News Clarkson to step away from football indefinitely

Remove this Banner Ad

He isthe victim of a media campaign to get him,

seethe post below yours, he is entitled to know who is saying what.

None of us know why he doesn’t want to discuss it, it’s all speculation
It should not effect his story and he should be keen to get his side of the story across, this is not a criminal trial at it shows the lack of sincerity of Clarksons. behalf.
what does he have to hide? Why does he need to see the others evidence before he gives his ?? What a joke.

He isthe victim of a media campaign to get him,

seethe post below yours, he is entitled to know who is saying what.

None of us know why he doesn’t want to discuss it, it’s all speculation

Disagree anyone is out to get him. If he was in a position of less power he’d probably be in a lot more strife.

I think there has been as much if not a greater attempt to smear the accusers than Clarko.

I assume he is being advised by lawyers on how to respond or not respond, so no issue there.

I believe we are heading to a conclusion which will satisfy no one.

He refuses to be questioned until he sees the statements , medical records , emails etc of the accusers.
Unbelievable , Procedural fairness is one thing but getting access to all other material before you commit to a position is not
He needs to tell the enquiry what did happen. Stop playing the victim .

We all know why he does not want to discuss what happened with them, this is why he wants to see all there statements , medical records, emails etc. its called damage control.
If the legal team do get access to these medical records which I don’t believe they will there is one thing in particular they are looking for
So anyone who been following indigenous legal cases for the last few years will observe there is one thing the ALS will put forward in explaining or justifying their clients actions and it it is referred to by the presiding judge at sentencing almost in every case
If this is found to exist in even some of these files the legal team will use this to put everything stated as fact by the accusers to date under the microscope

Disagree anyone is out to get him. If he was in a position of less power he’d probably be in a lot more strife.

I think there has been as much if not a greater attempt to smear the accusers than Clarko.

I assume he is being advised by lawyers on how to respond or not respond, so no issue there.

I believe we are heading to a conclusion which will satisfy no one.
the media are out to get anyone who sells a story.
how do you smear anon accusers?
He has said its lies, how do you defend yourself against nothing?

agree about the lawyers

the leak needs to be found and dealt with

It's not a trial though, so I don't know what rules they agreed to at the start.
It is a trial though.

It is an official inquiry and the result will determine whether or not he gets sacked.

In that situation, where he is fighting for his job, his reputation and his future in AFL, any lawyer is going to advise him to actually review the accusations against him, and exactly what they are saying happened (including evidence) before answering any questions.

The medical records of the players is pretty inherent to the case. These are players who were on the borderline of being kept or delisted - and did indeed in the end get delisted by the club. Injuries, attitudes, mental health, training, family issues, history etc matters to the context of how they were treated by the coaches and what happened.

It is a trial though.

It is an official inquiry and the result will determine whether or not he gets sacked.

In that situation, where he is fighting for his job, his reputation and his future in AFL, any lawyer is going to advise him to actually review the accusations against him, and exactly what they are saying happened (including evidence) before answering any questions.

The medical records of the players is pretty inherent to the case. These are players who were on the borderline of being kept or delisted - and did indeed in the end get delisted by the club. Injuries, attitudes, mental health, training, family issues, history etc matters to the context of how they were treated by the coaches and what happened.
He does not need these details to state his position, what they said should have no impact on what he believed happened. . Yes he will lose his job if he did what he is accused of.
Thats why they are having the enquiry, the one which Clarkson is not participating in Yet cries I am a victim coz it is taking too long. The one that is there to give him an opportunity to clear his name too.
whats he got to hide??

He does not need these details to state his position, what they said should have no impact on what he believed happened. . Yes he will lose his job if he did what he is accused of.
Thats why they are having the enquiry, the one which Clarkson is not participating in Yet cries I am a victim coz it is taking too long. The one that is there to give him an opportunity to clear his name too.
whats he got to hide??
He has stated his position but hasn’t explained it and while some will disagree I think most would lawyer up and ride this thing out until it is either established he did something or nothing comes of it and it goes to court

whats he got to hide??
This isn't a case of just stating his position, he's supposed to be giving evidence ffs.

What he should just go to them and say "yeah nah it didn't happen", and when asked for proof just shrug his shoulders?

It is a trial though.

Would you like your employer to have access to your medical files to assist in an internal investigation, let alone pass them on to people unknown?

This isn't a case of just stating his position, he's supposed to be giving evidence ffs.

What he should just go to them and say "yeah nah it didn't happen", and when asked for proof just shrug his shoulders?
He has to state his case and just not sook ,”oh there picking on me”

If he has any interest in clearing his name he has to say what happened.

If it had taken only a month then you'd be claiming that the process was a sham anyway, pre-determined outcomes etc etc. How and where do you draw the line between cultural insensitivity and racism?
No I would not. In the world as it works today (court of public opinion) there will be no winners, either way. So get it over an done with quickly an efficiently. Rip the band aid off. The Hawks ran camps in the TIWI Islands/NT. They had a Tiwi feast especially for Cyril. Indigenous players were given extra time away to be with family on a needs basis. The 'eye' test over the Clarko years, showed he did nothing more than care for his players. He was fiercely loyal and defended them to the hilt sometimes going overboard. You could find players shitty about their treatment at any club and they could not necessarily have to be 'indigenous'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m predicting Clarkson to not coach again and make more money than he initially would of after the defamation case goes through, he has made the right move and I’m predicting (with no knowledge), that he has inside word there is not enough evidence and he thought let’s get down to business.

Geoffrey Rush has the biggest case so far 2.5 mill, Clarkson close to 10 I would say.
clarkson has seen off the opening bowlers and is looking good for a ton.

Back