Clark's strike

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably 2 weeks. Pretty stupid thing to do, intentional, late, clenched fist, head high and fairly high impact (Trengove had to go off ground) will all push the punishment to 2+ weeks.

Perhaps my bias is coming in but i don't think it was worthy of a report even less so a suspension.

He was clearly trying to make a spoil attempt but failed and his arm hit his face. It wasn't a fist or an elbow directed at the head, it was an out stretched arm attempting to spoil which hit his face. It's not like he has dug his shoulder in to knock the guy into the dirt after he had taken a mark (which he could have easily done) which would have resulted in a lot more damage to the player.

Maybe i am a bit confused by the rules but there was no intent to hurt the player & there was very minimal contact (A passing arm to the head isn't exactly lethal or unheard of in this game).

I know it doesn't always come down to what actually happened and is down to some weird ruling where Brennan can headbutt a guy and get just 1 week, so if i'm off the mark of the ruling happy for someone to point that out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to say Clark's looking at 2 weeks, reduced to 1 with an early guilty plea.

Hard to argue low impact when the other guy got stitches.

Perhaps my bias is coming in but i don't think it was worthy of a report even less so a suspension.

He was clearly trying to make a spoil attempt but failed and his arm hit his face. It wasn't a fist or an elbow directed at the head, it was an out stretched arm attempting to spoil which hit his face.

I think he'll probably get points but no suspension as he essentially missed him and got him with a forearm, but attempted spoil is the worst excuse ive ever heard. Trengove was kicking the ball. How do you spoil a kick by swinging your arm into the player at head height? :confused:

He was clearly trying to make a spoil attempt but failed and his arm hit his face.

He was only about 50 metres away from the next marking contest!
It wasn't that bad but bloody stupid to smack someone head high who has just kicked the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back