia and let's pay our tax payer dollars to others overseas so they can build all our stuff.

F**k me Power Raid, why don't we just euthanise any c*** that is unemployed and can't find a job in six months and just put down, as a matter of course, those bastards that lose their jobs when they are in their fifties 'cause they'll never find a full time job again! That way, we will get our population down to a manageable size and everything will be hunky-dory.

Just like the other f****ng countries on this earth who subsidise all of their vehicle manufacturing so the plebs actually have a job?

We should all rejoice that the ********s that run this country pulled all the subsides to our car manufacturing industry, the lowest subsides in the world by far; we should all get down on our knees and kiss their feet and then, stand up on our own two feet so we can go and scrounge around in the bins to find some scraps to feed our children.

Yeah, f**k off our sub and other manufacturing industries in South Australia and let's pay our tax payer dollars to others overseas so they can build all our stuff.

F**k me Power Raid, why don't we just euthanise any c*** that is unemployed and can't find a job in six months and just put down, as a matter of course, those bastards that lose their jobs when they are in their fifties 'cause they'll never find a full time job again! That way, we will get our population down to a manageable size and everything will be hunky-dory.

let's celebrate the same ********s who pork barreled SA power and made it the most expensive in the world thus killing any positive effect a subsidy on the car industry had.

shame SA has so many pigs snouts in the trough as you're right it is the poor who feel the pain.

until SA appreciates that, the pain and the cycle continues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

let's celebrate the same ********s who pork barreled SA power and made it the most expensive in the world thus killing any positive effect a subsidy on the car industry had.

shame SA has so many pigs snouts in the trough as you're right it is the poor who feel the pain.

No response to the previous poster other comments?

Yep. I cannot argue with that.

Surely there are a couple of well known and powerful unions that are troublesome, always have been. But the majority of unions are neither corrupt, not preying on the weak. Mosty they are just pretty quietly going about the business, in a reasonable manner, and ensuring reasonable working conditions.

Surely there are a couple of well known and powerful unions that are troublesome, always have been. But the majority of unions are neither corrupt, not preying on the weak. Mosty they are just pretty quietly going about the business, in a reasonable manner, and ensuring reasonable working conditions.

yep agree and they are very important

I also mentioned two other groups with snouts in the trough so not all is to blame on the few corrupt unions.

No response to the previous poster other comments?

no because it is a given that different hospitals would come in at different prices depending on scope.

but hospitals are built overseas and if the only reason it makes the most expensive list is because it is a hospital, then we should see the list dominated by hospitals. but we don't.

no because it is a given that different hospitals would come in at different prices depending on scope.

but hospitals are built overseas and if the only reason it makes the most expensive list is because it is a hospital, then we should see the list dominated by hospitals. but we don't.
You have an unhealthy obsession against unions. They are not all like that!
I noticed that there is a report on corruption in business have you read it?
On the news tonight.
Anyway this thread is about the poodle and I am part of derailing, so better stop.

I have to say that Pyne is about my favourite politician ever. Even more than even KRudd and Latham. I just love the way he goes about it.

You have an unhealthy obsession against unions. They are not all like that!
I noticed that there is a report on corruption in business have you read it?
On the news tonight.
Anyway this thread is about the poodle and I am part of derailing, so better stop.

yep it takes two to tango.

take the building industry for instance if you want to build in Perth's CBD you are up for circa $5m in kick backs. quality companies won't participate but the corrupt one's do. the quality one's either walk away or they pay a price anyway through business interruptions, violence or the standard trick where a truck breaks down magically across the entrance on the day of concrete pour meaning the cement has to be dumped before it hardens (finbar copped this many a time).

The crazy bit is those who pay, then have less competition so the costs are just passed onto the consumer. So who feels the pain? those who have less work, those who pay high rents and higher purchase prices. Again this hurts the poor the most.

you only have to look at Melbourne's construction companies and you can guess whether they pay or not.

yep it takes two to tango.

take the building industry for instance if you want to build in Perth's CBD you are up for circa $5m in kick backs. quality companies won't participate but the corrupt one's do. the quality one's either walk away or they pay a price anyway through business interruptions, violence or the standard trick where a truck breaks down magically across the entrance on the day of concrete pour meaning the cement has to be dumped before it hardens (finbar copped this many a time).

The crazy bit is those who pay, then have less competition so the costs are just passed onto the consumer. So who feels the pain? those who have less work, those who pay high rents and higher purchase prices. Again this hurts the poor the most.

you only have to look at Melbourne's construction companies and you can guess whether they pay or not.
You don't get do you? Stop with the bashing not interested.
Want to discuss Pyne?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back