Coaching changes for 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Lots of talk around at the moment about a few clubs wishes to return to the SFL.

Bentleigh and Parkdale are two that I know of.....

Parkdale maybe but Bentleigh are happy in the ammos they have a heap of young kids and dont want to expose them to the SFL whatever that means!!!

Parkdale maybe but Bentleigh are happy in the ammos they have a heap of young kids and dont want to expose them to the SFL whatever that means!!![/QUOTE

I would think the only club to cross over will be South Mornington. There is no point playing D4 or D3 amateurs particularly when you are based in Mornington and have to travel to places like Point Cook.
Prahran should be targeted by the SFL.

Bentleigh are far from happy. Have had talks recently with SFL.

Ormond had a meeting with the SFL last week to and people are spreading the rumour that they are considering joining the league but there is absolutely NO WAY they would even consider it. There are numerous clubs the SFL has presented to that doesn't mean anything.

Bentleigh have been contemplating it for a while now but never really been here nor there, when they finished last they were very close but then went down and won the premiership. Glen Eira are another team they are looking at and they are also having a massive crack at Keysborough as well. Apparently Parkdale have told the SFL that if they were to cross over they would only play in Div 2 minimum.

Bentleigh have been contemplating it for a while now but never really been here nor there, when they finished last they were very close but then went down and won the premiership. Glen Eira are another team they are looking at and they are also having a massive crack at Keysborough as well. Apparently Parkdale have told the SFL that if they were to cross over they would only play in Div 2 minimum.

Ok just done some reaserch on some of these posts and it seems like no one is on the ball.
None of the Clubs mentioned will be part of the SFL come season 2011.
It is true the SFL have been proactive in trying to recruit some clubs.
My understanding is Chadstone f/c are the closest to considering a move and they are a 20/80 at best!

Ok just done some reaserch on some of these posts and it seems like no one is on the ball.
None of the Clubs mentioned will be part of the SFL come season 2011.
It is true the SFL have been proactive in trying to recruit some clubs.
My understanding is Chadstone f/c are the closest to considering a move and they are a 20/80 at best!

Chadstone is a logical choice but I know for a fact that they wont be moving, committee has a belief the culture of the league is poor and that the crowd behaviour is also poor. I was told by a member of the SFL Board that 3 clubs were crossing over into the competition next season and the ammos were accepting of this decision.

Glen Eira are not considering moving to the SFL.

Glen Eira are not considering moving to the SFL.

Many theories getting thrown around on this forum about potential movements but does anyone have genuine knowledge above the usual rumour and innuendo? Claims by some that certain clubs are ready to jump but then people with apparent alignments to those clubs strongly refute the claims. If you were to believe what is being said then one or more of Bentleigh, SM Districts, Glen Eira, Parkdale, Ormond, Chadstone, Sth Mornington and Keysborough and set to join the SFL. From a VAFA perspective Chadstone would be the natural choice. Have failed to win a game in the bottom (7th) division of the VAFA for 3 years. Maybe in trying to turn things around they might look elsewhere. Are these apparent ‘discussions’ any thing more than a just a sales pitch by the SFL hierarchy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Many theories getting thrown around on this forum about potential movements but does anyone have genuine knowledge above the usual rumour and innuendo? Claims by some that certain clubs are ready to jump but then people with apparent alignments to those clubs strongly refute the claims. If you were to believe what is being said then one or more of Bentleigh, SM Districts, Glen Eira, Parkdale, Ormond, Chadstone, Sth Mornington and Keysborough and set to join the SFL. From a VAFA perspective Chadstone would be the natural choice. Have failed to win a game in the bottom (7th) division of the VAFA for 3 years. Maybe in trying to turn things around they might look elsewhere. Are these apparent ‘discussions’ any thing more than a just a sales pitch by the SFL hierarchy?
[/QUOT

I can confirm Wayne Holdsworth met with Ormond two weeks ago, I know Ormond would never contemplate playing in the SFL and I'm sure the reason they met was out of Respect to Wayne as he was the previous President at Ormond. I spoke with Chadstone earlier this week and they wont becoming into the SFL as for reasons previously stated. I asked a board member a month ago about Glen Eira and he stated that they werent one of the 3 clubs crossing over. I can't comment directly on the other clubs I only can speculate

Thought id join the discussion and fill in some gaps.
Bentleigh and Parkdale will be and are seriously considering re-joining the SFL. That would be 2 of the teams joining. Ive heard some whispers that the third team is a new start up out of the outer south east....think narre north/endeavour hills way...:cool:

The clubs i mentioned in previous posts i never said they were crossing over i said the SFL were having a serious crack at getting them to crossover, with Keysborough the SFL were playing the local rivalry with Dingley card but Keysy are going a fair bit better this year than they were last year so probably not realistic. Parkdale from what i understand are very keen to cross back but are refusing to start in div 3, and the others are the SFL being proactive which can only be good for the comp.

On Chadstone, if they can't win a game in the ammos how do they expect to win in the SFL, Sth Mornington crossed to the ammos cause they were getting flogged every week in Div 3 and haven't exactly set the world alight in the lowest ammo div.

Parkdale and Bentleigh, should they come across, should start in Div 2. Thats where Dingley started and is a good reference point.

As much as people on here have refuted it, Bentleigh have had serious talks (ones that they initiated) with the SFL recently. This isn't rumour. This comes directly from people involved heavily at BFC.

As for SMDFC, i am not sure. Have heard rumblings but nothing concrete.

The fact that Keysey, Chelsea, Edithvale etc are in a VCFL comp is laughable. Anything south of Frankston (Mornington, Red Hill, Sorrento etc) can be deemed country but not north! Its ridiculous.

The fact that Keysey, Chelsea, Edithvale etc are in a VCFL comp is laughable. Anything south of Frankston (Mornington, Red Hill, Sorrento etc) can be deemed country but not north! Its ridiculous.

Agreed. You could probably add plenty more to that list. Doveton, Hampton Park, Seaford, Narre Warren etc. These suburbs hardly classify as country. Getting back to the earlier point it just keeps going backwards and forwards. Some are convinced moves are afoot while others are equally as adamant it will never happen. I guess only time will tell.

Thought id join the discussion and fill in some gaps.
Bentleigh and Parkdale will be and are seriously considering re-joining the SFL. That would be 2 of the teams joining. Ive heard some whispers that the third team is a new start up out of the outer south east....think narre north/endeavour hills way...:cool:

The 3rd team sounds like Doveton eagles name change!!!:confused::rolleyes:

Agreed. You could probably add plenty more to that list. Doveton, Hampton Park, Seaford, Narre Warren etc. These suburbs hardly classify as country. Getting back to the earlier point it just keeps going backwards and forwards. Some are convinced moves are afoot while others are equally as adamant it will never happen. I guess only time will tell.

The Cold hard facts are if some of these teams join the SFL some clubs will go under these things can be a two edged sword sohome work needs to be done!!
Think of the Budgets some of these club will bring with them?? the gap will widen very fast

Parkdale and Bentleigh, should they come across, should start in Div 2. Thats where Dingley started and is a good reference point.

As much as people on here have refuted it, Bentleigh have had serious talks (ones that they initiated) with the SFL recently. This isn't rumour. This comes directly from people involved heavily at BFC.

As for SMDFC, i am not sure. Have heard rumblings but nothing concrete.

If there is a fire in edithvale or aspendale it is attended by CFA so it must be country!!!

can confirm the end hills/narre warren entity is a new club..nothing to do with the Doveton Eagles.
I think it is a good move by the SFL agressively recruiting new/existing clubs, ensures the comp is as strong as possible.
Also the word is that both Parkdale and Bentleigh would be nominally playing as Ammo clubs i.e. not paying players, so i would think divvy 2 would be about right

As much as people on here have refuted it, Bentleigh have had serious talks (ones that they initiated) with the SFL recently. This isn't rumour. This comes directly from people involved heavily at BFC..

The VAFA make it very hard sometimes with their classist bias towards the "Old Boy Collegian" clubs, when completing melee & complaints investigations & do not give a s**t about district clubs. Except when they want to slap a hefty fine on them, for so much a farting in their direction.

It sounds like most of the leaks/rumours are coming from SFL clubs or administration. If it is Senior SFL admin, it doesn't very professional or ethical of them to be boasting "we've got this club or that club in 2011" when nothing has been set in concrete.

Who is your source at Bentleigh anyway Superfreak? You seem to know more than me & I've been at the club for 13 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back