Coaching changes for 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd reckon Cheltenham, shalders has had a good run but time for a change.
Dingley will definetly be thinking about it. Quinny got them in Div 1 but i think they need someone else to take them the step further.
You'd reckon Ashwood and Black Rock, apparently Simon Beshara has already been spruiking that he has the Rockers job and he is taking a number of young recruits with him he just needs to get rid of White as soon as he gets there otherwise it will be another long year.
South Yarra should probably be thinking about it as well.
Div 3, there is just not enough teams in the division to worry about anymore, unfortunately.

• Banned
I'd reckon Cheltenham, shalders has had a good run but time for a change.
Dingley will definetly be thinking about it. Quinny got them in Div 1 but i think they need someone else to take them the step further.
You'd reckon Ashwood and Black Rock, apparently Simon Beshara has already been spruiking that he has the Rockers job and he is taking a number of young recruits with him he just needs to get rid of White as soon as he gets there otherwise it will be another long year.
South Yarra should probably be thinking about it as well.
Div 3, there is just not enough teams in the division to worry about anymore, unfortunately.

My mail is these coaches are going

Stkilda City
Hampton
Springvale
Dingley
Mordy
Beena
Lindayle
Ashwood
Blackrock
Caulfield
Heatherton
Sth Yarra
Sandown
Cheltnaham

Stkilda City
Hampton
Springvale
Dingley
Mordy
Beena
Lindayle
Ashwood
Blackrock
Caulfield
Heatherton
Sth Yarra
Sandown
Cheltnaham

Interested as to why you would say Murrumbeena, Hampton, South Yarra aren't all those sides in the top 5

• Banned
Interested as to why you would say Murrumbeena, Hampton, South Yarra aren't all those sides in the top 5

Ok let me start with Murrumbeena i think mr Odea has run his race with the Club in terms he has had a very rough year with alot of internal fightings between players. dont think he will go around again.

Hampton The coach of hampton has promised so much but delivered so little in his 2 years lost too many big games and the committee are looking for results. Only a flag will save him and i cant see that happening.

Sth Yarra
The coach of south yarra has lost the support of many players on his list and something will give at years end.

• Banned
Interesting. Can anyone from Murrumbeena confirm whether there was an altercation between team mates at a social function a few weeks ago ? The issue Murrumbeena have is simple they recruited a bunch of imbeciles. Why clubs persist on recruiting supposedly good players without taking into consideration the players attitude and work rate amazes me. You don't win a flag with morons

I think its more an Ego clash that actual fighting i should have chosen better words

• Banned
Out of all the jobs you think will be available that you have listed above myview, taking everything into consideration, which one would be the best in your eyes?

Honestly i would have to day either Cheltnaham or Dingley! both clubs can do some real damage in this league

Out of all the jobs you think will be available that you have listed above myview, taking everything into consideration, which one would be the best in your eyes?

i would select STKILDA CITY as my choice and the first thing i would do is to make sure all SENIOR players got paid:D

Hey Superfreak..

Just enquiring into your thoughts the impact on the playing group if Shalders was not too coach next year? Do you think you would lose many? Unfortunately it seems likely that he wont be reappointed as he has not quite got the results wanted of him.

I actually think Shalders is a very good coach. He has very good football brain and is tactically very good. I thought he shot himself in the foot over the years trying to play and coach. Thought he did this for 2 years to many. No disrespect to him as a footballer, he was a gun. I just believe that when he played and coached both jobs were comprimised. I believe his playing took away from his coaching ability and his coaching took away form his playing ability. Very tough job. I know the team i was invovled in was always happier when he was playing, rather than just coaching.

I think this year is a bit hard to judge him purely on coaching as i dont think he has had the cattle as he had over the previous 4 years. And as you have stated you boys have had an ordinary run with injuries.

Just my opinion.

Hey Superfreak..

Just enquiring into your thoughts the impact on the playing group if Shalders was not too coach next year? Do you think you would lose many? Unfortunately it seems likely that he wont be reappointed as he has not quite got the results wanted of him.

I actually think Shalders is a very good coach. He has very good football brain and is tactically very good. I thought he shot himself in the foot over the years trying to play and coach. Thought he did this for 2 years to many. No disrespect to him as a footballer, he was a gun. I just believe that when he played and coached both jobs were comprimised. I believe his playing took away from his coaching ability and his coaching took away form his playing ability. Very tough job. I know the team i was invovled in was always happier when he was playing, rather than just coaching.

I think this year is a bit hard to judge him purely on coaching as i dont think he has had the cattle as he had over the previous 4 years. And as you have stated you boys have had an ordinary run with injuries.

Just my opinion.

Appreciate your thoughts mate but I am not in a position to comment.
He has done a sensational job in the five years he has been coach of the club, lifting it from a middle/lower Div 1 club to one that has played finals the last four seasons.
This year, things haven't gone as planned but thems the breaks! That can happen.
We as a club are lucky to have someone of his calibre as senior coach.

Stkilda City
Hampton
Springvale
Dingley
Mordy
Beena
Lindayle
Ashwood
Blackrock
Caulfield
Heatherton
Sth Yarra
Sandown
Cheltnaham

Reckon he might get the Edi As job he's been wanting???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Appreciate your thoughts mate but I am not in a position to comment.
He has done a sensational job in the five years he has been coach of the club, lifting it from a middle/lower Div 1 club to one that has played finals the last four seasons.
This year, things haven't gone as planned but thems the breaks! That can happen.
We as a club are lucky to have someone of his calibre as senior coach.

Please the guy has had more than enough chances to prove his worth and failed big time the facts of SFL life is theres 5 clubs that should make the finals everytime as they have a big advantage over the others.

Those 5 are St pauls, Skilda City until they lose the coach, Chelsea, Chelnaham, Mordy, the other teams have been making up numbers or have just snuck in... The outlook at your club is misguided as usual...

Out of that list i reckon Dingley and Springvale. Dingley have a massive club with a big following shouldn't be too hard to find a few players to take the next step, and Springvale - going down a div with a young fit list just need a couple of big blokes and they will dominate, will not lose a game on their ground its too big and they will be way to fit and quick for anyone else.

Who wouldn't you want to coach? I would say Lyndale and Black Rock equal first, just way too many better clubs in their area and Ashwood and Caulfield equal second

Out of that list i reckon Dingley and Springvale. Dingley have a massive club with a big following shouldn't be too hard to find a few players to take the next step, and Springvale - going down a div with a young fit list just need a couple of big blokes and they will dominate, will not lose a game on their ground its too big and they will be way to fit and quick for anyone else.

Who wouldn't you want to coach? I would say Lyndale and Black Rock equal first, just way too many better clubs in their area and Ashwood and Caulfield equal second

I agree with Lyndale but I would think it depends on what approach the club takes. Please tell me why you wouldn't go for the Black Rock, Caulfield or Ashwood job

Wouldn't want Clayton's job next year. Ageing list (including some feral recruits) will all retire after they win the premiership

Unless you are inside the club myview, you have no idea as to what goes on.

Just because he has not won a premiership, this doesn't mean he has failed.

I am judge him by the fact the Club has gone backwards!!!

Are you able to state for us how the club has gone backwards since his appointment at the end of 2005?

You take out sides like Balwyn, Noble Park, over the last 10 years or so who become the leagues powerhouses??

St kilda city, Chelnaham, St pauls and more recently Chelsea,
So to make the finals is almost a given for your club.
You havent looked like a threat under his coaching and you havent pulled of any great victories.look at hid record the team has gone backwards over the last 2 years if anything.
If your club is satisfied and happy to make up numbers thats ok too.
But the facts are making the finals in the SFl for a club like yours is a false economy..

You take out sides like Balwyn, Noble Park, over the last 10 years or so who become the leagues powerhouses??

St kilda city, Chelnaham, St pauls and more recently Chelsea,
So to make the finals is almost a given for your club.
You havent looked like a threat under his coaching and you havent pulled of any great victories.look at hid record the team has gone backwards over the last 2 years if anything.
If your club is satisfied and happy to make up numbers thats ok too.
But the facts are making the finals in the SFl for a club like yours is a false economy..

Define a great victory (outide of premierships of course!)? I can name a few off the top of my head...

- Finals win vs Clayton in 2008 with our best player off with a broken leg (came from 5 goals down)
- Beat Balwyn twice in their last season in SFL (hadn't beaten them for 7 years)
- Beat both Clayton and St Pauls by 15+ goals in year Clayton won flag over St Pauls
- No there haven't been any for a year and a bit so you may have a slight point there...but only slight!

Wish there was a GF win in there somewhere but it hasnt worked out.

Also, the first three years we had a mature side. Most players were 24/25+. The last two years we have been extremely young (outside 3-4 older players). This year out of the 37 players to play in our senior side, 26 of them are 24 years of age or under, with thirteen being 21 or less. This bodes very well for the future.

Make no mistake, 2011 will see a return to where we should be.

Define a great victory (outide of premierships of course!)? I can name a few off the top of my head...

- Finals win vs Clayton in 2008 with our best player off with a broken leg (came from 5 goals down)
- Beat Balwyn twice in their last season in SFL (hadn't beaten them for 7 years)
- Beat both Clayton and St Pauls by 15+ goals in year Clayton won flag over St Pauls
- No there haven't been any for a year and a bit so you may have a slight point there...but only slight!

Wish there was a GF win in there somewhere but it hasnt worked out.

Also, the first three years we had a mature side. Most players were 24/25+. The last two years we have been extremely young (outside 3-4 older players). This year out of the 37 players to play in our senior side, 26 of them are 24 years of age or under, with thirteen being 21 or less. This bodes very well for the future.

Make no mistake, 2011 will see a return to where we should be.

The club has definitely gone backwards. From being a perennial finals contender to becoming a middle of the road easybeat. The win in the final against Clayton wasn't that great, Clayton were beaten by 100 points by City that year. Still scratching my head at how they failed to win it that year...

Having such a young list is a great sign fr Cheltenham, hopefully they have some hard young kids- the club is full of nice guys. They need some grunt down there, some no frills type enforcers would help them climb back to where they want to be!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back