Club Membership Tally 2016!

Remove this Banner Ad

8 clubs at 40K or more; ten below, including once mighty rivals: Carlton and Essendon - good times, except it's spoilt by Richmond's rise.
And I think Richmond introduced a new reduced membership package that only went until August this season that has proved very popular and good value for money.

I missed this.
I suppose I could say you won't find a photo of an equivalent Hawks person because most don't have the balls to still be up front when the times are tough.
I could say that....wait I just did!
Joffa is a legend. A man who wears the Pies on his sleeve. A man who turned his life around to become an inspiration to many. A man who does more good deeds in a week than most of us do in a decade.
Happy for you to try and use him to try and bring CFC down. Because he represents everything that makes me proud to be a Collingwood man.

Doing it tough was when the Hawks in the early years would win one,maybe two games per season,
year after year with no outside help or money.Great,hard working and loyal people got us through.
Big difference to your false icon, bogan media clown playing the "look at me,look at me" game.

Doing it tough was when the Hawks in the early years would win one,maybe two games per season,
year after year with no outside help or money.Great,hard working and loyal people got us through.
Big difference to your false icon, bogan media clown playing the "look at me,look at me" game.

I think he was talking about post war history.

I think he was talking about post war history.

Times,years,periods don't get a mention. I harked back to the 30 years post 1925 as our most important as
Hawthorn were battling to survive.Look I don't mind Joffa,he adds a bit of colour to the game but don't put him high up on a pedestal.
He's just another over zealous supporter,we've all got them.

Times,years,periods don't get a mention. I harked back to the 30 years post 1925 as our most important as
Hawthorn were battling to survive.Look I don't mind Joffa,he adds a bit of colour to the game but don't put him high up on a pedestal.
Just an overzealous supporter? That isn't doing justice to the man and what he does outside the club.

Just an overzealous supporter? That isn't doing justice to the man and what he does outside the club.
Correct. He does a lot of things for a lot of people. At the footy he shits me as is expected but no way he's just an overzealous supporter.

What he does outside the club is completely irrelevant.If he does a lot of stuff FOR the pies then great.
Its like saying Kennett has done a lot of good with beyond blue,therefore he's a legend at Hawthorn-makes no sense.

What he does outside the club is completely irrelevant.If he does a lot of stuff FOR the pies then great.
Its like saying Kennett has done a lot of good with beyond blue,therefore he's a legend at Hawthorn-makes no sense.
I leave the qualifications of Kennett up to you. But the difference in personal backgrounds and position within the club couldn't be starker.
FYI Joffa as a MagPie cheer squad leader is not that examplary. He skips matches to watch the soccer.
I judge people on what they do outside the club too. If we don't, they are just a fan, not a person.

Lets put any membership numbers into perspective. Our membership revenue is almost double that of Hawthorn and Richmond. Why is that? $8mil vs $16mil. There lies the main reason we are such a powerful club. The members provide the power.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you know him personally?

No,never met him but sounds like he's done a lot of good outside the club.Its the good he's done inside the club
is my query.

He is a passionate supporter who wears his heart in his sleeve. He has nothing to do with the inner workings of the club. If you think that he has somehow damaged our brand then your are very mistaken. Run along now.

Membership Tally 2016!
Hawks 59,325 (39,325 human members 20,000 registered pets incl canaries)
Pies 155,000 (audited: all correct)
Saints 26,069 (freeman said to attract extra 6,009 members and two hamstrings*)
* set to be delivered in two weeks

EFA above, so we know correct information as of this evening

Last edited:
Lets put any membership numbers into perspective. Our membership revenue is almost double that of Hawthorn and Richmond. Why is that? $8mil vs $16mil. There lies the main reason we are such a powerful club. The members provide the power.

Pretty sure you'll find our balance sheet equally as healthy.:thumbsu:

No,never met him but sounds like he's done a lot of good outside the club.Its the good he's done inside the club
is my query.
I know what you mean.

It's like Ron Richards V Lou.

He is a passionate supporter who wears his heart in his sleeve. He has nothing to do with the inner workings of the club. If you think that he has somehow damaged our brand then your are very mistaken. Run along now.

"I suppose I could say you won't find a photo of an equivalent Hawks person because most don't have the balls to still be up front when the times are tough."
This statement alone have I been responding too because it is plainly wrong.
Your "ifs" and "somehows" are "very mistaken". Now I'll keep running.

Pretty sure you'll find our balance sheet equally as healthy.:thumbsu:
This thread is about membership. Not sure what balance sheets have got to do with it unless you wanted to avoid the specifics of membership loyalty and membership buy in. It would easy for us to play 4 games at any one interstate venue and add 17,000 more members to our total. We could do this by selling 12,000 4 game memberships and boost our Melb members by another 500o by simply making their membership cheaper as they would only be paying for a 13 game membership. But in terms of balance sheets the strength of ours lies in our zero debt and extraordinary membership revenue whilst we are not near the top of the ladder. Where's Hawthorn's relies on the pokies venue in Mulgrave, the fact you keep all the community funds for yourselves from that venue and the hope you don't fall down the ladder and lose your merchandise sales.

Why is the club keeping our numbers quiet this year? Surely with all the good seen in pre-season games and finals expectations this year we must be getting back toward 80k again.

is my query.
Your coach has picked up a few GF day medallions that would not exist if not for Joffa.
It was he who initiated the Jock McHale medal. Ed made it reality, but it was his idea.
So, within the club, within the AFL, he has contributed more for our game than a sad sack like you will ever.
Oh, and his one metre wooden spoon is the ultimate contribution to the world of AFL.
One day he will have the pleasure of waving it at your mob of misfits.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back