Coaching changes for 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Define a great victory (outide of premierships of course!)? I can name a few off the top of my head...

- Finals win vs Clayton in 2008 with our best player off with a broken leg (came from 5 goals down)
- Beat Balwyn twice in their last season in SFL (hadn't beaten them for 7 years)
- Beat both Clayton and St Pauls by 15+ goals in year Clayton won flag over St Pauls
- No there haven't been any for a year and a bit so you may have a slight point there...but only slight!

Wish there was a GF win in there somewhere but it hasnt worked out.

Also, the first three years we had a mature side. Most players were 24/25+. The last two years we have been extremely young (outside 3-4 older players). This year out of the 37 players to play in our senior side, 26 of them are 24 years of age or under, with thirteen being 21 or less. This bodes very well for the future.

Make no mistake, 2011 will see a return to where we should be.

Its time for a change you no it!!!

This is what Iv'e heard - Moorabbin Kangaroos will be seeking new coach and that will be Steve Wright but Cheltenham also sniffing around.
Hampton coach is likely to resign at seasons end due to family commitments but would be open to other offers if right job comes available. Black Rock have already appointed current coach Grose and Wilson as his assistant. Caulfield are in the process of interviewing for next season, Murrubeena committee is undecided on whether Odea is the rite man(committee is split) and will wait till end of season. Pitts likely to be reappointed.

This is what Iv'e heard - Moorabbin Kangaroos will be seeking new coach and that will be Steve Wright but Cheltenham also sniffing around.
Hampton coach is likely to resign at seasons end due to family commitments but would be open to other offers if right job comes available. Black Rock have already appointed current coach Grose and Wilson as his assistant. Caulfield are in the process of interviewing for next season, Murrubeena committee is undecided on whether Odea is the rite man(committee is split) and will wait till end of season. Pitts likely to be reappointed.

Still think the Skye job would attract plenty of interest. Any thoughts?
Hampton coach will be asked to resign I feel. Very strange that Beshara has been going around sprouting that he has the Black Rock job and has been actively seeking assistants (fact)

Hampton coach will be asked to resign I feel. Very strange that Beshara has been going around sprouting that he has the Black Rock job and has been actively seeking assistants (fact)

Wont matter anyway Grose & Wilson have been offered the job. I've spoken with Beshara all he said he applying for the job wouldn't say sprouting. Isn't it a good idea trying to secure an assistant ?

Wont matter anyway Grose & Wilson have been offered the job. I've spoken with Beshara all he said he applying for the job wouldn't say sprouting. Isn't it a good idea trying to secure an assistant ?

It will be intresting to see how teams such as Dingley,Chelt,Mordy,go i think they all could go that extra step if they change coach...

Everyone is going on about Stevie Wright didnt he get sacked from highett?? can be that good if a club like that sacks him...

Just because you get sacked doesn't mean you can't coach. What do you think bout Grose coaching Black Rock you reckon it's good move ?
Hampton wont ask Pucella to stand down he has done a good job with them, the jobs his if he wants it.

Just because you get sacked doesn't mean you can't coach. What do you think bout Grose coaching Black Rock you reckon it's good move ?
Hampton wont ask Pucella to stand down he has done a good job with them, the jobs his if he wants it.

Well you need to ask why would a club sacks the Coach?? player driven too so no connection to the playing list is a big concern
As for Pucella doing a good job at Hampton you are kidding mate Div3 is sub standard at best and he has done nothing he might play in the G/F this year only because Doveton had been booted out and the other teams are that bad its a bit like that movie accidental hero!!
I dont no much about Grose but he will need all the help he can to stay in div2

This is interesting news I heard Beshara had the job as well. Who are the assistants he is after? Would he be able to bring some new blood?

This is interesting news I heard Beshara had the job as well. Who are the assistants he is after? Would he be able to bring some new blood?

Apparently he has been speaking with a heap of players and is confident of dragging a lot of youth across if he gets a gig somewhere plus 3 -4 seasoned SFL players. Source told me has lined up experienced coach as assistant who played 200 AFL games. I'm pretty sure Grose has got the gig and Willo will be his assistant. Club is happy with changes that Grose has made.

Any updates on the Kangaroos in Div 3 surely they have to look to make change for next season if they are going to make the next step.

Apparently he has been speaking with a heap of players and is confident of dragging a lot of youth across if he gets a gig somewhere plus 3 -4 seasoned SFL players. Source told me has lined up experienced coach as assistant who played 200 AFL games. I'm pretty sure Grose has got the gig and Willo will be his assistant. Club is happy with changes that Grose has made.

Any updates on the Kangaroos in Div 3 surely they have to look to make change for next season if they are going to make the next step.

I hear an ex Stkilda city player now coaching in the EFL has been approached by a 1st Div club apparantly he has resigned from his club and is very intrested crossing back to the SFL.
Another sh!t coach will join the ranks if its true!!!:D

tour1999 i think you are misinformed, David Grose will not be coach at Black Rock and will most likely be playing elsewhere next year after what apparently happened on the weekend. Beshara is odds on for the job and will probably be the only one to apply, the only problem with Beshara is rumour has it Mick Allen will be on his coaching panel.

tour1999 i think you are misinformed, David Grose will not be coach at Black Rock and will most likely be playing elsewhere next year after what apparently happened on the weekend. Beshara is odds on for the job and will probably be the only one to apply, the only problem with Beshara is rumour has it Mick Allen will be on his coaching panel.

So what happened on Saturday ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Micky Allen why would Beshara bother ,well he might come in handy to fill up the water bottles:p

Micky Allen why would Beshara bother ,well he might come in handy to fill up the water bottles:p

Mick Allen is a good bloke, don't know why he gets canned on this forum. Just a genuine good bloke. Forget bout his coaching credentials. What has he done to annoy so many people ?
Beshara has a high profile assistant

Mick Allen is a good bloke, don't know why he gets canned on this forum. Just a genuine good bloke. Forget bout his coaching credentials. What has he done to annoy so many people ?
Beshara has a high profile assistant

Mate Mick Allen ain't a good bloke his dodgy as they come, he will piss in your pocket and tell you what you want to hear his a slippery little snake.

Big Call saying Black Rock wont have anyone apply. Every year there are several candidates. They have been around for 100 years and have great history and only won a flag a few years ago. I don't know if Grose is the man but my mail is he will be appointed at seasons end and I'm sure Willo will do a good job as assistant. Has anyone thought Beshara mite end up at Hampton ? With Balck Rock signing Grose and Hampton Coach supposedly getting sacked if they don't win the flag wouldn't that be logical choice. Don't think Micky Allen is on his ticket but I now know who his assistant is. Former Saints VFL player played 200 games(sorry wont revaeal out of respect). Beena should chase him but DH on the field but very good coach by all reports. Hear on the grapevine that Kappler is a chance of being signed by Moorabbin and contrary to what Iv'e been told Wright to Caulfield. Caulfield is the side that could slip off the radar unless they make a stance. Bennett gone from Heatherton anyone heard who is taking over ?

Isn't mick allen nevilles bitch:D;)

i might be coaching next year myview but ill have to give up a few things i luv away which might be hard:thumbsu::D

I know for a fact that you are entertaining the thought of coaching next year. I truly believe you should apply for a position but the lack of maturity you have shown on this forum and the constant negativity towards your previous club/s and coaches may have an impact on your ambitions to coach. Only you can change the perception clubs have of you.

I know for a fact that you are entertaining the thought of coaching next year. I truly believe you should apply for a position but the lack of maturity you have shown on this forum and the constant negativity towards your previous club/s and coaches may have an impact on your ambitions to coach. Only you can change the perception clubs have of you.
Ill try my best to be a good boy from now on:D

Ill try my best to be a good boy from now on:D

It's come to my attention the name of two players that appear on this forum and the pseudonym names they trade under. Both players were cleared during the season to a rival club. It's appalling that both these players still have a vendetta against their old club and continually mock the coaches of that particular club. It's cowardly, immature and disrespectful particularly when one of the people being mocked is supposedly a friend of the person who is cowering behind a screen(IMMATURE).

1. Note to any player who has been cleared to another club during the season - please don't go into your previous clubs change rooms post game on a Friday Night. If your team has a week off come finals time don't come into the rooms either.

2. If you have an issue with a person have the courage to tell them in a one on one situation.

HAMMOER you would think you could come up with a name that doesn't relate to your surname

It's come to my attention the name of two players that appear on this forum and the pseudonym names they trade under. Both players were cleared during the season to a rival club. It's appalling that both these players still have a vendetta against their old club and continually mock the coaches of that particular club. It's cowardly, immature and disrespectful particularly when one of the people being mocked is supposedly a friend of the person who is cowering behind a screen(IMMATURE).

1. Note to any player who has been cleared to another club during the season - please don't go into your previous clubs change rooms post game on a Friday Night. If your team has a week off come finals time don't come into the rooms either.

2. If you have an issue with a person have the courage to tell them in a one on one situation.

HAMMOER you would think you could come up with a name that doesn't relate to your surname

It goes both ways champ, i know for a fact that all the above mentioned coaches and assistants are on here under new names and they have done nothing but bad mouth and carry on as well. so dont start preaching and carrying on about who's right and who's wrong and dont do this and dont do that. As they are still friends with some of the people there why is it a problem for them to associate with them ?

Surely there is something more interesting in your life than to keep bringing up old news ! we have heard it all before .:D

It goes both ways champ, i know for a fact that all the above mentioned coaches and assistants are on here under new names and they have done nothing but bad mouth and carry on as well. so dont start preaching and carrying on about who's right and who's wrong and dont do this and dont do that. As they are still friends with some of the people there why is it a problem for them to associate with them ?

Surely there is something more interesting in your life than to keep bringing up old news ! we have heard it all before .:D

hi homer, geez BAD MOUTHING ,MOCKING yar cannot do that on a forum:D
MOVEON who made you peace maker:D anyone seen MY VIEW :):):):)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back