Clarkson vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He went public by commenting about it on SEN in February following the grand final.

At least Clarkson presented a specific point rather than just a general whinge like Longmire seemed to do.
He responded to a question asking if he had spoken to the AFL. What was he supposed to do?

LOL at you proving my point for me, idiot.

Sydney supporters: 2016 was a joke!!! But but but the umpiring!!!! Longmire should call for a royal commission!!!! Wahhhh!!! Wahhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Sydney supporters: Alistair Clarkson should focus on coaching and not be bagging the umpires!!!! Wahhh!!! Wahhh!!!!!

Sydney supporters: Such and such a north player kicked a goal that was clearly touched by McVeigh!!! Wahhh!!! Wahhh!!!

Can only roll my eyes and sneer at idiots like you, but unfortunately that’s just the way you Sydney fans roll isn’t it - like sooks, like hypocrites, like tools. :)
You got me there by employing logic. Well done

Longmire:
"We've all got passionate thoughts on the game, but there's a time and a place to have those discussions.

"When we're in the heat of the season and particularly after a loss, I don't think it's appropriate to put it on the agenda like he did."

Also Longmire (after a loss):
"The holding the ball decisions — us and them — we must've missed something," he said.

"We need to have a look at that about what the prior opportunity is and how we're doing it versus our opposition. We need to look into that clearly.

"We're clearly doing it the wrong way, so we need to sharpen up on that."

LOL at you proving my point for me, idiot.

Sydney supporters: 2016 was a joke!!! But but but the umpiring!!!! Longmire should call for a royal commission!!!! Wahhhh!!! Wahhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Sydney supporters: Alistair Clarkson should focus on coaching and not be bagging the umpires!!!! Wahhh!!! Wahhh!!!!!

Sydney supporters: Such and such a north player kicked a goal that was clearly touched by McVeigh!!! Wahhh!!! Wahhh!!!

Can only roll my eyes and sneer at idiots like you, but unfortunately that’s just the way you Sydney fans roll isn’t it - like sooks, like hypocrites, like tools. :)
Excellent content. Really setting the BF bar high.

Does anyone even think the Grundy one should have been a free kick?

Like, how do you possibly umpire in the scenario? Two players are in a marking contest, and the defender is in a position to take the mark, but at the last minute decides to leave it for his team mate who is in a better position to take an uncontested mark.

Compare it to the Langford one, where he was never in a position to be able to actually contest the mark.

Longmire:
"The holding the ball decisions — us and them — we must've missed something," he said.

"We need to have a look at that about what the prior opportunity is and how we're doing it versus our opposition. We need to look into that clearly.

I know you really want to run with the Longmire is a hypocrite thing, but can you tell me how that comment is the same as Clarkson making a direct complaint about the tactics of the opposition multiple times over multiple days?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone even think the Grundy one should have been a free kick?

Like, how do you possibly umpire in the scenario? Two players are in a marking contest, and the defender is in a position to take the mark, but at the last minute decides to leave it for his team mate who is in a better position to take an uncontested mark.

Compare it to the Langford one, where he was never in a position to be able to actually contest the mark.

A better comparison would be when Smith blocked for Gunston.

Longmire:
"We've all got passionate thoughts on the game, but there's a time and a place to have those discussions.

"When we're in the heat of the season and particularly after a loss, I don't think it's appropriate to put it on the agenda like he did."

Longmire was being facetious there of course. Did he name individual players or a particular club and intimate they were cheats? Did he double down again the next day? Did he then meet with the AFL CEO on Monday morning?

Not saying Longmire is unimpeachable. I just think Clarkson has crossed lines Longmire didn't even come close to.

First:
He gives an example where a free is paid to Sydney in the backline for a block, then the example when roughy gets blocked and no free kick. Which could be a 2 goal turn around. Then they show the smith example of smith and should've been a free to the swans I can admit that, thought on the night we got away with one. So therefore it would mean the grundy on roughy should've been a free, because its the correct call. I hope umpires don't think gee I missed one there better let them get away with one because that isn't the right way to go about. More umpires on the field may the best option to help with getting the wrong decisions correct and actually paying deserved free kicks that aren't always paid.

All Clarko and the fans want is consistency with calls. Is that too much to ask? I don't care if the call goes against or for us, if they are consistent for both teams I am happy. But when or if not the AFL is in major trouble.

Do you disagree or agree seeing that you linked me the video.
The Langford block and Grundy non-block are completely different.

Langford had zero interest in the contest and hooked Grundy and drove him away from it.

In the second incident, Grundy and Roughy were competing in the contest. Grundy could have actually contested the mark but didn't need to because Rampe was there.

The Smith/Jones incident was line ball. I was ok with no free because Smith had good position and it was a bump as opposed to a deliberate, continuous action to drive Jones away from the contest.

On topic, Clarko, get schoey your best blocker out there and stfu.

The annoying thing about any rule stretching In any code is the best ‘actors’ get away with it. It’s not about sporting skill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back