Opinion Coach: James Hird

Essendon supporters only - Should James Hird be sacked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hird is among those responsible for ruin this club. Let's not forget his responsibility in contributing to our current situation.

Not sure about that. You seem to be rewriting History. Please read Chips book.

I'll tell you what Hird is responsible for though. He's given us our best win/loss record and football in a decade in 2013 before the AFL's bastadry and David Evans softcockness took it all away.

Not sure about that. You seem to be rewriting History. Please read Chips book.

I'll tell you what Hird is responsible for though. He's given us our best win/loss record and football in a decade in 2013 before the AFL's bastadry and David Evans softcockness took it all away.
Hahahhahaha.

He has given us our worst loss in a decade. Not once, but twice. He has made us a rabble, arguably worse than 2006.

You want to waste another year?

Hahahhahaha.

He has given us our worst loss in a decade. Not once, but twice. He has made us a rabble, arguably worse than 2006.

Don't feed the troll.

Hahahhahaha.

How is another year wasted? If we are rebuilding then we need to bottom out and get as many picks as we can. If you think Hird isn't a good coach and will see us fall down further then maybe that shields the next coach from the battering a rebuild does.

Hardly any coaches have survived the initial rebuild.

Hird had us top 4 aiming for top 2 in round 18, 2013. Not many people that can't coach can do that. Maybe he got lucky hey.

A loss would probably consolidate his position.

A belting would show him the door.

BTW I'm not sure if I want Hird gone, but I want something to change.
It just seems to be playing out very similarly to the Ratten situation. I know Carlton were a bit more successful on field that year than Essendon this year but there are signs that Hirdy's reign is coming to an end.

Which is precisely what I meant. The idea that we should keep an underperforming coach because the players like him is as non-sensical as sacking a coach because the players don't like him.

There is something to be said for it in this unique situation however due to what the players have been through.

Until the end of the season.

Posted in WADA but after deletion realised the thread is only for Dons fans. Not sure where to post... mods?

Probably poor timing considering the defeat, but Hirdy said during his post match presser (regarding ongoing WADA investigation) "Players are victims of circumstance... I've taken responsibilty".

Not a troll, but at what point has he "taken responsibility"? Seems to be a large reason as to why some opposition fans (and maybe some of your own supporters) are in the opposite corner to Hirdy.

Again, not a troll just genuinely interested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Posted in WADA but after deletion realised the thread is only for Dons fans. Not sure where to post... mods?

Probably poor timing considering the defeat, but Hirdy said during his post match presser (regarding ongoing WADA investigation) "Players are victims of circumstance... I've taken responsibilty".

Not a troll, but at what point has he "taken responsibility"? Seems to be a large reason as to why some opposition fans (and maybe some of your own supporters) are in the opposite corner to Hirdy.

Again, not a troll just genuinely interested.

Like everything in this stupid saga it comes down to interrpretation, in this case how you define 'taking' responsibility and what you feel he individually should be taking responsibility for

How is another year wasted? If we are rebuilding then we need to bottom out and get as many picks as we can. If you think Hird isn't a good coach and will see us fall down further then maybe that shields the next coach from the battering a rebuild does.

Hardly any coaches have survived the initial rebuild.

Hird had us top 4 aiming for top 2 in round 18, 2013. Not many people that can't coach can do that. Maybe he got lucky hey.
He had a multi-million dollar coaching panel surrounding him, including a two time premiership coach.

He is too inexperienced as coach, and 2012 is the best example.

Need someone who has done the hard yards

He had a multi-million dollar coaching panel surrounding him, including a two time premiership coach.

He is too inexperienced as coach, and 2012 is the best example.

Need someone who has done the hard yards

So that multi million dollar coaching panel didn't teach him a thing or two or he didn't listen?

I'd say after 4 years of coaching he's done a fair apprenticeship. Not sure what happened in 2012 in relation to coaching. Thought he did well until the team fell over due to injuries because the sports science department could not get them right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back