Coaching changes for 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Bennett was going to step away after last year but decided to have another year after winning promotion to Div 1. The blokes at Heatherton have known all year that this would be his last.

Bennett to St.Kilda City to team up with Mongo the running Tattoo!!!

He did a similar job at Heatherton when all of their players left due to money drying up.

He will have to call on all of his skills in saving City when "Richard the Pea Heart" heads to the MPNFL next year!!!

Bennett to St.Kilda City to team up with Mongo the running Tattoo!!!

He did a similar job at Heatherton when all of their players left due to money drying up.

He will have to call on all of his skills in saving City when "Richard the Pea Heart" heads to the MPNFL next year!!!

The word is that John Bennett is staying at Heatherton in off field role.

tour1999 aka simon beshara has been appointed coach of black rock on the proviso he brings at least 15 players with him

I'm not really up for this rubbish on Big Footy but Tour 1999 is not Simon Beshara - read through the posts. Dont worry I wont be posting again. Good luck to Hampton this coming week hope they go well and they certainly deserve to be there in Division 2 next year

Spot on Sniper.This is why you should not do business with these bozo's.Discretion is something they know nothing about, but more interested in getting a cheap headline to justify their existence.There is a push from some within Bentleigh (not necessarily on the committee, but nonetheless respected people) to move to the SFL. The counter argument are the immense costs involved, but the incentive of being able to sell alcohol, and attract big crowds with some 'traditional' clashes is again luring a few towards the move. Added to this is the fact that Bentleigh will have an under 18 team probably competing in the SFL next season.There are many that are fed up with the Ammos taking fees and yet every week the club has to provide goal and field umpires to cover their shortfall. Glen Eira will never move to the SFL as they do not have the junior structure and really survive from year to year.Sooner or later their lack of planning will catch up with them.They managed to form an Under 17 team due to an internal fallout at Murrumbeena,and picked up a number of stragglers, but I can' t see to many of them hanging around GE next season. Why would they? Absolute s*** club. Ormond has as much chance of moving to the SFL as John Howard has of being voted President of the Pakistan Cricket Association.Parkdale may move but I recall they were the team that was going to dominate the Ammos as a result of their amalgamation a few years back and many clubs were very worried about their likely dominance.So much for that theory! Parkdale will stay put and try to win a flag in D grade and start their climb.South Districts are struggling because they have paid lip service to their juniors for a number of years and they know realise they have to do something if they want to survive. They can't rely on Port Colts to keep sending them players. They will remain in the Ammos, but may struggle for a few years.
Next season could be a different story for a few of these former SFL clubs.

Spot on Sniper.This is why you should not do business with these bozo's.Discretion is something they know nothing about, but more interested in getting a cheap headline to justify their existence.There is a push from some within Bentleigh (not necessarily on the committee, but nonetheless respected people) to move to the SFL. The counter argument are the immense costs involved, but the incentive of being able to sell alcohol, and attract big crowds with some 'traditional' clashes is again luring a few towards the move. Added to this is the fact that Bentleigh will have an under 18 team probably competing in the SFL next season.There are many that are fed up with the Ammos taking fees and yet every week the club has to provide goal and field umpires to cover their shortfall. Glen Eira will never move to the SFL as they do not have the junior structure and really survive from year to year.Sooner or later their lack of planning will catch up with them.They managed to form an Under 17 team due to an internal fallout at Murrumbeena,and picked up a number of stragglers, but I can' t see to many of them hanging around GE next season. Why would they? Absolute s*** club. Ormond has as much chance of moving to the SFL as John Howard has of being voted President of the Pakistan Cricket Association.Parkdale may move but I recall they were the team that was going to dominate the Ammos as a result of their amalgamation a few years back and many clubs were very worried about their likely dominance.So much for that theory! Parkdale will stay put and try to win a flag in D grade and start their climb.South Districts are struggling because they have paid lip service to their juniors for a number of years and they know realise they have to do something if they want to survive. They can't rely on Port Colts to keep sending them players. They will remain in the Ammos, but may struggle for a few years.

Isnt it amazing that clubs like Bentleigh are now looking to come back to a comp like the SFL.

They left because they would not have to pay players. Trouble is, nearly all of the decent players leave because they want to get paid.

Result..... They look to return to the SFL to re-establish themselves, unfortunately in a far weaker state than when they left.

Coaching news at Dingley, Changes are in the wind!!!

Isnt it amazing that clubs like Bentleigh are now looking to come back to a comp like the SFL.

They left because they would not have to pay players. Trouble is, nearly all of the decent players leave because they want to get paid.

Result..... They look to return to the SFL to re-establish themselves, unfortunately in a far weaker state than when they left.

Bentleigh left the SFL to join the VAFA because they were seriously in debt, due to paying 6-8 players big bucks. They have since reduced their debt significantly to the point where they can decide which league will give them the biggest "bang for their buck."

As most know, which the VAFA will strongly deny, the VAFA have a strong pregidous against district clubs, especially those that are outspoken, in favour for the Old boy Collegian teams, with their bureaucratic regulations (fines etc)

I'd hardly say that if Bentleigh were to return to the SFL, the club would be in a weaker state, its just that they don't pay players $100s per game as in the 90s. All of these players have since retired anyway.

Long time reader first time poster.

I have been a Bentleigh supporter for a long time and have had a number of discussions with club members about joining the SFL next year. I am all for it, would love to be able to have a few beers again while watching the footy. The five years free affiliation fees being offered by the SFL will help a little bit, but it is not much of an incentive when you have to pay a few players to compete with other div 2 sides. How much are affiliation fees in the SFL anyway, about $10,000 in the VAFA.

Long time reader first time poster.

I have been a Bentleigh supporter for a long time and have had a number of discussions with club members about joining the SFL next year. I am all for it, would love to be able to have a few beers again while watching the footy. The five years free affiliation fees being offered by the SFL will help a little bit, but it is not much of an incentive when you have to pay a few players to compete with other div 2 sides. How much are affiliation fees in the SFL anyway, about $10,000 in the VAFA.

Five years free affiliation fees? Have you seriously been offered this?? The existing SFL clubs will have kittens if thats true.

Five years free affiliation fees? Have you seriously been offered this?? The existing SFL clubs will have kittens if thats true.

Yes, it is a great incentive for us to join. The SFL are smart, they need some sort of incentive to get strong clubs into the SFL, would you prefer that SFL continues to get smaller and smaller.

How much are the fees each year?

Yes, it is a great incentive for us to join. The SFL are smart, they need some sort of incentive to get strong clubs into the SFL, would you prefer that SFL continues to get smaller and smaller.

How much are the fees each year?

Thanks for the PM Sniper, 5 years was what I was told on Sunday, saving $10K a year would be good, plus the added bar sales. Gives us 5 years to build a solid base. Plus with the team we currently have I think we can be very competive in Division 2 and push for promotion in a couple of years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bentleigh person eh, I'm calling BS on this one ;)

You can call BS if you want, I am not going to reveal my source as I don't think he would appreciate it. We will see what happens in the next month or so. But I am very happy about it and want to get it out there for support as I am sure there are plenty who want to stay in the VAFA.

JC,
Do you think it is a good idea for the SFL to try and attract clubs to the league. If so what other incentive would you offer to get teams to transfer?

You can call BS if you want, I am not going to reveal my source as I don't think he would appreciate it. We will see what happens in the next month or so. But I am very happy about it and want to get it out there for support as I am sure there are plenty who want to stay in the VAFA.

JC,
Do you think it is a good idea for the SFL to try and attract clubs to the league. If so what other incentive would you offer to get teams to transfer?

Ahhhh, so you have a source, so your not a Bentleigh person but you just know someone at the club & you're a Richmond supporter...hmmmm :cool::)

JC,

I think its fine to attract other clubs, but not at any cost. To subsidise a new club entry to the tune of $50k wont happen. In a former life I was a regular attendee of the SFL meetings and a common theme was that financial clubs were always dirty on unfinancial ones. For the league to subsidise new clubs when it is known that existing clubs are in debt to the SFL places too much burden on the clubs that do the right thing and pay their bills. They wont stand for it.

Perhaps this should be posted on VAFA D2 board

Mahalo,
Unfortunately it is the SFL doing the chasing and not vice versa.Not sure about the far weaker state.Based on what I have seen in Div 2 there is nothing there that would make anyone tremble with fear.
:D

Ahhhh, so you have a source, so your not a Bentleigh person but you just know someone at the club & you're a Richmond supporter...hmmmm :cool::)

Keep Fishing, I am a Bentleigh person, come to most home games, struggle with away games. If your implying that it was Dizzy because I am a Richmond supporter you are wrong.

Mahalo,
Unfortunately it is the SFL doing the chasing and not vice versa.Not sure about the far weaker state.Based on what I have seen in Div 2 there is nothing there that would make anyone tremble with fear.
:D

I was more referring to the structure of Bentleigh. Do you have the off field support necessary to run the club? Sponsorship, Memberships, Fund Raising must be stepped up to meet the costs associated with moving back to a comp that pays players.

Div 2 shouldnt concern anybody but you may start in Div 3?

Whatever happens, the SFL is doing the right thing by trying to attract local clubs but into the comp. Good luck.

And I call BS on the five free years affiliation. There would be a lynching at the SFL AGM.

This man speaketh the truth. Very hard to believe the league would abandon $75k+. For what benefit? Is $75k+ the cost of having a bye in div 3?

Add to the fact the AGM would be ugly...

This man speaketh the truth. Very hard to believe the league would abandon $75k+. For what benefit? Is $75k+ the cost of having a bye in div 3?

Add to the fact the AGM would be ugly...

Wow $15K a year compared to $10K in the VAFA. I thought it would be cheaper with less teams to run.
As I said this is only what I have been told. Do the SFL have to disclose the deals they have done with individual clubs at the AGM or only if the question is asked from the floor?

It is not for the cost of having a bye in Div three, it is for the opportunity of stopping the decline of the SFL. If one strong team like Bentleigh can come across to the SFL then other teams may look at the option as well.

Wow $15K a year compared to $10K in the VAFA. I thought it would be cheaper with less teams to run.
As I said this is only what I have been told. Do the SFL have to disclose the deals they have done with individual clubs at the AGM or only if the question is asked from the floor?

It is not for the cost of having a bye in Div three, it is for the opportunity of stopping the decline of the SFL. If one strong team like Bentleigh can come across to the SFL then other teams may look at the option as well.

Strong Club? Does a club who floated around the relegation zone of D2 (5th Division) of the ammos before finishing mid table and could not get an U19 team on the park this year qualify as being a strong club? No disrespect intended and I understand the interest that a possible BFC defection would bring to the SFL but in the VAFA Bentleigh is a minnow.

Why are you worried that people will find out on here that you've done nothing but speak bullshit? If you were a real Bentleigh person you'd know what the offer was from the SFL.

You're doing nothing but cause dislike to our club from SFL before the club even considers the offer & portray the club "as if our s**t don't stink". As much as there is rumour, skuttlebutt & inuendo on Big Footy, some people actually report the truth on here.

Also you do realise that some of the administration from the SFL HQ read this forum, thus potentionally jepordising any offer they might have on the table for us. They already got got rid of some trouble makers this year so why would they let more in. And if you may think that your not liable or responsible for what you put on the net because you're just joking around, then just ask how Stephanie Rice is going. Things can be taken away just as easily as they are offered

I'd like to find out who you really are to tell you to "cool your jets a bit" in person. PM me, don't worry I have credibility, I won't disclose your anonymity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back